Celtic vs TheRangers - Match Thread

No other manager in Europe would have survived what lenny has this season...all because of who he is...and for a club the size of celtic that is fucking disgraceful. Barnes didnt get away with it, neither did Mowbury. Lennon has oversaw is being knocked out of Europe, twice, being utterly humiliated in the europa. We have been knocked out a cup and sit 19 points behind the league leaders in January. If any other manager had started the season, like Howe or Clarke, in charge of celtic and we were in the position we are now there would not be a single fan defending them. Such small club mentality to support a guy who has failed us just cause he wore the jersey. He will always be a club legend but to keep defending the guy!! I dont get it.
I don't have a problem with anyone criticising Lenny or calling for him being sacked, its the nastiness towards him from some quarters i don't agree with. Chanting we're all Neil Lennon then throwing missiles at his team bus when things go wrong has more than a whiff of hypocrisy about it.

Sums up our season that we somehow managed to lose that game. But we have failed to deliver when we need it most and they looked like they were there for the taking which makes it worse.

Season is over now and what's worrying is how the wider fanbase will react when it comes to renewing season tickets, the Covid situation shows little sign of improving this season and I think a lot of people will think twice about shelling out for 21 / 22 now.

Still it's been a great decade of success including a treble treble that will be hard to equal. Remember the all the good times, I am convinced this season will turn out to be a blip. Keep the faith!
Quadruple Treble

Bitton ‘deserved ‘red? Since when has reffing in these games ever been based on ‘deserving’? Decisions are based on bias. Do you think a red would have appeared if that happened at their end? Would it fcuk.
Utterly sick of the hun refs and their ‘decisions’ 🤬
I tend to agree that he wanted to give red to relief his team

But it probably was a ref since it was a rugby tackle.

duffy tackle was pretty reckless as well.

But despite playing quite well we got no goals.

no good enough overall

he took off some of our better players in game and brought on no tactics at all that I could see,

their goal was jammy but in the end Eddy. was off boil again

Christie wasn't too great

And frimpong was mesmerising until he tried to pass it, even 10 yard passes were struggling to hit their man

overall we didn't do enough with 11 men to get a goal

And that was us playing pretty well

they were guff and won

I feel sick inside

but they won, mainly coz bitton decided a rugby tackle was a good option

boaby orange just needed a hint to make the call

but it probably was red even if he wouldn't have given against his team

can you imagine the outrage if a Celtic Fan who went to republican marches was ref in a crucial old firm match

Aye your right it wouldn't be allowed

but Boaby orange gets lots of old firm games coz well its rigged

I might just pick an English team and be done with it. Money has already won down here. There's no favourites or secrets. I clung on to the scottish game cause I believed the good guys could overcome all the obstacles put in their way, even by our own club, but it was not to be. The rigged game has won with a little help from us......now, United or Liverpool 🤔🤔🤔

Duffy’s tackle on Kent is about the only half decent thing he’s done since he’s been here!

Duffy is part of the problem for the sending off and the result today.
We're playing people out of position because we can't trust an EPL defender

I'll drive him back to Brighton if it helps

I wouldn't have brought him on I'd have left Turnbull and Soro on and brought Christie and McGregor off with Rogic and Ely on to run at them
They are still cram in midfield and defence we should have over ran the midfield with 3 stickers up front
Might as well lose 3 Nil, as 1 Nil got to give it a go.

I wouldn't have brought him on I'd have left Turnbull and Soro on and brought Christie and McGregor off with Rogic and Ely on to run at them
They are still cram in midfield and defence we should have over ran the midfield with 3 stickers up front

Choosing to bring on the shitebag that is eli should be a sackable offence on its own!!

I’ll chip in some petrol money!

I know Duffy is a carthorse, but blaming him for Biton getting sent off, when he wasnt on the pitch, is stretching it a bit. Jeez

"I might just pick an English team and be done with it. Money has already won down here. There's no favourites or secrets. I clung on to the scottish game cause I believed the good guys could overcome all the obstacles put in their way, even by our own club, but it was not to be. The rigged game has won with a little help from us......now, United or Liverpool 🤔🤔🤔
You have now made my mind up Lubo. I'm going for Yeovil Town. Goodbye, heartache, stress, disappointment, cheating, Zombies, and the money grabbing Peter Lawell, Dermot Desmond and Celtic Board.
Come and join me Lubo. It's a new dawn.
"Come on you Glovers."

Played well but no cutting edge, ball in from Laxalt and Frimpong weren't good enough my one concern was who covers for Laxalt when he goes forward thought it would be McGregor and mostly he did same as Christie with Frimpong but a poor pass caught them all too far forward Bitton could have headed back towards goal but he tried to catch Morelos and it blew up on us.Another hard luck story for us today like most of the season the big problem for us is that there is a good chance they will win the league and are better set up to make the group stages of the C.L.

If we hadn't been so far behind in the league, I wouldn't have been disappointed but not totally despondent about today
However the circumstances mean I just feel shit.
Lot of thinking to do at Board level now. 10s chances slim to none, but I ktf. Plan for going forward now needed.
HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back