Transfer Rumours

It is interesting that we manage to keep this one under the radar with no leaks at all until he is actually on his way to us for a medical after the fee has been agreed. It just shows that 99% of the Celtic transfer rumours posted online and in the media are either made up (2+2=5, as a Deadco FC accountant would say), "leaked" by agents trying to boost interest in and the the profile of their players or click-bait nonsense looking for more hits/publicity to boost viewing figures.

If the boy signs then welcome to Paradise.
I heard that we are using an agency (CAA Base), and in particular a guy called Frank Trimboli, to get our transfer business done. O'Riley is represented by this agency. Trimboli is a Aussie based in Europe and a senior member of this agency. He has worked with Ange before and was involved in getting the three Japanese signings done so quickly. A sort of Ange's Dudu Dahan:oops:

I heard that we are using an agency (CAA Base), and in particular a guy called Frank Trimboli, to get our transfer business done. O'Riley is represented by this agency. Trimboli is a Aussie based in Europe and a senior member of this agency. He has worked with Ange before and was involved in getting the three Japanese signings done so quickly. A sort of Ange's Dudu Dahan:oops:
Right gary, spill the fuckin beans. What's your real name?
Too much inside info.
Are you Gary lineker?
Gary Desmond?
Maybe Gary Neville?
Or Gary Barlow?
Or spongebobs mate Gary?
I dunno, but keep the info coming!

Right gary, spill the fuckin beans. What's your real name?
Too much inside info.
Are you Gary lineker?
Gary Desmond?
Maybe Gary Neville?
Or Gary Barlow?
Or spongebobs mate Gary?
I dunno, but keep the info coming!
I reckon his real name isn't Gary but it is actually Gavin - Gavin Strachan. He is always on that bloody laptop updating us plebs on the Noise and looking for ideas from our amazing suggestions for substitutions during the matches.

I know we all like to laugh at the financial incompetence of the idiots running/ruining sevco at Ibrokes, but they look like fiscal genuises compared to many down in England. And it is these phuqwits living way beyond their means that has ruined the transfer market in this region and artificially inflated wage demands for sub-standard journeyman footballers.

This does have an impact on near neighbours like ourselves, so thankfully Ange and his far-east contacts have identified a much better source of value-for-money players.

The table below highlights the incredible turnover ratio of wage expense to income for the English Championship clubs. UEFA recommend an absolute maximum of 70% of your turnover being spent of wages (which I'm sure most business-minded people or accountants like TET would have a heart palpitations if you operated at this level for any period of time). 19 of the 24 clubs are over 100% - so spending more on wages (excluding any other operating expenses) than they are taking in as revenue.

You have clubs like Bristol City who have lost an average of £59,000 every single day of every single year for the last ten years! And have never even made it into the playoffs.

Note too that the table below includes the massive parachute payments for clubs relegated from the EPL and does not really factor in the huge revenue downturns caused by the Covid pandemic!

No wonder it is so difficult to find value for money in the transfer market.

1642687956520.png

When they are not licking the transfer window, the Huns can't help themselves from opening their yap about incoming Celtic players, only to have it shut by the TIMS
Here is one example from Twitter:
And what is it with supposed grown men referring to themselves as 'Bears' :rolleyes:

AldoTbear

@awforforksake

I remember when we used to have to sign players from MK Dons

https://twitter.com/deeznads789
buggerlugs the TIM replied:

You remember when you used to "buy" players

When they are not licking the transfer window, the Huns can't help themselves from opening their yap about incoming Celtic players, only to have it shut by the TIMS
Here is one example from Twitter:
And what is it with supposed grown men referring to themselves as 'Bears' :rolleyes:

AldoTbear
@awforforksake

I remember when we used to have to sign players from MK Dons

https://twitter.com/deeznads789
buggerlugs the TIM replied:

You remember when you used to "buy" players
Think he is confusing the two Rangers there Dill, this new club has not sunk into Billys head yet that the old club died.

I know we all like to laugh at the financial incompetence of the idiots running/ruining sevco at Ibrokes, but they look like fiscal genuises compared to many down in England. And it is these phuqwits living way beyond their means that has ruined the transfer market in this region and artificially inflated wage demands for sub-standard journeyman footballers.

This does have an impact on near neighbours like ourselves, so thankfully Ange and his far-east contacts have identified a much better source of value-for-money players.

The table below highlights the incredible turnover ratio of wage expense to income for the English Championship clubs. UEFA recommend an absolute maximum of 70% of your turnover being spent of wages (which I'm sure most business-minded people or accountants like TET would have a heart palpitations if you operated at this level for any period of time). 19 of the 24 clubs are over 100% - so spending more on wages (excluding any other operating expenses) than they are taking in as revenue.

You have clubs like Bristol City who have lost an average of £59,000 every single day of every single year for the last ten years! And have never even made it into the playoffs.

Note too that the table below includes the massive parachute payments for clubs relegated from the EPL and does not really factor in the huge revenue downturns caused by the Covid pandemic!

No wonder it is so difficult to find value for money in the transfer market.

View attachment 17372

Can only think that this potential signing could be the last piece of the jigsaw Ange is creating.
Would look like we will have a very strong and talented squad with 2 very capable players for every position within the 433 formation imo.
The competition for starting positions will be immense and allows for player rotation without any foreseeable issues either.
Throw in the ages of so many of these players now, and the future is well and truly nothing but green and white yet again.
Of course with every new arrival then casualties have to be expected, so can't see much future for the likes of soro, Shaw, Bitton, and Mccarthy also, as imo they don't seem to fit the profile of the type of players, Ange really wants within the midfield area as such
Interesting to note the age of all these guys as well as the price. We may well be that club that we are trying to be.... buying young talent cheap and developing them through a strong and well developed system to make big profits as we become a winning and exciting side.

Are you sure is Frank Trimboli Gary. Ange played with a guy called PAUL Trimboli (Trimmers) when he was was with Sth Melbourne. Trimmers also played for Australia in the 80's

Last edited:
Back