Transfer Rumours

I think given Ange confirming that Riley McGree was a possible signing and the links with Hannes Wolf at BMG we are on the lookout for one more midfielder. Will probably need Soro to be moved on first but there is supposedly interest in him from MLS.
Can only think that this potential signing could be the last piece of the jigsaw Ange is creating.
Would look like we will have a very strong and talented squad with 2 very capable players for every position within the 433 formation imo.
The competition for starting positions will be immense and allows for player rotation without any foreseeable issues either.
Throw in the ages of so many of these players now, and the future is well and truly nothing but green and white yet again.
Of course with every new arrival then casualties have to be expected, so can't see much future for the likes of soro, Shaw, Bitton, and Mccarthy also, as imo they don't seem to fit the profile of the type of players, Ange really wants within the midfield area as such

Can only think that this potential signing could be the last piece of the jigsaw Ange is creating.
Would look like we will have a very strong and talented squad with 2 very capable players for every position within the 433 formation imo.
The competition for starting positions will be immense and allows for player rotation without any foreseeable issues either.
Throw in the ages of so many of these players now, and the future is well and truly nothing but green and white yet again.
Of course with every new arrival then casualties have to be expected, so can't see much future for the likes of soro, Shaw, Bitton, and Mccarthy also, as imo they don't seem to fit the profile of the type of players, Ange really wants within the midfield area as such
I wouldn't be writing off Shaw or bitton John. Bitton has done a job for us this year so far and Shaw was played out of position when he played,out of necessity. I like soro, but he doesnt seem to be in anges plans, so he'll likely be moved on along with ajeti. As for McCarthy, he doesn't care as he's sittin on a four year contract.
If we sign this lad then I'd say that's it for this window.

I wouldn't be writing off Shaw or bitton John. Bitton has done a job for us this year so far and Shaw was played out of position when he played,out of necessity. I like soro, but he doesnt seem to be in anges plans, so he'll likely be moved on along with ajeti. As for McCarthy, he doesn't care as he's sittin on a four year contract.
If we sign this lad then I'd say that's it for this window.
Won't disagree deadner, and Bitton especially I think has done very well so far this season to date.
It's just looking beyond this season that I'm referring to more so, and by the looks of things we are not building for this season, as we have the looks of a squad for the next couple of seasons in mind at present and with players Ange feels comfortable with bringing into the club.
Just saying in the summer looks like it could be a big reduction in players as this project players don't look like a venture we seem to be interested in continuing with thank fuck

If this happens and O' Riley contributes to the remainder of this season, then this window will have been super. An important thing for me, is that it will hugely benefit Mc Gregor as well. He will now be able to get a well deserved rest, when needed.

Another good article from Niall J and for me only highlights the character Ange looks for in a player, putting success before money.
Also I would say that we as a club walked away from the mcgreedy deal in favour for a player who seems to want the desire to succeed with us moreso imo.
Sounds like it could well be another masterstroke, to the many others Ange has produced so far imo

We have plenty left footed midfielders - just a pity none of our main CBs are left footed (unless Scales gets a shot in there).
Still remains very hard to say BB. Currently seems as the back up to Taylor at LB and arguable about who is the better still as not a lot between them imo.
Was thinking that scales would be a great option for going with a 3 at the back with scales on the left of the 3 myself, but it could remain an option, but one that doesn't seem to high on the agenda Ange is currently setting out, and hardly going to question his decision either atm.

I think he could maybe be cover for Rogic re injuries international duty and overall time on the park but regardless what the plan is if its true I'd trust Ange's judgement.
Can't ever remember the time when we had so many options available and who is the better choice in the strongest available 11.
Only have to look at the current josip or ralston as RB, both remain at 1st and 2nd choice as the best available in Scottish football, no wonder the covid kid legged it

Can't ever remember the time when we had so many options available and who is the better choice in the strongest available 11.
Only have to look at the current josip or ralston as RB, both remain at 1st and 2nd choice as the best available in Scottish football, no wonder the covid kid legged it
Definitely feels good John and as delighted as yourself. I'm trying not to get too carried away but excitement and belief is certainly building. What a contrast to this time last year.

when he said we were done in the transfer window the other day i took it this fella was just another rumour ,thought we'd be clearing out the deadwood rather than making additions
Many different ways we could have went about the rebuild as such Kelly, and looks like Ange is going to complete the 1st team squad and so therefore setting the standards he is looking for to be required.
Not easy to move players on, while sitting on contracts possibly far higher than anyone else would be prepared to pay them.
So maybe the discreet message has already been sent to many that they won't be featuring in any future plans, so hopefully a few now will rather move on to try and salvage what career they may have left in them still

One of the things I've noticed since Ange came in is the team appear a lot tougher, especially Rogic. At 6'2" Matt Sean O Riley should be quite the weapon. But how is a lad with that name eligible to play for Tanland, Denmark and Norway but not Ireland :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back