transfer window

its the only reason I can think as to why no real transfer activity was pursued, political risks and hyper inflated market prices both for top players but even mediocre players.
There has been no hyper inflated fees for anyone we have been linked with.
Even the gruesome twosome from the shaggers and the diets had thier do business fee.
We didnt want to pay it.
Rangers didn't.
They wanted a championship bid.
Same ilk for turnbull.

*added note. Is 4m out of the question now for a 20goal striker even if they are from a spl team

Champs leauge money says no.
I'm 100% in that camp now, have been for years..

I gave up my fancy names pish when Robson and Hartley came in and ran the fucking show for us

IF and only IF our scouring scouting had been on point.
Mibi tracked form players ready for a step up and actually moved for them we would of had ambitious players, hungry and ready to make an impact.

We didnt tap up. Didnt get these things sorted.
Or BR rejected most of them

Who knows.
I've always felt Rodgers doesn't have that eye. Pretty much the mindset of a player in a certain league is trash. A shithouse player in a better leauge is ok.
He is not a transfer market guru. No way. His butter is taking a risk at 5m. In his ideal place.
He has never been a gem finder. Because he disregards value at a snobbish level.
It just doesn't interest him as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Make my judgement when I see them on the pitch, seen to many next best things who turned out to be firing blanks yet some who were supposed to rubbish like the lads from China,Japan ect media rubbishing players for no reason in the last 76 years is tought me anything is to wait and see then wonder why

For those hoping for a goalie, the Belgian International keeper Mat Sels has just gone from Strasburg to Notts Forrest for a fee rising up to £5m. He is just 26 and was on £17K/week, just £2K more than Siegrist is costing us.

Now I still think Hart can do a job for us but he is on the decline so this player may have been a suitable buy.

There are good players available within our budget if you go looking for them. But we didn't appear to do much looking so everyone that matters must be satisfied with our squad.

We needed a left back in the summer, to not have signed one by February, and with our only one out injured, is beyond gross negligence.
Net spend £0, significant wage bill reduction. Mission accomplished for the bean counters.
Hopefully Desmond sells his shares sooner rather than later as that’s the only reason I can think we are fattening the balance sheet.

If things stay as they currently are then this transfer window is a contender for the worst in the last 20 years imo (aye worse than the Willo Flood one before anybody reminds me :LOL: ). When you consider that not only is the league title at stake but also a potential £50m+ CL pot then more than at any time in the last 20 years THIS was THE moment to speculate to accumulate!

No insane spending just push the boat out a little for 2/3 higher quality first team signings in the right areas and we could've made sure both the title and the CL prize money was in the bag. The rewards far outweighed the risk! This window doesn't even make good business sense never mind footballing sense!

Thank God, the waiting and hopeful anticipation is over. It was an absolute shambles of a window. At least there was a a partial clear out of the squad. That however will not win you a league title. But for me, the most important piece of business, was 'Sevcos' non signing of Shankland. Says a lot about what I think of ours, and those tasked with the job. Deflated.

Last edited:
I'm just glad it's over... hopefully now everyone can settle down and get on with the task in hand...we have plenty cover all over the field to take this league..I mean it's not like we have to play a centre forward at centre half like we've had to before...I had a look at the Hun reaction to the window and they are probably more upset than us believe it or not!

It's time to get on with winning

Here is the biggest conspiracy of them alll...
The Rangers post a thunder fuck of a loss.
We shave by with profit.
They know and we know it's an utter disaster coming thier way.

PL has to have had this in mind. Wtf else has caused this?

Again conspiracy.

As I said before. War...peace...just look at where the profits are and who surges what

Here is the biggest conspiracy of them alll...
The Rangers post a thunder fuck of a loss.
We shave by with profit.
They know and we know it's an utter disaster coming thier way.

PL has to have had this in mind. Wtf else has caused this?

Again conspiracy.

As I said before. War...peace...just look at where the profits are and who surges what
Pl has literally covered his arse for the headline of us posting profit...them 24m in the hole

We came out of the summer window significantly weaker than we were last season. We’ve now came out of this window, at best, with no improvement. Our arrogant and complacent custodians are banking on them taking a dip in form to see us over the line. They may get away with it given they’ve had as poor a window as us.

Last edited:
Taylor gets injured - we have 2 weeks to bring in an LB seeing as Bernabei has been declared a disaster. Nothing.

Hatate gets injured - possibly out for months again. We still sell Turnbull.

I have more chance of playing for Celtic than Siegrist and McCarthy. They both have loan deals set up and we pull the plug on both deals.

Lagerbielke gets humiliated and then told to feck off to another club where he is wanted. Then we stop it (I think he is worth persevering with, despite his obvious lack of speed) and make him return.

I'm just glad it's over... hopefully now everyone can settle down and get on with the task in hand...we have plenty cover all over the field to take this league..I mean it's not like we have to play a centre forward at centre half like we've had to before...I had a look at the Hun reaction to the window and they are probably more upset than us believe it or not!

It's time to get on with winning

I'm glad it's over as well as we can now stop torturing ourselves but we've really missed a trick big time with how we've handled this window! We look to have a few long term injuries to 3 key players and there are positions in the team that needed addressed long before now. We could've and should've done better business than we have.

Members online

Latest posts

Back