transfer window

Yet more bad news in the transfer rumours for Celtic fans. It seems as though Rangers duo John Lundstram and Borna Barisic have both agreed contracts to join Turkish club Trabzonspor next season. Lungestram with a three-year deal and the Croatian left-back given two years with the option of an additional year. We will miss them.

These are some players I would like to buy and should be realistic targets …Vangelis Pavlidis forward and having great season in Holland ..patrick pentz keeper for brondby and having a great season (on loan from leverkusen)…Stephen Kingsley as a challenge for Greg Taylor it might be a surprise but I’ve always liked him….Ben Sheaf midfielder from Coventry and Brandon Mechele the centre half for club Brugge (club Brugge are having a great season and I used to buy him on football manager and he was class 😂) obv I would like a forward from inter Milan and midfielder from Man City and defender from leverkusen and keeper from Real Madrid but that won’t happen
You'll bankrupt us tommy🤣

Yet more bad news in the transfer rumours for Celtic fans. It seems as though Rangers duo John Lundstram and Borna Barisic have both agreed contracts to join Turkish club Trabzonspor next season. Lungestram with a three-year deal and the Croatian left-back given two years with the option of an additional year. We will miss them.
Ya hunny fan boy tut tut tit
I’ze only jokin 😉

HH😂

Reports this morning that the transfer fee for Adam Idah will be around £5m. I think he has done well enough in his limited gametime to justify paying that if the manager wants him.
7 goals in 11 league appearances, 4 starts, is more than decent and he offers something completely different from Kyogo.

Reports this morning that the transfer fee for Adam Idah will be around £5m. I think he has done well enough in his limited gametime to justify paying that if the manager wants him.
7 goals in 11 league appearances, 4 starts, is more than decent and he offers something completely different from Kyogo.
If Idah is only going for £5m then it is a no-brainer. I would still get Miovski as well, as I believe we need 3 strikers capable of starting, plus developing a youngster as well. This gives us the option to switch up tactics to play 2 strikers at the same time with options off of the bench. It also covers periods of injury, suspensions, recovery from internationals on the other side of the (flat?) planet and loss of form. We really need this cover as we will hopefully have even more high intensity matches next season. If we don't even try for Miovski then someone else who is a proven goalscorer - I'm fed up being linked with players who have 12 goals in 86 appearances (not that we even get them either).

I see that the Star has an article suggesting that Rodgers will face a dilemma with what to do with Bosun Lawal for next season. Should we give him a chance or cash-in on him. I don't really see this as a dilemma at all. We have to keep him and give him a chance at Celtic Park. Apparently he has been fantastic while at Fleetwood on loan since he swapped to the midfield role.

Although it is "only" at English League One level, I think that won't matter too much at all. CalMac and O'Riley have done well for us since stepping up from that level. To my way of thinking, he has been highly thought of all through the youth system, he is a physical presence who gives us the option to add a bit of steel into our midfield, which I think we need more of. Plus he is already a Celtic player so is very much a cheap option for us as well, so he is worth the punt.

He might make it and become our next Wanyama, or he might struggle and become our next Evander Sno. But surely it is a free hit for us to give him a chance to shine at least.

I see that the Star has an article suggesting that Rodgers will face a dilemma with what to do with Bosun Lawal for next season. Should we give him a chance or cash-in on him. I don't really see this as a dilemma at all. We have to keep him and give him a chance at Celtic Park. Apparently he has been fantastic while at Fleetwood on loan since he swapped to the midfield role.

Although it is "only" at English League One level, I think that won't matter too much at all. CalMac and O'Riley have done well for us since stepping up from that level. To my way of thinking, he has been highly thought of all through the youth system, he is a physical presence who gives us the option to add a bit of steel into our midfield, which I think we need more of. Plus he is already a Celtic player so is very much a cheap option for us as well, so he is worth the punt.

He might make it and become our next Wanyama, or he might struggle and become our next Evander Sno. But surely it is a free hit for us to give him a chance to shine at least.
He’s got to be given a chance he’s a raw talent and he’s a big unit as you say the next victor a ball winning one.
If he’s Sno let him go

HH🍀

He'll be given a chance during pre season and will go on US tour with the squad. It's then up to him. As he's now been with us for 3 seasons under the age of 21 then he qualifies as an academy player for UEFA squad.

Celtic eye Kelly as Rodgers puts Fir Park keeper on hit-list of summer transfer targets

By EXCLUSIVE BY STEPHEN MCGOWAN

Celtic have placed Motherwell goalkeeper Liam Kelly — who started his career at Rangers — on a list of summer transfer targets.

Former England No1 Joe Hart will retire from professional football after the Scottish Cup final, while Swiss keeper Benjamin Siegrist is also likely to leave in search of first-team football.

Out of contract this summer, Scotland international Kelly is in the frame to win a place in Steve Clarke’s squad for Euro 2024.

Well known to Celtic and former Scotland goalkeeper coach Stevie Woods, the 28-year-old comes without a fee and would bolster the number of homegrown players available for Europe.

Kelly made his Scotland senior debut in a friendly defeat to France in October. Starting his career with Rangers, he moved on to play for Livingston and QPR.

With interest from down south, a return to English football has not been ruled out if Brendan Rodgers looks elsewhere.

Liam Kelly, who has been a regular in Scotland squads of late, is out of contract in the summer

Celtic, meanwhile, have hired former South American talent spotter Mark Cooper in a revamp of the club’s scouting set-up.

Head of player recruitment Mark Lawwell, son of Celtic chairman Peter, and chief scout Joe Dudgeon left the Parkhead club to ‘pursue new challenges’ in a clear-out of the recruitment department in March.

Previously based in South America, Cooper went on to work in MLS, but the Scot has now been lured back to Glasgow in a full-time role. Highly rated by manager Rodgers, Cooper has been set the task of improving the standard of first-team recruitment.

Targeting players aged between 19 and 23, with international experience and fitting certain financial criteria, Celtic’s hit rate came under scrutiny after a number of the club’s summer signings failed to hit the ground running at first-team level.

Of the dozen new captures brought in over the last two transfer windows, Nicolas Kuhn was the only starter in Saturday’s 3-0 win over Hearts.

Expected to strengthen in a number of key positions this summer, goalkeeper, the left side of defence, midfield and attack are priority areas and Cooper has already set to work on drawing up a list of players likely to make an impact.

As part of the backroom restructure, Celtic recently confirmed former B team coach Darren O’Dea as Professional Player Pathway Manager with the task of developing the progress of young players at Lennoxtown.

Celtic eye Kelly as Rodgers puts Fir Park keeper on hit-list of summer transfer targets

By EXCLUSIVE BY STEPHEN MCGOWAN

Celtic have placed Motherwell goalkeeper Liam Kelly — who started his career at Rangers — on a list of summer transfer targets.

Former England No1 Joe Hart will retire from professional football after the Scottish Cup final, while Swiss keeper Benjamin Siegrist is also likely to leave in search of first-team football.

Out of contract this summer, Scotland international Kelly is in the frame to win a place in Steve Clarke’s squad for Euro 2024.

Well known to Celtic and former Scotland goalkeeper coach Stevie Woods, the 28-year-old comes without a fee and would bolster the number of homegrown players available for Europe.

Kelly made his Scotland senior debut in a friendly defeat to France in October. Starting his career with Rangers, he moved on to play for Livingston and QPR.

With interest from down south, a return to English football has not been ruled out if Brendan Rodgers looks elsewhere.

Liam Kelly, who has been a regular in Scotland squads of late, is out of contract in the summer

Celtic, meanwhile, have hired former South American talent spotter Mark Cooper in a revamp of the club’s scouting set-up.

Head of player recruitment Mark Lawwell, son of Celtic chairman Peter, and chief scout Joe Dudgeon left the Parkhead club to ‘pursue new challenges’ in a clear-out of the recruitment department in March.

Previously based in South America, Cooper went on to work in MLS, but the Scot has now been lured back to Glasgow in a full-time role. Highly rated by manager Rodgers, Cooper has been set the task of improving the standard of first-team recruitment.

Targeting players aged between 19 and 23, with international experience and fitting certain financial criteria, Celtic’s hit rate came under scrutiny after a number of the club’s summer signings failed to hit the ground running at first-team level.

Of the dozen new captures brought in over the last two transfer windows, Nicolas Kuhn was the only starter in Saturday’s 3-0 win over Hearts.

Expected to strengthen in a number of key positions this summer, goalkeeper, the left side of defence, midfield and attack are priority areas and Cooper has already set to work on drawing up a list of players likely to make an impact.

As part of the backroom restructure, Celtic recently confirmed former B team coach Darren O’Dea as Professional Player Pathway Manager with the task of developing the progress of young players at Lennoxtown.
What's interesting the most about this is the hiring of new South American talent spotter Mark Cooper in a revamp to the department.
It's good to see it being dealt with pretty swiftly , 19-23 yr old with international experience search criteria seems like tbe similar model anyway so not sure how much of a revamp in models to expect or more of a streamline change of staff, the former hopefully and the guys coming from the MLS, maybe we can pick up some talent from stateside instead of losing our talent to them, Giakoumakis, Abada etc..

I'm not in a position to judge the keeper Liam Kelly as worthy of Celtic no1 or not yet cos I've not seen enough of him, I know he's got himself a Scotland cap and that's about it, but I think with Hart and Seigrist leaving we will want perhaps 2 keepers, want and get are two different things. Bain extended his contract last year I think , it's a big signing we have to get right this time no more wasted transfers like Barkas, he didn't have the personality a Celtic goalie needs ,a strong psyche and belief in themselves because you have to be a bit of a nutter to be a goalie, to be Celtic goalie? That's adding pressure .

I’m glad both players have signed new contracts at the club. But I thought I saw a headline that said that Montgomery will be released. Glad the media were wrong….again.👍

I’m glad both players have signed new contracts at the club. But I thought I saw a headline that said that Montgomery will be released. Glad the media were wrong….again.👍
Montgomery is very highly thought of at the club. It was such a shame his loan was cut short by a bad injury. Let's hope that he fully recovers and reaches his potential.

Back