transfer window

There's something very off and confusing about this window.

This wasn't complicated, particularly for men on the board who know markets and gains and losses and were well aware of the CL reshuffle that upped the stakes:

Straight forward risk/reward market-play emerged - spend circa £10 million to win a guaranteed £60 million.

A 1:6, R:R

% chance of loss, probably 20%, but a loss that could be easily absorbed and offset by sales (in fact, £2 mill for Eddie T started the offset...)

Near as dammit a sure thing as they'd ever get in football. And particularly attractive/vital if the co-efficient cuts the automatic place season after next.

Somebody up there didn't fancy it.

And somebody's not saying why.

And that doesn't make sense at all.

In fact, it's completely against their nature not to take that trade.

Bizarre.

Only conclusion I can pitch right now is that there's major upheaval coming behind the scenes and reserves of cash are required.

:unsure:

There has been no hyper inflated fees for anyone we have been linked with.
Even the gruesome twosome from the shaggers and the diets had thier do business fee.
We didnt want to pay it.
Rangers didn't.
They wanted a championship bid.
Same ilk for turnbull.

*added note. Is 4m out of the question now for a 20goal striker even if they are from a spl team

Champs leauge money says no.
I'm 100% in that camp now, have been for years..

I gave up my fancy names pish when Robson and Hartley came in and ran the fucking show for us

IF and only IF our scouring scouting had been on point.
Mibi tracked form players ready for a step up and actually moved for them we would of had ambitious players, hungry and ready to make an impact.

We didnt tap up. Didnt get these things sorted.
Or BR rejected most of them

Who knows.
I've always felt Rodgers doesn't have that eye. Pretty much the mindset of a player in a certain league is trash. A shithouse player in a better leauge is ok.
He is not a transfer market guru. No way. His butter is taking a risk at 5m. In his ideal place.
He has never been a gem finder. Because he disregards value at a snobbish level.
It just doesn't interest him as far as I can tell.
If i had my way id buy from our market. But I have no idea if the players want to come here and be bit part?

there are plenty of decent Scottish league players playing regularly. But are they improving our team? And if not are they gonna get a chance? And if they get a chance but play badly in our system will they be oviously a shite buy. Shoulda known he was crap.

I would bid on Scottish league first team players but im no sure they actually are better than what we already have. Turnbull was outstanding for most part at Motherwell. A bit erratic formwise with us but i suspect he would be nailed on first team starter for any other premier side.

Do 4m signings today have pedigree to step up to plate regularly in Celtic side?

Im no even sure 20m signings have the gumption these days to handle the pressure without bit of gambe.

Big step up in pressure without the big step up in wages that pressure is expecting to get paid in a UK side

Lets say there was a player with identical talent as Lqrsson in his 50+ goal season.

How much would he cost?
How much would he be expecting as wage in this hyperinflated market?

I have no idea?

But i suspect it will be much more than 25M to acquire him and I suspect he might be requiring 10M+ per year wages.

thats hyper inflation and i suspect he would earn much more than 10M per year and cost much more than 25M

And tbh unless he is similar grade to Larsson levels he will always be looked upon as not quite required standard.

Now multiply that cross a number of positions and youll find even if we could afford similar players to best team larsson played in with us that even with those grades of players we will struggle to make dent in europe regularly since even those superior players didnt do europe that brilliantly every season.

This wasn't complicated, particularly for men on the board who know markets and gains and losses and were well aware of the CL reshuffle that upped the stakes:

Straight forward risk/reward market-play emerged - spend circa £10 million to win a guaranteed £60 million.

% chance of loss, probably 20%, but a loss that could be easily absorbed and offset by sales (in fact, £2 mill for Eddie T started the offset...)

Near as dammit a sure thing as they'd ever get in football. And particularly attractive/vital if the co-efficient cuts the automatic place season after next.

Bizarre.

Only conclusion I can pitch right now is that there's major upheaval coming behind the scenes and reserves of cash are required.

Living in Oz I'm a bit out the loop, are you suggesting we could be in trouble over the CELTIC BOYS CLUB?
Like others on here I just don't understand why we are not getting 3 or 4 better player in as Rogers requested, not just for Europe but to match what the huns (even if they are loans) are doing to win the league with that large windfall of cash it will bring next season.

Bizarre.

I'm of the same view. There's something going on we don't know about yet, and quite possibly never will.

It's simply nonsensical from a business perspective alone, not to have strengthened to maximise the obvious lucrative returns that are at play here. I don't think this is solely a case of rolling the dice, or penny pinching as is the popular thinking.

The reality to me is if we win this league and the lucrative Champions League return that comes with it, the Huns will be in our shadow for the long term foreseeable future. There's no question in my mind that this would very likely be the case.

Is that the big fear of our custodians, that they become irrelevant, with the obvious fiscal downside that they believe would likely ensue as a result? Or is there more to it that hasn't risen its head? Do we need to maintain substantial funds in the event of potential risk averse issues that could be looming on the horizon? Is that a consideration? Questions none of us can answer with any degree of certainty which only adds to our frustrations.

Whatever is at play, I agree with Sandman. Something is off here.

It is very apparent, our Support is angry at our lack of investment in the team, when the massive benefits of such an investment is plainly obvious to all and sundry. Especially when the funds are there to do so. I fully understand our angst and frustrations here, I share them.

Most of us I believe are genuine in our concerns for our Club and are venting our views openly on here.

With that in mind, I urge us all to be wide awake and guarded against those who will endeavour to exploit this current disconnect at every given opportunity, at times in a subtle manner, for their own devious reasons.

Repeated negativity, however subtly disguised, encourages conflict and failure. I've little doubt that is what we are going to witness from some, more and more, as things progress...

There has been no hyper inflated fees for anyone we have been linked with.
Even the gruesome twosome from the shaggers and the diets had thier do business fee.
We didnt want to pay it.
Rangers didn't.
They wanted a championship bid.
Same ilk for turnbull.

*added note. Is 4m out of the question now for a 20goal striker even if they are from a spl team

Champs leauge money says no.
I'm 100% in that camp now, have been for years..

I gave up my fancy names pish when Robson and Hartley came in and ran the fucking show for us

IF and only IF our scouring scouting had been on point.
Mibi tracked form players ready for a step up and actually moved for them we would of had ambitious players, hungry and ready to make an impact.

We didnt tap up. Didnt get these things sorted.
Or BR rejected most of them

Who knows.
I've always felt Rodgers doesn't have that eye. Pretty much the mindset of a player in a certain league is trash. A shithouse player in a better leauge is ok.
He is not a transfer market guru. No way. His butter is taking a risk at 5m. In his ideal place.
He has never been a gem finder. Because he disregards value at a snobbish level.
It just doesn't interest him as far as I can tell.
Dembele? Sinclair?

If we are keeping a stash of cash for some potential massive outlay then fair enough, that makes fiscal sense.

But surely someone would sit down with our manager and explain the situation so he waa aware of it. Seeing as he is the very public face of the club who has to provide answers during regular media interviews.

On so many occassions when responded to queries about recruitment he was insistent that we needed to get in 4 first team ready players. He should have been made aware that this definitely would not ben happening and to cease raiding the expectations of the fanbase.

I aldo don't believe he would have returned and/or make such outlandish repeated claims about strengthening to make a real attempt at progress in Europe. I think he was lied to to bring him back onboard, or set-up to fail.

Whatever the truth, there is domething very strange and amateurish about the whole situation. Personally I feel very pissed off and fed up about it. But it is now done so back to supporting the team.

A remarkable lack of investment by our club. I know I was against pressing the panic button but that was for last minute buys. I was hoping there might have been someone that our so called recruitment team had scouted possibly under the radar of all of us. Nothing.
It smacks of we've got your money and we're keeping it.
It makes no sense at all. Not when missing out on the fortune we could miss out on in the new format CL next season is at stake. Madness.

You have to wonder why Rodgers came back.
No option to bring your own coaching team, no recruitment department to work with and the club refuses to spend money on decent players yet the board will sell your best players from under you. The board will also release stories to the media to undermine you.
Why would any decent manager want to work under those conditions

Maybe there was a secret phone call that went...
We won't sign Miovski if you don't sign Shankland?
(Throws that conspiracy theory in an runs away.)😆

The head of British army has declared we arent ready for war with Russia and recommends consciption right now.

red flag to me.

On top of that middle east looks like imploding/exploding if peace isnt agreed, doesnt sound like its likely.

Chinese and american naval exercises ongoing in oceans around China

India and Pakistan could flair again with the weird Hindu priority over secular laws.

But the goading for escalation (imo) of western forces against agreed treaties through proxies will either lead to back down of one side to their detriment or escalate.

And escalation looks more likely if UN genoicide rulings are ignored. US havent even sought senate approval I heard over attacks on Yemen.

Disregard for voters
Disregard for judicial rulings
War looks like its coming.

With who?

My guess would be China/russia/iran.

but im a paranoid bloke

Absolute bollocks..

its the only reason I can think as to why no real transfer activity was pursued, political risks and hyper inflated market prices both for top players but even mediocre players.
Another simpler reason could be they are just miserable tight cunts??as is the case most transfer windows??incase you’ve not been peeking into the noise lately some of the troops have been having a mare with health issues relating to themselves and in winter’s case his sister-in-law so noisers have been trying our collective best to keep the vibe ”light”so can we keep the “we’re awe doomed”shit for another day🤷‍♂️👍

Thank fuck that's done with. I feel sorry for Adam idah, an Irish lad who would have dreamed as a child to play for celtic only to eventually sign and be slaughtered by the support.
The sun will rise today as it does every day. I refuse to get annoyed at any of this. Its sport and its not as if we haven't seen it before. Infact someone on here predicted this very scenario before the window opened (can't remember who). Buy one player and then a last minute loan. So why everyone is so shocked is beyond me and why everyone is so annoyed is beyond me. We all know how tory Pete operates, so its more of the same. Rodgers has a track record of buying rubbish so maybe there's your answer to what has transpired.
Personally I'm not really bothered, I'll still support celtic not matter if its Adam idah or Messi. I'm just glad the moaning is over........... for now!

I got Buspass after I got my blue disability badge, a few of my mates hit the Big 60 before me. So we started a group who follow Dumbarton away, we named ourselves the Buspass Ultras.

For the past two season we've averaged 10 away games. This season, we've got to 6 games & we've plans for a further 6 👇

3rd Feb, Stenhousemuir
9th March, East Fife
16th March,The Spartans
6th April, Forfar
20th April, Stranraer
4th May, Peterhead

My participation is depending on Celtic not playing at home on those dates, we're just 4 auld gits oan a day oot tae get fuckinmadwaeit🥃🍺🥃🍷🍸🍹🍻🥂🍾🚬

Celtic v St Johnstone 16th March, giving my tickets too neighbour so he can take his wee Bhoy, my lass goes in for an op on the 14th & will be in for 5 days.
Hope your lass has speedy recovery mate and gets back to good health as soon as 🙏🇻🇦🍀

Yeah no choice but to cheer with what we got now, just irritating that we did not really strengthen as much as needed too. Do we still have enough to win the league? Good chance yes, but just means way more work to do in the Summer so as not to get embarrassed in Europe again as per the norm.
Well we seen what this board did last summer with OUR money😡

Back