transfer window

We should have kept Jenz and added Kobayashi as the back up pair to the main two. Welsh is the one we should have let go. Giakoumakis, other than the 2nd half of his first season when Kyogo was injured, was never going to play as much as he wanted. Oh a better player and long term prospect. Giakoumakis's agent burnt his bridges with Ange so there was no way back for him.
And as it transpired, Ange's agent was doing exactly the same as Giakmakis's agent at the same time, so very hypocritical of him IMO.

Oh might well turn out to be a better player but GG was an excellent goal scorer and settled straight away in the US too, scoring for fun over there.

It just grates a wee bit that Ange so very quickly offloaded a couple of players that I personally think would improve us now because they didn't fit his particular style of play, when he clearly had no intention of staying at Celtic beyond the end of last season.

If we're paying that for a CH then its to be a starter. Maybe rumours of Starfelt leaving once CCV is back fit are try
If that's the case and Starfelt goes then we are back where we started and another centre back will be required as back up.
We seem to have difficulty getting the balance of centre backs in for some reason.

Why would we want rid of Carl,imo he was one of our best players last season.
To me the defence is a separate unit in any team. There is always going to be the 'alpha' male who dominates and controls things. CCV is definately ours. Carl is good but he knows his place.
When CCV is out he struggles to capture that leadership role. its very rare to find a team with 2 dominant leaders in defence. Sometimes the 'keeper' can fill in, but usually he works with the main CB.
Its just one of those things. Imho.

Why would we want rid of Carl,imo he was one of our best players last season.
I guess the rumours of him leaving are increased due to his girlfriend leaving Celtic to play abroad.

I think he is very under-rated by many of our fans. Celtic are unbeaten in over 40 domestic matches that Karl has started alongside Carter-Vickers. Now most of us believe CCV is the dominant player in this partnership, but Starfelt must be pretty good as well.

But yes, he is capable of a brainfart which he has to remove from his game if we are to succeed at a higher level. Because of this, I can understand why some folk think he isn't good enough for us.

I would still love another dominating defensive CB to be bought this summer. Either to challenge Starfelt, or even play in a back 3 (Alastair Johnston can play this role too). This Polish CB looks very promising.

I guess the rumours of him leaving are increased due to his girlfriend leaving Celtic to play abroad.

I think he is very under-rated by many of our fans. Celtic are unbeaten in over 40 domestic matches that Karl has started alongside Carter-Vickers. Now most of us believe CCV is the dominant player in this partnership, but Starfelt must be pretty good as well.

But yes, he is capable of a brainfart which he has to remove from his game if we are to succeed at a higher level. Because of this, I can understand why some folk think he isn't good enough for us.

I would still love another dominating defensive CB to be bought this summer. Either to challenge Starfelt, or even play in a back 3 (Alastair Johnston can play this role too). This Polish CB looks very promising.
Who wouldn't miss Jacynta....😊

Look, we should all be realising by now, every man has his price, an lets be honest, so do we.
When silly money offers come through the door, people will jump at it.
Nothing surprises me anymore.

The upside of that is we have more spending power to find the next one.

Now, wheres the key to that biscuit tin again?

Can we buy out the Viaplay contract?

Over to you DD.

Van derHaart has offered to drive Bassey to London in a golf cart don’t think He is impressed by the ex Sevco players the Daily newsletter sold him as a wonderful player worth every penny don think they will be buying any more from them , think when Kent and the Fatman chose to run down thier contracts it shows what they thought of the club even now the Fatman can’t find a club bit of a come down for players rated at 20mill suppose the new players will go from zero cost to worth millions and the mugs will buy it hook line a sinker

Last edited:
It is being reported that our bid for Nawrocki is based on £2 million upfront and another £2 million next year, with a 15% sell-on fee. That appears to be good business if we can get him for around those figures. OK if he is a success then we give up more of our profit, but if it doesn't work out for us then we don't lose out so much.

The difference between Ange's transfer strategy and BR's couldnt be more stark.
Ange liked to get in early an had his targets pre-window, he got them signed that was it.

I think Brenda likes all the speculation and shenanigans right up till the window closes.
To me if you leave it late you end up paying more.

I prefer, i think we all do, Ange's style.

It is being reported that our bid for Nawrocki is based on £2 million upfront and another £2 million next year, with a 15% sell-on fee. That appears to be good business if we can get him for around those figures. OK if he is a success then we give up more of our profit, but if it doesn't work out for us then we don't lose out so much.
Happening next week according to No.13 on the Huddeboard. I don't know if he's reliable but the last time I ordered a No 13 from my local Chinese take away he got it mixed up with Chicken Foo Yung.🤬

Back