Oh how the indignant worm turns regarding Rodgers

Yes all that of Rodgers, but it's the reality by default of the likes of sky tv that has and is continuing to make our game less.
For now, we just have to accept reality that most coming in through those doors are going to be there for the job, and when it suits them many will be off without a backward glance for a bigger wage.
Not nice and when they are wanted it hurts, but in fair context we cheer when some leave the job.:)

Cursed and slagged and mocked him too in hurt, but the dawn brings reality.
That reality is why I have no problem with short term loans, provided they are good enough.
The game is not the game our Fathers knew, our Grandfathers would only recognize the place and the colours. contracts mean little to most. Makes me sad that Rodgers saw the place, even promoted the place to potential players as a stepping stone, but reality again was he was only effectively repeating if all too frequently about wages on offer elsewhere, what the PLC state we effectively are.
The only consistent is the fans.
Hail Hail Jim well said!!!!

Don't ever let Rodgers to visit Glasgow again.Just kick him out.He insulted the club with the most wicked ways he could ever had.Vanish him away.He offered nothing.The goals we conceded since he became the manager were his fault.Tippy tappy creepy scrappy.We didn't concede because european or scottisch oppositions were good or competive.In any other league he would' ve been sacked in a heartbeat but we showed him mercy and he turned his back on us and walked away.Today he mocked us again at press conference, he is trying to degrade our dignity to fill his ego up.

.To the defence of Lawell it would be difficult to trust our ex manager with money when you look at his signings plus the fact he got offered a move to China so PL’s obviously cautious incase he’s left with more expensive duds.Even with Lenny being a Celtic man he did still leave us without having a job to go to so as much as we’ll always support whoever comes in just always be wary and prepared for them to go at short notice.HH[/QUOTE]

This is probably why PL must have one of the hardest jobs at the club.
Managers come and go with their own ideas and thoughts on players, while PL has to keep the Managers and the fans happy and at the same time continue to run a financially sound Celtic football club

Don't ever let Rodgers to visit Glasgow again.Just kick him out.He insulted the club with the most wicked ways he could ever had.Vanish him away.He offered nothing.The goals we conceded since he became the manager were his fault.Tippy tappy creepy scrappy.We didn't concede because european or scottisch oppositions were good or competive.In any other league he would' ve been sacked in a heartbeat but we showed him mercy and he turned his back on us and walked away.Today he mocked us again at press conference, he is trying to degrade our dignity to fill his ego up.
kinda well said 888/2003 oh and give oko-flex and dembele a start!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:! Hail Hail!

Some great points raised and the inevitable arguments about how it’s all panned out. It is absolutely reasonable to be pissed off at the timing. We all were. Not many I would guess, didn’t have even a little bit of doubt that he might go before 10. Even if the wouldn’t admit it publicly, but I think we all knew it was a possibility.

My own view was, and still is, that his words to players, that if they performed well on the European stage then bigger and better clubs would come in for them. I said the same applies to him and his worth or ability to go from us to a top team was dependent upon us performing better in Europe.

That didn’t happen and so I thought he might go after getting us to qualify for the CL and if thecdefence was fixed put up a good show that would raise his credentials. The worry is, did he accept that would never happen? Because going to Leicester was not in his game plan for his next step. Nobody will ever convince me that team would be anywhere near the top of his list.

Winning umpteen trebles here does not get the kudos because, most outwith here see our league as no better than a pub league. Europe is where you get recognition. That’s unfair, but, it’s the way it is. Us as a team similarly won’t get recognition until we can stop getting our arses handed to us.

The level of hate directed toward him, particularly that Fucking video wishing the IRA killed him is a disgrace and allows all who hate us to try to cast us all in that mound. Well, I’m not in that bastard mould.

Be angry, upset, let down, but there is a level we should not stoop to.

I liked him enormously. That doesn’t mean I couldn’t see flaws, or mention them, or be driven mad by them. Repeating the same mistakes over and over, to me is his cardinal failing.

He has gone, we must move on and embrace the right now. Hope Lenny recognises we will never equip ourselves in Europe until we are defensively stronger. We have to find a new defence after three of our first team picks leave. That is my main concern. Not what happens to Rogers.

Winning a treble treble priority number one. Lawell and the board realising money needs to be spent is crucial. If I have to endure another summer of fuck all I think I will fall over the edge.

They say a woman scorned is a sight to behold, well, some football supporters are way beyond that. It demeans the club and the support when it crosses the line. We are all fucked off, but let’s not compound that by losing our class. How we conduct ourselves reflects upon us all. That’s something all in that video didn’t give a fuck about. That has been harder to take for me than a manager leaving us in the lurch.

We keep saying, quite rightly that we are Celtic, the fans, let’s realise what that means. There’s enough bastards out there who want to tar us with the a negative brush. Let’s not give them ammunition. HH and let’s beat Hibs today and ruin another day for Sevconians everywhere.

Some great points raised and the inevitable arguments about how it’s all panned out. It is absolutely reasonable to be pissed off at the timing. We all were. Not many I would guess, didn’t have even a little bit of doubt that he might go before 10. Even if the wouldn’t admit it publicly, but I think we all knew it was a possibility.

My own view was, and still is, that his words to players, that if they performed well on the European stage then bigger and better clubs would come in for them. I said the same applies to him and his worth or ability to go from us to a top team was dependent upon us performing better in Europe.

That didn’t happen and so I thought he might go after getting us to qualify for the CL and if thecdefence was fixed put up a good show that would raise his credentials. The worry is, did he accept that would never happen? Because going to Leicester was not in his game plan for his next step. Nobody will ever convince me that team would be anywhere near the top of his list.

Winning umpteen trebles here does not get the kudos because, most outwith here see our league as no better than a pub league. Europe is where you get recognition. That’s unfair, but, it’s the way it is. Us as a team similarly won’t get recognition until we can stop getting our arses handed to us.

The level of hate directed toward him, particularly that Fucking video wishing the IRA killed him is a disgrace and allows all who hate us to try to cast us all in that mound. Well, I’m not in that bastard mould.

Be angry, upset, let down, but there is a level we should not stoop to.

I liked him enormously. That doesn’t mean I couldn’t see flaws, or mention them, or be driven mad by them. Repeating the same mistakes over and over, to me is his cardinal failing.

He has gone, we must move on and embrace the right now. Hope Lenny recognises we will never equip ourselves in Europe until we are defensively stronger. We have to find a new defence after three of our first team picks leave. That is my main concern. Not what happens to Rogers.

Winning a treble treble priority number one. Lawell and the board realising money needs to be spent is crucial. If I have to endure another summer of fuck all I think I will fall over the edge.

They say a woman scorned is a sight to behold, well, some football supporters are way beyond that. It demeans the club and the support when it crosses the line. We are all fucked off, but let’s not compound that by losing our class. How we conduct ourselves reflects upon us all. That’s something all in that video didn’t give a fuck about. That has been harder to take for me than a manager leaving us in the lurch.

We keep saying, quite rightly that we are Celtic, the fans, let’s realise what that means. There’s enough bastards out there who want to tar us with the a negative brush. Let’s not give them ammunition. HH and let’s beat Hibs today and ruin another day for Sevconians everywhere.
As this thread began, so it should end - with the original poster making a series of well-constructed, strong valid points.

I apologise for taking the thread off-topic, but I do think it is important to recognise that the immediate future began on Tuesday and that our attention should be focused on the (hopefully) 13 games ahead.

I also apologise for this post, as the comment above should have been regarded as the last word on this subject. No reasonable person can condone the singing of those songs that are clear in their threat and intent; however - the man is not beyond scorn when the situation allows.

Take a bow, Theverdict1, in spite of some of the nonsense inbetween, you have raised a series of topics that made many of us (myself included) consider our perceptions.

As this thread began, so it should end - with the original poster making a series of well-constructed, strong valid points.

I apologise for taking the thread off-topic, but I do think it is important to recognise that the immediate future began on Tuesday and that our attention should be focused on the (hopefully) 13 games ahead.

I also apologise for this post, as the comment above should have been regarded as the last word on this subject. No reasonable person can condone the singing of those songs that are clear in their threat and intent; however - the man is not beyond scorn when the situation allows.

Take a bow, Theverdict1, in spite of some of the nonsense inbetween, you have raised a series of topics that made many of us (myself included) consider our perceptions.

One mans nonsense is another mans raison d’être

Indeed. Who are we to judge?

As always the diplomat SP

One mans nonsense is another mans raison d’être

Indeed. Who are we to judge?

As always the diplomat SP
I wasn't quite so diplomatic last night, Imatim........might have to re-apply for my registration with the Peace Corp.
The more stories that start to come out about this fraud the more i'm beggining to think he sabotaged the dec29th game
I'm fairly paranoid by nature, Kelly. There was something not quite right about that whole thing. I appreciate that players were injured and that there was illness, but the team set-up and how deep we played has now set my wee wheelies whirring.

It may just have been an off-day, but it makes you wonder?

I wasn't quite so diplomatic last night, Imatim........might have to re-apply for my registration with the Peace Corp.
I'm fairly paranoid by nature, Kelly. There was something not quite right about that whole thing. I appreciate that players were injured and that there was illness, but the team set-up and how deep we played has now set my wee wheelies whirring.

It may just have been an off-day, but it makes you wonder?
What is it with Celtic birthdays, yesterday was MON and George Connelly and today Billy McNeill and Damien Duff.
DyZ_HpmX4AAWIKZ.jpg

I have one of many, many, many cousins who didn't know he was born on a particular day in July until he had to get an extract of his birth certificate for his passport. He thought his birthday was in June?
Haha, did you know Doanld Findlay was born on 17th march
Name in Home Country / Full Name: Donald Russell Findlay Date of Birth:Mar 17, 1951Place of Birth:CowdenbeathAge:67Citizenship:Scotland
GOD is aTim with a sense of humour.

Haha, did you know Doanld Findlay was born on 17th march
Name in Home Country / Full Name: Donald Russell Findlay Date of Birth:Mar 17, 1951Place of Birth:CowdenbeathAge:67Citizenship:Scotland
GOD is aTim with a sense of humour.

I'm sure he doesn't celebrate his birthday, I've heard on many occasions over the years from oldco ex players and coaches in various interviews saying he celebrates it on another night.
You would think with all the maniacs over the years he has hepled get away with murder, strange that its his date of birth that keeps him awake at night.

Happy Birthday, Billy McNeill (and to Damien Duff, too!). That pose looks like it would make for a great statue . . .

billymcneill.jpg

Back