Oh how the indignant worm turns regarding Rodgers

Whether someone believed Rodgers was a Celtic fan or was an unquestionable genius!

Is hardly worthy of a hindsight reflection! because sport is an emotional thing, not a science.

Under his management

Celtic 31 – 7 Sevco (might need double checking but around this)

No explanation necessary as to why any sensible and living in real world fan of any club anywhere, would not be generally if not 100% defensive of such a Manager who saw such demolitions of their most detested league opponent!

Think most if asked would buy the same results and titles again today for the next 3 seasons, even knowing in advance a shock was going to come after Celtic win-10-in-a-row

And the reality of that absolute smashing of Sevco - fans would tend to fully support and fully defend who ever that manager was.
I personally never believed he was a Celtic fan prior, for no other reason than never saw any previous images of him at Celtic, or heard him declare such as Celtic fans tend to do, celebrity or not.
I know Damien Duff is and was.

but certainly believed he bought 100% into the job, believed because I saw the results and especially his stats that will for ever state.

Celtic 31 – 7 Sevco

He was like all humanity far from perfect in all things, and he had good circumstances and some fortunes of luck along the way not of his design, like all success stories do.
But he was also dealing in reality, those who believe any Celtic team can currently do well enough to progress far in Europe and not risk the league are hoping against historical statistics that shout otherwise.

Shocked on the day and for half a day after and thought him a rat, and if it were not for our fortune of Lenny coming in, I'd still be sick at the sight of him, but in context, he is now just another manager on the money merry go round elsewhere.
Any human being can be tempted in the right circumstances arise, even die hards will have a weakness, maybe even a genuine genius if such exist and found somewhere might soon have enough after experiencing the comparative lack of investment, the reality of the money and fixture list in the Scottish league 2019, or the apparent low ambitions of the PLC maybe not so easy to excuse or explain away or simply consider life too good to put up with the bile of sevconuts.

Lenny is smart and will be looking to keep the good bits and improve.
Walk on, but I'll not be forgetting times such as these in any hurry, as they don't just belong to any individual at The Celtic Football Club.
We the fans own these more than anyone as we pay for it all.

Last edited:
Whether someone believed Rodgers was a Celtic fan or was an unquestionable genius!

Is hardly worthy of a hindsight reflection! because sport is an emotional thing, not a science.

Under his management

Celtic 31 – 7 Sevco (might need double checking but around this)

No explanation necessary as to why any sensible and living in real world fan of any club anywhere, would not be generally if not 100% defensive of such a Manager who saw such demolitions of their most detested league opponent!

Think most if asked would buy the same results and titles again, even knowing in advance a shock was going to come after Celtic win-10-in-a-row

And the reality of that absolute smashing of Sevco - fans would tend to fully support and fully defend who ever that manager was.
I personally never believed he was a Celtic fan prior, for no other reason than never saw any previous images of him at Celtic, or heard him declare such as Celtic fans tend to do, celebrity or not.
I know Damien Duff is and was.

but certainly believed he bought 100% into the job, believed because I saw the results and especially his stats that will for ever state.

Celtic 31 – 7 Sevco

He was like all humanity far from perfect in all things, and he had good circumstances and some fortunes of luck along the way not of his design, like all success stories do.
But he was also dealing in reality, those who believe any Celtic team can currently do well enough to progress far in Europe and not risk the league are hoping against historical statistics that shout otherwise.

I too was shocked on the day and for half a day after and thought him a rat, and if it were not for our fortune of Lenny coming in, I'd still be sick at the sight of him, but in context, he is now just another manager on the money merry go round elsewhere.

Lenny is smart and will be looking to keep the good bits and improve. Walk on, but I'll not be forgetting times such as these in any hurry, as they don't just belong to any individual at The Celtic Football Club.
We the fans own these more than anyone as we pay for it all.

Yep he brought sucess no doubt, but he also brought in some shite
euro_money_flying_out_from_wallet_md_wm_v2.gif

He has been taking credit for what he has done and I think he really believes what he says. It is the PLAYERS who gave us the memories and the success. He was a very well paid coach and his coaching paid off (for the most part) As is often said, "after the players cross the white line" He even imagines coming back for a final retirement payday. He's been paid and is not welcome back in my opinion.

Jim, I appreciate your fine attempt to restore sanity.

I'll get over my annoyance at Buck, but like the old adage says: "you're only as good as your last game", and we all know how that last game against them ended!

That's not on you, Jim........I'm not quite over the betrayal yet, but if Lenny can provide another two (possibly three) skelpins before the end of the season, then I might even send Brendan some fake-bake for his holidays.

Jim, I appreciate your fine attempt to restore sanity.

I'll get over my annoyance at Buck, but like the old adage says: "you're only as good as your last game", and we all know how that last game against them ended!

That's not on you, Jim........I'm not quite over the betrayal yet, but if Lenny can provide another two (possibly three) skelpins before the end of the season, then I might even send Brendan some fake-bake for his holidays.
Hink he'd prefer a voucher fur HOT mate ?

He has been taking credit for what he has done and I think he really believes what he says. It is the PLAYERS who gave us the memories and the success. He was a very well paid coach and his coaching paid off (no doubt) As is often said, "after the players cross the white line" He even imagines coming back for a final retirement payday. He's been paid and is not welcome back in my opinion.
TBF he gave us magic moments my gripe was the way it ended and thats the sad part. I will still remember the magic moments he gave and the joy when winning and achiements, but i believe it ends right here and we close the chapter and move on. We will hear more stuff but i would rather move on.

TBF he gave us magic moments my gripe was the way it ended and thats the sad part. I will still remember the magic moments he gave and the joy when winning and achiements, but i believe it ends right here and we close the chapter and move on. We will hear more stuff but i would rather move on.
To me he was well paid talent who has moved on. End of story for me.

A believe the game at Tynecastle was a title decider,Rodgers didn’t give it a second thot,if it went tits up and we dropped anything,league was gone(in my humble opinion)huns would have rolled over everyone in the league with ease ,as we have witnessed so far,,that sends a shiver down my spine that would have set us back for years!!that selfish prick deserves fuckall credit strachan,Ronnie,Lennys hard work would have been tarnished,so as far as I’m concerned he goes down as a manager who helped us on our way to ten..nothing more.

Yes all that of Rodgers, but it's the reality by default of the likes of sky tv that has and is continuing to make our game less.
For now, we just have to accept reality that most coming in through those doors are going to be there for the job, and when it suits them many will be off without a backward glance for a bigger wage.
Not nice and when they are wanted it hurts, but in fair context we cheer when some leave the job.:) and some many of us are not even sure they exist.
compensation.JPG

Cursed and slagged and mocked Rodgers too in hurt, but the dawn brings reality.
That reality is why I have no problem with short term loans, provided they are good enough.
The game is not the game our Fathers knew, our Grandfathers would only recognize the place and the colours. contracts mean little to most. Makes me sad that Rodgers saw the place, even promoted the place to potential players as a stepping stone, but reality again was he was only effectively repeating if all too frequently about wages on offer elsewhere, what the PLC state we effectively are.
The only consistent is the fans.

Last edited:
Yes all that of Rodgers, but it's the reality by default of the likes of sky tv that has and is continuing to make our game less.
For now, we just have to accept reality that most coming in through those doors are going to be there for the job, and when it suits them many will be off without a backward glance for a bigger wage.
Not nice and when they are wanted it hurts, but in fair context we cheer when some leave the job.:)

Cursed and slagged and mocked him too in hurt, but the dawn brings reality.
That reality is why I have no problem with short term loans, provided they are good enough.
The game is not the game our Fathers knew, our Grandfathers would only recognize the place and the colours. contracts mean little to most. Makes me sad that Rodgers saw the place, even promoted the place to potential players as a stepping stone, but reality again was he was only effectively repeating if all too frequently about wages on offer elsewhere, what the PLC state we effectively are.
The only consistent is the fans.
10-04-02-heres-looking-you-neil-lennon-737459.jpgNew beginnings

Back