James Scott, Motherwell

#1,,to allow Ryan to have his injury looked at,

#2,,Brendan instructed him to sit down, imho to allow us to get the game stopped, get Ryan seen to, and to get the sub on..
Now what m'well did was unsportsman like conduct and disgusting but it was not cheating
Christie was not waiting to be looked at he was coming off
When Ajer was looking to kick the ball out I was screaming at him to pass the ball forward not kick it out

Motherwell broke an unwritten law ...it's called being a human being...It is about having compassion for an opponent who is injured..and then acknowledging the compassion and being human and being fair..what's the alternative...play on and let the injured player suffer or worse...it's a fucking sport for God's sake...they broke the unwritten law. They will be the worse for it.

your splitting hairs

it was cheating
Splitting hairs?? You're probably right about that. That's because I just didn't see the point in kicking the ball out at that time because we were on the attack. Christie was only a couple of yards from the dugout we could have been getting the sub ready when we had the ball in attack mode

Now what m'well did was unsportsman like conduct and disgusting but it was not cheating
Christie was not waiting to be looked at he was coming off
When Ajer was looking to kick the ball out I was screaming at him to pass the ball forward not kick it out

We were playing with 10 men at that point what would you have been screaming had Kris played it forward and we lost possession allowing Mwell to break and score??

When play got stopped the "Stealmens" manager knew fine well that the Celtic capt had came towards the bench for instructions, he told his young cheat were to run and then insisted he kept going when it looked like he was going to stop,

Cheating imho Jinxy, but I do understand your rational.

H.H

We were playing with 10 men at that point what would you have been screaming had Kris played it forward and we lost possession allowing Mwell to break and score??

When play got stopped the "Stealmens" manager knew fine well that the Celtic capt had came towards the bench for instructions, he told his young cheat were to run and then insisted he kept going when it looked like he was going to stop,

Cheating imho Jinxy, but I do understand your rational.

H.H
Yeah I get the cheating shit (I've only heard about the manager giving instructions I've not seen it) but we were down to men anyway (Christie injured) they let him try to run it off we could have carried on playing while Christie went of and a sub got ready

Splitting hairs?? You're probably right about that. That's because I just didn't see the point in kicking the ball out at that time because we were on the attack. Christie was only a couple of yards from the dugout we could have been getting the sub ready when we had the ball in attack mode
These are two way streets. I would hope that Kris would have done the same thing if an opponent was obviously struggling.

In fact, I'm fairly certain that he would be roundly condemned by the media and other fans if he didn't put the ball out.

Robinson knew the script and the wee boy read the script and played his role perfectly.

Bit of a tragedy for them in the end though!

we were getting the sub ready but in order to get the sub on and get christie attention we sportingly put the ball out

These are two way streets. I would hope that Kris would have done the same thing if an opponent was obviously struggling.

In fact, I'm fairly certain that he would be roundly condemned by the media and other fans if he didn't put the ball out.

Robinson knew the script and the wee boy read the script and played his role perfectly.

I was at the game SP Christie had pulled up when chased down by two well players then came back on after a bit of treatment, he was in the middle when Ayer was breaking and Ayer seen Christie pull up and go down by his own, Ayer put the ball out as he knew Christie needed off or treated, so there was no time to get all the docs required to have a sub ready, Celtic expected the customary return of the ball, there is no need to do this but it is a players code, especially as Well had no advantage when the ball went out and Celtic had gave up their advantage.
The well player who threw the ball motioned to the young guy not to continue his run you see this by him turning back and having a look, someone else must motion him to continue and why else would the guy who puts the ball away also take part.
After the game the thrower of the ball whom I believe may have been the captain of well, was seen explaining I believe to BR, and BR seemed to be content with what he was hearing and put his arm round the captain shaking his hand. I believe the well captain had apologised to BR for the team’s unprofessionalism. Others may see it different but I was at the game and stay as I always do to applaud our players of win lose or draw.

Yeah I get the cheating shit (I've only heard about the manager giving instructions I've not seen it) but we were down to men anyway (Christie injured) they let him try to run it off we could have carried on playing while Christie went of and a sub got ready
Jinxsy Christie was two incidents he first pulled up on the shy line, hendry was called to prepare but Christie came back on, Hendry sat back down. Ayer broke and saw Christie sit down he knew it was a hamstring and put the ball out, Once you change yourr sub details to the fourth official yo uhave to start all over the sub procedure, there was no time then to have a straight swap, motherwell would only be obliged in the spirit of the game to return the ball as is customary between players, you even see it in bounce balls the opposition walk away and give the ball back based on wh had the ball at the time and put it out. Well are under no obligation but it takes a different mindset to run with a ball knowing the reason why you are not been closed down. However it is not cheating, its just distasteful.

Everyone in the stadium new Christie was coming off, we could have taken him of earlier my argument is we could have played on while attacking. Christie walked over to the dugout and sat down 1 yard before the touchline, if we'd carried on attacking we may have /scored/got a corner /throw in so play would have stopped.
How many fans were screaming at Ajer to play on???

Everyone in the stadium new Christie was coming off, we could have taken him of earlier my argument is we could have played on while attacking. Christie walked over to the dugout and sat down 1 yard before the touchline, if we'd carried on attacking we may have /scored/got a corner /throw in so play would have stopped.
Have to admitt i never counted
colorful-1-10-abacus-illustration-260nw-1137427814.jpg

Jinxsy Christie was two incidents he first pulled up on the shy line, hendry was called to prepare but Christie came back on, Hendry sat back down. Ayer broke and saw Christie sit down he knew it was a hamstring and put the ball out, Once you change yourr sub details to the fourth official yo uhave to start all over the sub procedure, there was no time then to have a straight swap, motherwell would only be obliged in the spirit of the game to return the ball as is customary between players, you even see it in bounce balls the opposition walk away and give the ball back based on wh had the ball at the time and put it out. Well are under no obligation but it takes a different mindset to run with a ball knowing the reason why you are not been closed down. However it is not cheating, its just distasteful.
I've stopped arguing about cheating /disgraceful. 2-0 up on the attack players already knew Christie was done We shouldn't need to kick the ball out in that scenario. everyone I was watching it with was screaming at Ajer
Have to admitt i never counted
View attachment 1573
OK, a bit much to say most of the stadium (most of the people I was watching the match with anyway) and I counted all of them 6 out of the 9 did

I've stopped arguing about cheating /disgraceful. 2-0 up on the attack players already knew Christie was done We shouldn't need to kick the ball out in that scenario. everyone I was watching it with was screaming at Ajer
OK, a bit much to say most of the stadium (most of the people I was watching the match with anyway) and I counted all of them 6 out of the 9 did
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Members online

Latest posts

Back