Disgraceful Sectarianism Scenes Live from Ibrox

a piece written about the redefining of the word bigot around 2012

its also not marked I dictionary that its been redefined which is weird since its a very large change in meaning from pre 2012

almost like the actual bigots have peepo in power to galvanise their defence by claiming both are as bad as each other

perhaps it helps to ameliorate the financial cost in civil suit for historical bigoted laws against many races and actual creeds

B"ut you wouldn't know it was changed and the minions of the peepo are promoting the new age false definition as history

:p:p:p:p:p

They definitely have people in power TET as we will witness on Tuesday when the BBC show the Rod Wallace interview about how he was abused at Parkhead by Celtic supporters throwing bananas and darts at him.
I remember Paul Wilson being threatened and treated the same way by the same bigots who are doing everything to deflect their shame once again.. there has never been a BBC programme or any other programme appertaining to what the peepul did or said to black Celtic players,and unless this Celtic board grow a pair,we will have to keep taking it on the chin just like we always have..

HH.

This thread has been an eye-opener. Fortunately, the two lads who were taking virtual swings at one another have given their typing fingers a rest.
I guess neither intended for things to go so far.....but some hot buttons were pushed. I am honest enough to admit that around 15 years ago I too would have been in there with as much passion as the two bhoys. Alas, time and moments of reflection have led me to a place where I am happier to let things go. Hold on to that passion bhoys, advancing age will try to rip it from you, but never let the flames of passion consume you......unless you are with a really hot lass!

your definition of bigotry is the new age version introduced in 2012 funnily enough which does not coincide with its actual roots and historical meaning, almost like there is an agenda to defend anti catholic rhetoric. weird that

so again we see promotion of the historical revisionism based on modern diverting of actual definition

weird that

and weird that you claim your not a bigot but every single comment you make in last few weeks could fit your new definition as espoused by you

my conclusions have foundations based on statements you make and verify

your statements have dodgy foundations but are passed as research by you

and your conclusions dot fit your so called research
Well here's the Oxford dictionary meaning
a person who has very strong, unreasonable beliefs or opinions about race, religion or politics and who will not listen to or accept the opinions of anyone who disagrees
Going by the last line your the bigot

As someone who turned his back on religion many years ago, but who still finds religion a fascinating interesting subject, I can't say it's a great surprise when I see the passion between posters on this thread. Let me be absolutely clear, I don't believe in a supreme being in any shape or form. I'm content in my own belief that when I reach the terminus at the end of life's journey; then my own existence comes to a halt also. I must also stress that my beliefs are mine alone and I've no desire to convert anybody to my way of thinking. Also, I have total respect for people of faith, and by that I mean not just Christian faith, I mean ALL faiths......But please, NO DOGMA.

I would like, if I may, to relay two personal experiences which, at the time, gave me a very good example of both the good and the bad in believers.

The first was way back in the sixties. School leaving time had arrived; I was looking forward to taking my place in the big bad world. Good or bad, exam results were in and we were sitting in class passing the time in ( mostly ) good form. We were interrupted when the parish priest came into our class. He was carrying a bundle of forms. On those forms was printed a promise to the Catholic Church. He wanted us to sign them before leaving school. The purpose of the promise ?... It was a promise that we wouldn't eventually marry a non-Catholic. Only two of us refused to sign. I've never been afraid to speak my mind to authority. So not only did I refuse to sign, I gave him a piece of my teenage mind and told him he'd just insulted my mother.

Am I right to consider that man a bigot ? I think I am.

I have to say I've told this story many times over the years, sometimes to folk who were practising Catholics. I've been called a liar more than once.

The second, ( and very pleasing ) experience, was when I was in Gambia a number of years back. One afternoon for some reason I was out on my own, I think the gaffer was catching up on her beauty sleep or something. I felt a bit peckish and so decided to go to a wee place which had become something of a favourite of ours. It was very quiet, I was the only customer in the place. The owner, Philip, asked me if he could join me for a blether as he always enjoyed our company when we visited. I was happy to have his company too. I think most of you are aware The Gambia is something like 92% Muslim, so, I made the mistake in thinking Philip would be too. But I was wrong; not that it mattered. When I made some reference to his Muslim faith he stopped me to inform me that he was Christian, but it didn't really matter as he would join his Muslim country men and women in celebrating their religious feasts and festivals. They in turn would reciprocate in joining Gambian Christians at such times as Christmas etc. It was what he said next that left a lasting memory....He said it really doesn't matter which faith we practice.....ALL ROADS LEAD TO GOD. Wouldn't it be nice if the priest I referred to in my first story could meet up with Philip ?

If I can quote the late great Dave Allen.....May your God go with you.

Well here's the Oxford dictionary meaning
a person who has very strong, unreasonable beliefs or opinions about race, religion or politics and who will not listen to or accept the opinions of anyone who disagrees
Going by the last line your the bigot
So your opinion is any old rubbish should be accepted

Is that the school I need re-educated at?

I have tried to help offer you some answers to your barbed attempts to attack catholicism on a thread about Bigotry and your conclusion is im a bigot for challenging your poor research your deceitful I no cuffing about it, then decided that christianity is based on a fantasy story about Horus made up in the 1880s by an obscure poet and called it historical fact

And that makes me a igot if I claim your opinion is full of shite

Notice the clarity of the definition of bigotry has been obscured and it would suggest that abhorring the KKK or the nazi brown shirt tactics or the fascist black shirt tactics would in fact under the redefined definition make anyone who abhors hate preachers and lie preachers and bigots are now also bigots for correcting the grievous error of these real bigots

Smudges the reality that new definition

And it allows bigots who promote lies and false doctrine and hatred based on lies to claim they are victims

hahahahaha

And still you promote that vicious vitriolic defence just like the huns call word hun bigotry when its not

Do you think its acceptable to make up load of lies then promote it as true?

I guess you do since you do it.

And anyone who challenges your lies is a bigot

good one thats the same defence sevco are using as wee speak regarding the allegations of their ant popery comments and their blogs that are full of opinions passed as history facts regarding knowledge

if you challenge them as well they call you the bigot

its a sociopathic trick

And it seems its not only acceptable in Scotland but now ok on the Celtic blogs too

Make any old shite up

Say its a fact

then say well its my opinion

when asked how they came to that conclusion you get called a bigot

hahahahahahaha

As someone who turned his back on religion many years ago, but who still finds religion a fascinating interesting subject, I can't say it's a great surprise when I see the passion between posters on this thread. Let me be absolutely clear, I don't believe in a supreme being in any shape or form. I'm content in my own belief that when I reach the terminus at the end of life's journey; then my own existence comes to a halt also. I must also stress that my beliefs are mine alone and I've no desire to convert anybody to my way of thinking. Also, I have total respect for people of faith, and by that I mean not just Christian faith, I mean ALL faiths......But please, NO DOGMA.

I would like, if I may, to relay two personal experiences which, at the time, gave me a very good example of both the good and the bad in believers.

The first was way back in the sixties. School leaving time had arrived; I was looking forward to taking my place in the big bad world. Good or bad, exam results were in and we were sitting in class passing the time in ( mostly ) good form. We were interrupted when the parish priest came into our class. He was carrying a bundle of forms. On those forms was printed a promise to the Catholic Church. He wanted us to sign them before leaving school. The purpose of the promise ?... It was a promise that we wouldn't eventually marry a non-Catholic. Only two of us refused to sign. I've never been afraid to speak my mind to authority. So not only did I refuse to sign, I gave him a piece of my teenage mind and told him he'd just insulted my mother.

Am I right to consider that man a bigot ? I think I am.

I have to say I've told this story many times over the years, sometimes to folk who were practising Catholics. I've been called a liar more than once.

The second, ( and very pleasing ) experience, was when I was in Gambia a number of years back. One afternoon for some reason I was out on my own, I think the gaffer was catching up on her beauty sleep or something. I felt a bit peckish and so decided to go to a wee place which had become something of a favourite of ours. It was very quiet, I was the only customer in the place. The owner, Philip, asked me if he could join me for a blether as he always enjoyed our company when we visited. I was happy to have his company too. I think most of you are aware The Gambia is something like 92% Muslim, so, I made the mistake in thinking Philip would be too. But I was wrong; not that it mattered. When I made some reference to his Muslim faith he stopped me to inform me that he was Christian, but it didn't really matter as he would join his Muslim country men and women in celebrating their religious feasts and festivals. They in turn would reciprocate in joining Gambian Christians at such times as Christmas etc. It was what he said next that left a lasting memory....He said it really doesn't matter which faith we practice.....ALL ROADS LEAD TO GOD. Wouldn't it be nice if the priest I referred to in my first story could meet up with Philip ?

If I can quote the late great Dave Allen.....May your God go with you.

Your choice is personal and it doesnt preach hatred

And its based on personal experience rather than some made up nonsense written in discredited books then passed as factual or worse made up stuff from thin air then used as weapon to hate things that are not factual

The christian dude was actualyl a pantheist if he believed no matter a religion it is the same thing, sounds nice in theory but in reality it has logical problems when it comes to truth

The priest was a bigot in your case

I wonder is there a term for those who abhor punctuation.
you ever noticed wibble is a follow follow favourite?

The weird wee pictures with words are also a favourite.

You would fit in well on that blog

they preach anti catholic hatred and claim they are victims of bigotry

Back