Clarke or Lenny thoughts

There’s obviously been something occurred in the last 24hrs between Rodgers and most probably Lawwell ??personelly a hope to fuck both go,,Brendan’s been guilty of spitting the dummy oot on a couple of occasions this season(and with every right)mainly because of Lawells interfering..the players have done amazing to get us in the position we find ourselves in just now,so let’s get the heads down and finish it off,,,brendan goes into the same bracket as di canio,cadette,Pierre,viduka,,just another mercenary.....the fucker could’ve seen the next two games oot!!instead of 8 in a row he could become the guy that cost us that!!

A guess we have no chance a holding onto Benkovic beyond this season??also kt,calmac??
All of our ‘core’ players are now on long term contract with the exception of the loan players. If BR wants to raid our squad, it’s going to cost him big bucks. Stuart Armstrong left for £7m, and he wasn’t even automatic 1st choice when he left!

All of our ‘core’ players are now on long term contract with the exception of the loan players. If BR wants to raid our squad, it’s going to cost him big bucks. Stuart Armstrong left for £7m, and he wasn’t even automatic 1st choice when he left!
Listen mate that piece a shite lawell wid flog his first born if the price was right??

Yes that is the problem now, for next season we could be having to rebuild hun style,many of our players ,the established ones are now open to offers ,there could be 6/7 players, do you think we will get true market value for these guys, don’t thinks so, if that does happen Rodgers credibility will be shot to pieces,first and foremost get the title won, hh

Listen mate that piece a shite lawell wid flog his first born if the price was right??
Perhaps. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Remember all the talk about how much the Valencia squad was and how good they were? Valencia actually have less income than Celtic and pay wages only £9m more per year. They got their squad by selling their good players for €20m, €30m, €40m+ and then reinvesting those proceeds smartly into players who were even better than the ones they sold. Same transfer philosophy as Celtic, but with an extra zero attached. Well, if BR wants KT, it’ll cost him £30m or he’s not getting him! Pretty sure our scouts and next manager would be able to find a suitable replacement for anyone in the squad - even KT - for far less than £30m!

Choice between Lennon and Clarke. Clarke for me .

As others have said , Lennon is the past , he's had his time . BR was a step up from Lenny , so now that he's gone , we should step down again ? Don't see the reasoning in that .
Clarke has an impressive CV in the EPL . Was hard done by WBA - another team that expects a coach to win the Champions League with overrated/overpaid players .
Has done wonders with average players at Killie .

Unfortunately , as I write this , am hearing that Lennon is in talks at Lennoxtown . No harm to Lenny , but not a good move - for him or us .
The flak he takes is disgraceful and you can bet if he steps in now that it will be double or triple what has gone before .
Lenny does have the pedigree to take over at the moment,been thinking about the lenny Hibs situation?this whole scenario is a bit weird, maybe me looking for something not there,but,he left under a cloud ,do we know why ??????, could it be that things were happening then ,off course the Leicester job was not available, but this could have been in place because BR was ,then looking for a road out??????? Hh

Yes that is the problem now, for next season we could be having to rebuild hun style,many of our players ,the established ones are now open to offers ,there could be 6/7 players, do you think we will get true market value for these guys, don’t thinks so, if that does happen Rodgers credibility will be shot to pieces,first and foremost get the title won, hh
Ray, I don’t totally disagree, but this happens all the time at other clubs. Even if the player wants to leave the selling club still has the right to say no until they get the fee they feel is sufficient. ManU did it with Ronaldo’s transfer to Real Madrid, and Liverpool - under BR no less - did it with Suarez going to Barcelona.

If the board were smart they would have an open discussion with each player and clearly communicate that they’re free to leave - if the price is right - if they don’t want to stay at Celtic. They need to have an exit strategy for players not wanting to stick around so that the club can maximize its value. Not having such plans cost us with Boyata, and it likely cost us with Dembele as well.

Either Lenny,or Clark, others in the frame as far as the express is concerned,Lenny,Mcinnes,Clark,moyes,Micheal O’Neill,allardyce,Chris wilder,he seems to be doing well at Sheffield united, hh

From what I have seen of Clarke (which, to qualify the statement, has only been this season), I think he would be a better option. Kilmarnock as a team seem to play above their abilities -- is this what "punching above their weight" means? -- and a lot of that has to do with coaching.

History aside, I don't know much about Lennon. But I do know that you can't reheat a souffle.

However -- and this is a big however -- I'm more concerned right now with tomorrow night against the Hearts. And winning the rest of the season. And winning the championship this season.

I don't want to be a rumor monger, but some of the Celtic fan pages on Facebook (a cesspool, really) mention Henrik Larsson as a managerial candidate. Has anyone else heard this?

From here till end of the season i would go with Lenny as it would be to much pressure to soon in a short time for Clarke

although 2nd time around sometimes ends in failure i would defo go into battle the last few games with Lenny

From what I have seen of Clarke (which, to qualify the statement, has only been this season), I think he would be a better option. Kilmarnock as a team seem to play above their abilities -- is this what "punching above their weight" means? -- and a lot of that has to do with coaching.

History aside, I don't know much about Lennon. But I do know that you can't reheat a souffle.

However -- and this is a big however -- I'm more concerned right now with tomorrow night against the Hearts. And winning the rest of the season. And winning the championship this season.
He's a great coach mate,only ever heard good things about him from players and managers he's worked under.Mourinho speaks very highly of him aswell .

Back