Clarke or Lenny thoughts

For what it’s worth, I would be happy if the club approached Roberto Martinez. He has a similar possession based approach as BR, so he should be able to make a relatively seamless transition to the current squad. In terms of qualifications, he led Wigan to their first ever FA Cup over Man City, and he also took Belgium to the semifinals of the World Cup.

Question is whether or not he would want to leave Belgium to get back into club management and how much it would cost to pry him loose from Belgium?

And FWIW, I do think he would come to Celtic. His wife is Scottish, so the weather and culture shouldn’t be anything new to him.

For what it’s worth, I would be happy if the club approached Roberto Martinez. He has a similar possession based approach as BR, so he should be able to make a relatively seamless transition to the current squad. In terms of qualifications, he led Wigan to their first ever FA Cup over Man City, and he also took Belgium to the semifinals of the World Cup.

Question is whether or not he would want to leave Belgium to get back into club management and how much it would cost to pry him loose from Belgium?

And FWIW, I do think he would come to Celtic. His wife is Scottish, so the weather and culture shouldn’t be anything new to him.
Could we afford him?

Both would get a really rough ride. SC not been under that pressure before and NL has taken it too long. Its a big ask for either. Don't like saying it but failure would be their end. We are not at the shoo in stage yet. We will certainly be relying on our big characters on the park in the coming weeks. Time to stand up and be counted bhoys. Lead the way Broonie!

Surely we should be aiming higher than S,C.. Many fans appear to now think he is a top class manager because of his record at Killie, [and his stand v huns]. Serious question, what has he achieved? S,C has based his sucess on a defence minded approach and it has worked for him on a very limited budget, but we are a different kettle of fish. I just think the Celtic job would be too big for him.

Watching SKY Shorts the Smug look on Quim Shites face every time he says BR on way to Leicester. I could and would do a brolly up his arse. But saying Neil Lennon till end of Season with Kennedy and Damien Duff as part of backroom team. Thoughts

HH ☘️?

Could we afford him?
That’s a good question. But we won’t know the answer unless we ask the question.

I just hope the club think a little bigger than Lenny or Steve Clarke. They’re both good managers and could guide us to 10IAR (as others have mentioned, there aren’t many managers who could screw that up with our current squad and financial advantage). But can either of them do the business in Europe against better opposition? Lenny has his moment, but was inconsistent. I’ve yet to be convinced he’s the answer to our problems, and he comes with his own baggage as well. Clarke has never been tested on that stage but has performed admirably against us and Rangers while being outspent by an order of magnitude.

Martinez has done it though, and more than once. Can we afford him? Does he want to leave Belgium? Don’t know unless you ask...

That’s a good question. But we won’t know the answer unless we ask the question.

I just hope the club think a little bigger than Lenny or Steve Clarke. They’re both good managers and could guide us to 10IAR (as others have mentioned, there aren’t many managers who could screw that up with our current squad and financial advantage). But can either of them do the business in Europe against better opposition? Lenny has his moment, but was inconsistent. I’ve yet to be convinced he’s the answer to our problems, and he comes with his own baggage as well. Clarke has never been tested on that stage but has performed admirably against us and Rangers while being outspent by an order of magnitude.

Martinez has done it though, and more than once. Can we afford him? Does he want to leave Belgium? Don’t know unless you ask...
What i will say about Clarke is he'll make us hard to beat in Europe against the better footballing sides

What a start to the morning
No doubt, some quarters will be overjoyed with the news that BR is heading south
The timing could have been better, but I suppose Leicester wanted an answer immediately, otherwise they'd move on, football is a business, money talks
Lenny till the end of the season, might galvanise the dressing room, I can only magine what this news has done to the players, but does he want the hassle again, after what him & his family have been through in the past ?
I'm still a bit shocked by the timing & speed of ths whole thing
I wish Brendan all the best as he's done a great job bringing the youngsters through and keeping us top in Scotland
Hopefully, this doesn't upset the run in, till the end of the season
HH

Heres a wild card option . Slavan bilic

He will know the croatian market and the old yugoslave market well also the surrounding markets.

Had good record at Croatia was decent at west ham

And he once said he would walk to Glasgow if either celtic or rangers were interested
Something like this. Instead of looking oot the windae and picking the nearest Tim, how about having a proper recruitment process, looking at coaches from further afield. Maybe a east European club who have punched above their weight in Europe with no budget. That's what we need. Some green sky thinking

Something like this. Instead of looking oot the windae and picking the nearest Tim, how about having a proper recruitment process, looking at coaches from further afield. Maybe a east European club who have punched above their weight in Europe with no budget. That's what we need. Some green sky thinking
The manager of RB Salzburg has been mentioned as a candidate, but I don’t know how serious that is. His record in Europe is sterling though. Fewer resources than us, also dealing with an uncompetitive domestic league... and he’s currently got a R16 tie against Napoli scheduled for March after reaching the semifinals last year.

If he’s the reason we’re appointing Lenny on an interim basis, I would gladly take it!

The manager of RB Salzburg has been mentioned as a candidate, but I don’t know how serious that is. His record in Europe is sterling though. Fewer resources than us, also dealing with an uncompetitive domestic league... and he’s currently got a R16 tie against Napoli scheduled for March after reaching the semifinals last year.

If he’s the reason we’re appointing Lenny on an interim basis, I would gladly take it!
Thats what I'm talking about. It's not all about dosh. Organisation, discipline, consistency , pass to yer own player, etc. There are people out there overerachieving. Nae idea who, before ye ask?

Roberto Martinez sacked with Everton, better sticking with NL.

Recall reading Mulumbu saying SC was unreadable, never knew whether he liked you or your efforts, more dour Scot stereotype than Irish blarney stereotype.

Possible conflict problem would be SC is the polar opposite of BR management style, arms around shoulders huddle type, Lenny is more like that, just no where near as good as BR at taking what is hot air to near peak without going ott.

Logically, the team are gong to buy in quicker to NL , Broony & Forrest love him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back