Celtic v Dundee, Wed 28th Feb, 7.45pm

Yep. You have to wonder about the logic of signing him on a loan deal and putting him in the shop window without a buy option…
We were desperate as we left it so late, in order to try to grab a bargain. We were obviously not convinced by him (no surprise, given his track record) that we were unwilling to even commit to an option to buy that was attractive enough to Norwich who clearly want rid of him.

We were desperate as we left it so late, in order to try to grab a bargain. We were obviously not convinced by him (no surprise, given his track record) that we were unwilling to even commit to an option to buy that was attractive enough to Norwich who clearly want rid of him.

So he contributes to us winning the league and his transfer fee doubles…..what am I missing?…

So he contributes to us winning the league and his transfer fee doubles…..what am I missing?…
You are not missing anything, I'm agreeing with you and summarising why we ended up in this situation.

I am just pointing out the folly of always leaving our transfers until the last few hours (to "grab a bargain") at which point we end up with a poor negotiating stance as we are clearly desperate. Hopefully he makes the difference for us to win the league. But we all know that our board will then refuse to sanction buying him when we could have gotten him for half the asking price before we showcased his talents.

You are not missing anything, I'm agreeing with you and summarising why we ended up in this situation.

I am just pointing out the folly of always leaving our transfers until the last few hours (to "grab a bargain") at which point we end up with a poor negotiating stance as we are clearly desperate. Hopefully he makes the difference for us to win the league. But we all know that our board will then refuse to sanction buying him when we could have gotten him for half the asking price before we showcased his talents.

I’m not disagreeing with your logic paI, I agree with you…..I just don’t understand the logic of how we could be so stupid to agree with a deal like that…..forward thinking it is not…

We saw the real Celtic score 7 goals and hit the woodwork a few times. My Hearts loving Edinburgh born brother in law arrived yesterday. We will watch the match together......I've promised to be a respectable supporter and only cheer when.......... we score ten

Back