Another honest mistake

Although Beaton wasn't as bad as usual, there was this bizarre "mistake". Initially he appeared to ignore a blatant handball 25 yards out in the middle of the pitch. When he eventually gave the free kick we were made to take it a further ten yards plus away from the goal!!!

2022-05-01-22-36-54-951.jpg
Where the foul took place!

2022-05-01-22-36-17-197.jpg
Where we were made to take the free kick from.

Last edited:
Like the SC S/F, it’s the minor decisions that go unnoticed, like the ball that’s played into the front post of Sevco’s box and Bassey fouls one of his team mates with Giokamakis nowhere near any of them. Ref’s decision free kick to the zombies. Anther honest mistake !!

What about the pen on Jota in the first-half when Jota was about to cut inside goldson then tavpen barrels right into him?

Might not have been the most robust challenge, but a foul is a foul whichever way you cut it.
That will be the penalty incident that was then totally ignored by the telly? No repeated views from a number of angles in super-slow motion looking for the slightest of touches to justify a penalty that would have resulted if it happened at the other end. Nope, it was just ignored and swept under the carpet.

Also, when GG went down with a headknock, you could see Beaton looking back at him before turning away and letting OFFC break up the pitch. The challenge from Goldson was the sort that he was penalising our players for all match but he decided this particular challenge was legal this time round for whatever reason.

Last edited:
That will be the penalty incident that was then totally ignored by the telly? No repeated views from a number of angles in super-slow motion looking for the slightest of touches to justify a penalty that would have happened if it happened at the other end. Nope, it was just ignored and swept under the carpet.

Also, when GG went down with a headknock, you could see Beaton looking back at him before turning away and letting OFFC break up the pitch. The challenge from Goldson was the sort that he was penalising our players for all match but he decided this particular challenge was legal this time round for whatever reason.
Watched the Arsenal/West Ham game afterwards and they went into ultra-forensic detail about whether Ramsdale did/didn't make contact with Bowden, or whether it was/wasn't reckless.

It's not whitabootery, but if that happens in our box - then it's a penalty all day long and if it isn't given then it's a season-long trial by media, resulting in the Scottish Parliament having an investigatory panel and inquest.

Not Celtic, but Madhun shares his incompetence around the other clubs too. It is either a free kick on the edge of the box and a red card, or a yellow card and a penalty. Instead, the incompetent fuckwit baffles everyone by initially awarding the foul to Hibs! Then it looks like he is going to give a drop ball then finally gives a free kick to Aberdeen a couple of yards outside the box - with no card for the dangerous very high boot by the Hibee!

Surely it is time that this useless twat hung up his whistle and sash for good? Just in time for his to get a cushy "job for the anti-bhoys" in the VAR booth interfering whenever it suits his agenda/betting slip!

Not Celtic, but Madhun shares his incompetence around the other clubs too. It is either a free kick on the edge of the box and a red card, or a yellow card and a penalty. Instead, the incompetent fuckwit baffles everyone by initially awarding the foul to Hibs! Then it looks like he is going to give a drop ball then finally gives a free kick to Aberdeen a couple of yards outside the box - with no card for the dangerous very high boot by the Hibee!

Surely it is time that this useless twat hung up his whistle and sash for good? Just in time for his to get a cushy "job for the anti-bhoys" in the VAR booth interfering whenever it suits his agenda/betting slip!

i would take a wild guess that the refs have been using var training since december too many things point to this from the february derby game madhun talking to someone , beaton in the derby game giving strange decisions ,,,,not a first but delayed like 30 secs after the foul, then you have madhun at easter road ,,,,somebody has had a word in his ear

could be wrong but these useless knts have changed since december

i would take a wild guess that the refs have been using var training since december too many things point to this from the february derby game madhun talking to someone , beaton in the derby game giving strange decisions ,,,,not a first but delayed like 30 secs after the foul, then you have madhun at easter road ,,,,somebody has had a word in his ear

Faceless men whispering in the ears of the MIB is nothing new.....who told you to give a penalty Mr Collum?...

Madhun was desperately looking for someone to give him a reason to disallow the goal…

I agree entirely, kelly - but I believe that it was more apparent in the cup semi-final when Madhun refused to make any big decisions at all.

I believe that the conversation has been had about overturning wrong decisions and I also believe they are negating that by refusing to make big decisions that could possibly be overturned by VAR.

Although Celtic were pretty poor-to-average in the last two Glasgow derbies, Madhun and Beaton refused to make big decisions which would have benefitted Celtic and influenced the outcome of both matches.

I agree entirely, kelly - but I believe that it was more apparent in the cup semi-final when Madhun refused to make any big decisions at all.

I believe that the conversation has been had about overturning wrong decisions and I also believe they are negating that by refusing to make big decisions that could possibly be overturned by VAR.

Although Celtic were pretty poor-to-average in the last two Glasgow derbies, Madhun and Beaton refused to make big decisions which would have benefitted Celtic and influenced the outcome of both matches.
yep the cup game if you watch it back there's a few decisions which he's delayed in calling and looks more like he's ignoring the call and a few times where he's fkd it up completely and awarded fee kicks yards away from the original incident

wonder who gets the final call on a var incident and what happens if a Ref ignores the call

yep the cup game if you watch it back there's a few decisions which he's delayed in calling and looks more like he's ignoring the call and a few times where he's fkd it up completely and awarded fee kicks yards away from the original incident

wonder who gets the final call on a var incident and what happens if a Ref ignores the call
That's what I'm afraid of, kelly.........brutal assaults are going to go unnoticed and obvious sending offs and penalties are just going to be blatantly ignored.

Let's face it, Celtic were near to pish at Hampden, but how that lot managed to finish the game with more than 9 players defies belief.

One great shout and one decent shout at Parkhead for a penalty........no see, no givey!!!

Expect plenty more next season.

New technology to be used at the 2022 World Cup to assist referees. I can see this being introduced in Scotland around 2050, 20+ years after everyone else. Unfortunately, John Beaton will have programmed the computer!

Back