Well being

That's good news brother (especially for your dad) the more I hear of successful cancer treatments the better & the more relaxed I feel about life in general.
I had spent half of my life trying to stop smoking, I even quit for 10 years.
I had to stop drinking, after several years I thought their must be something I can take, so I tried smoking pot in my mid 50s.
It blow my head off, I was told to mix it with tobacco, & you guessed it I started smoking tobacco again, I spent the next 20yrs trying unsuccessfully to give it up again.
Until those magic 3 words "You got cancer" I can't even smoke pot now.
Despite Radiologist saying I could smoke pot as long as I don't add tobacco.
Ps I tried to upload a photo of my mask to the smaller size on my phone but it kept disappearing, so after my 3rd attempt I decided it was that size or nothing.
I hate new techno ledge except spell check lol
I got so many positive messages from the Bhoys/Ghirls on here it gave me a real lift. YNWA right enough
HH
Currently in the process of cutting back on the fun stuff myself. No big health issues but getting older and had a couple of school friends suffer strokes recently.
It’s true YNWA on the noise mate, especially if you’ve got any spare pot! 😂🙌

Reading your story has lifted my spirits, scotcel. I've got a sister going through pretty much what you've described.

I'm really so happy for you and your loved ones. Going through such anguish absolutely jolts us back to the real world and makes us prioritise the things that matter above all else.

Thanks very much for sharing your remarkable story with us. To yourself and any of you good folk reading this who happen to be in a battle with illness, I wish you all great success on your journey back to good health.

Thanks once again, scotcel.
I know I don't need to tell you how important it is to support your sister Frank.
Each time you see her she will be in different moods, just except how she feels & keep encourage her.
TBH it was only when I sat down & recalled my cancer journey for here, that I have finally put it in my past, any other time I tried to reflect on it I didn't want to go there, but I forced myself to go through it this one time & I feel better for it, especially with all the messages of encouragement from The Noise.
HH

My wee sister in law been sent home to die in Wales, cancer .
The biggest blight on humanity. I'm 100% certain that 99.5/100% of us all on here have either suffered from it or indirectly , family members close friends etc.
She , Sarah is 36 years old a twin.
Not even lived at 36.
At the end of December '23, 2 days before Christmas she was really struggling to walk , next day couldn't walk.
Few blood tests at the hospital ( that she's visited quite a few times for minor ailments and blood tests ) they said hmm something wrong here.
Ya think? She can't fkn walk , so kept her in overnight cos couldn't explain it, scans show she has cancer in her bones , breasts, back , riddled with it.
How can a hospital miss this ?

How? I'm talking Countess of Chester hospital here. Yeah you've all heard a lot of that hospital , the same one Lucy letsby killed all those babies.
36 years old 36 years fkn years old.
Hearts broken 💔
How can that be missed?
I'm heartbroken, so fukn angry, we're all on our knees my emotions are in overdrive I just want to smash the fuk out of someone.
I know life's not fair but 36 hasn't even lived yet.
I'm sorry for venting on here bhoys and ghirls I watched my wee ma suffer for 6 months deteriorated to a bag of bones I still can't talk about it not really .
Sarah was looking forward to family Christmas a week before now she's at home in a hospital bed , sent her home with cocodamol, Co-fukin-codamol 🤬
Good for a hangover or headache, I'm gonna stop , sorry .
Fuk Ukraine fuk palestine fuk Israel, Yemen, what is this biblical times,?
Where a young girl with her life in front of her is ok in December expected to be gone from the face of the planet by the end of the week.
For all the pelters Scotland's NHS takes rightly so very often England and Wales is miles behind we should be grateful for what we havevin Scotland, I'm positive they would NOT have missed this.
Sorry I really apologise for this vent 🙏

The biggest blight on humanity. I'm 100% certain that 99.5/100% of us all on here have either suffered from it or indirectly , family members close friends etc.
Not even lived at 36.
At the end of December '23, 2 days before Christmas she was really struggling to walk , next day couldn't walk.
Few blood tests at the hospital ( that she's visited quite a few times for minor ailments and blood tests ) they said hmm something wrong here.
Ya think? She can't fkn walk , so kept her in overnight cos couldn't explain it, scans show she has cancer in her bones , breasts, back , riddled with it.

How? I'm talking Countess of Chester hospital here. Yeah you've all heard a lot of that hospital , the same one Lucy letsby killed all those babies.
Hearts broken 💔
How can that be missed?
I'm heartbroken, so fukn angry, we're all on our knees my emotions are in overdrive I just want to smash the fuk out of someone.
I'm sorry for venting on here bhoys and ghirls I watched my wee ma suffer for 6 months deteriorated to a bag of bones I still can't talk about it not really .
Sarah was looking forward to family Christmas a week before now she's at home in a hospital bed , sent her home with cocodamol, Co-fukin-codamol 🤬
Where a young girl with her life in front of her is ok in December expected to be gone from the face of the planet by the end of the week.
For all the pelters Scotland's NHS takes rightly so very often England and Wales is miles behind we should be grateful for what we havevin Scotland, I'm positive they would NOT have missed this.
That is bloody awful Winter. Don't feel bad about venting on here - if that helps you just by sharing it or letting off some steam then that is OK. Sadly our hospitals are so under-funded, under-staffed (except at multiple layers of management) and over-worked, so these mistakes will get worse and worse.

It is an absolute bastard of a disease and there is a 1 in 2 chance that we'll get it at some point in the future, so you are sadly right that we all know loved ones who are going through this or have suffered it. I found out this week my cousins's husband has prostate cancer - fortunately he has caught it very early so things look very hopeful. He was ultra-aware because he beat bowel cancer in his early 50s so didn't hang about when he thought something was wrong. As he's lost his Mother and Mother-in-Law (my Aunt) to bowel cancer and he was a success story he was asked to speak to the newspapers, tv and radio to publicise the poop in a pot cancer check that all over 50s in Scotland get sent every 2 years. Please make sure that you get these things checked as early as possible to give yourself the best possible chance.

I hope this thread helps you a wee bit - same to you Scotcel and Mark. I know there are a few other regulars on here going through some medical issues at the moment so sending best wishes to them. I hope all is well. YNWA

Not even lived at 36.

Hearts broken 💔
How can that be missed?
Winter, I have no words after reading about what Sarah is going through, my heart goes out to you and your family You already know that we are all in your corner, stay strong pal, Sarah knows how loved she is and we all send our best to her, and never apologize for letting it out, it's what binds us YNWA

That is bloody awful Winter. Don't feel bad about venting on here - if that helps you just by sharing it or letting off some steam then that is OK. Sadly our hospitals are so under-funded, under-staffed (except at multiple layers of management) and over-worked, so these mistakes will get worse and worse.

It is an absolute bastard of a disease and there is a 1 in 2 chance that we'll get it at some point in the future, so you are sadly right that we all know loved ones who are going through this or have suffered it. I found out this week my cousins's husband has prostate cancer - fortunately he has caught it very early so things look very hopeful. He was ultra-aware because he beat bowel cancer in his early 50s so didn't hang about when he thought something was wrong. As he's lost his Mother and Mother-in-Law (my Aunt) to bowel cancer and he was a success story he was asked to speak to the newspapers, tv and radio to publicise the poop in a pot cancer check that all over 50s in Scotland get sent every 2 years. Please make sure that you get these things checked as early as possible to give yourself the best possible chance.

I hope this thread helps you a wee bit - same to you Scotcel and Mark. I know there are a few other regulars on here going through some medical issues at the moment so sending best wishes to them. I hope all is well. YNWA
This is what separates us from other forums, it's times like these that really do put things in perspective, as you say, best to all going through that terrible disease HH

I know I don't need to tell you how important it is to support your sister Frank.
Each time you see her she will be in different moods, just except how she feels & keep encourage her.
TBH it was only when I sat down & recalled my cancer journey for here, that I have finally put it in my past, any other time I tried to reflect on it I didn't want to go there, but I forced myself to go through it this one time & I feel better for it, especially with all the messages of encouragement from The Noise.
HH
Coming from a family of seven brothers and seven sisters, scotcel, half of them already passed on, I know how precious each and everyone of my siblings are.
That's the reason your post was very much appreciated.

At the present time I have two brothers and a sister battling terminal illnesses.
Two early seventies, one mid sixties.
No matter how often we are faced with such things, it doesn't get any easier.

It's quite a strange, weird even, feeling; at one time my place in the family hierarchy was slap bang in the middle. Seven older than me, and seven younger.

I'm now the eldest. A sobering thought.

Not even lived at 36.

Hearts broken 💔
How can that be missed?
That's horrendous Winter, my heart goes out to her and to the family who'll have to watch her suffer and die. 😭

Coming from a family of seven brothers and seven sisters, scotcel, half of them already passed on, I know how precious each and everyone of my siblings are.
That's the reason your post was very much appreciated.

At the present time I have two brothers and a sister battling terminal illnesses.
Two early seventies, one mid sixties.
No matter how often we are faced with such things, it doesn't get any easier.

It's quite a strange, weird even, feeling; at one time my place in the family hierarchy was slap bang in the middle. Seven older than me, and seven younger.

I'm now the eldest. A sobering thought.
Not the sister I know is it Frank?

Not even lived at 36.

Hearts broken 💔
How can that be missed?
Terrible news mate. It got my sister not long after she turned 60, and I thought that was young.

I too have lost three sister in- laws, all young two aged 35 and one 49 all sisters, their mum lived until she was 91,she could never understand how three of her daughters passed before herself.
She also lost a baby at five months old, goodness knows how she survived the heartbreak.

Not even lived at 36.

Hearts broken 💔
How can that be missed?
That's awful Winter, I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Stay strong for your family but, if required, vent on here. All mates here and we've all suffered at some point. You'll be in my novenas 🙂

Not even lived at 36.

Hearts broken 💔
How can that be missed?
Horrible mate. Don’t apologise for venting here 💚

Not even lived at 36.

Hearts broken 💔
How can that be missed?
That is devastating stuff and a major blow to you man. Heartbreaking when someone so young is lost ....thoughts with you.

Ii didn't mean to let it out here, i just turned to the place of like minded people I'm utterly humbled by all of your support utterly humbled.
I must confess I've not visited this thread as often as I should, that's changing from now.
I turned to the thread because I can't talk about it , the words , I don't want to hear myself say them to anyone.
Huge respect and love to all of you for all of your kindness and support it means so much.
Can't thank you guys enough , I know I'm not alone in this suffering on here and elsewhere, I don't and never have carried hate as its only myself that suffers from hate but seeing what it does to innocent people breaks the heart. I truly Hate this disease and no matter how hard I try I think I know I'll carry that hate of cancer for life.
My thoughts also go out to all you guys suffering also .
YNWA is no slogan its a way of life , a culture even.
Thank you all may god bless you all and all your loved and cared for one's.

Ii didn't mean to let it out here, i just turned to the place of like minded people I'm utterly humbled by all of your support utterly humbled.
I must confess I've not visited this thread as often as I should, that's changing from now.
I turned to the thread because I can't talk about it , the words , I don't want to hear myself say them to anyone.
Huge respect and love to all of you for all of your kindness and support it means so much.
Can't thank you guys enough , I know I'm not alone in this suffering on here and elsewhere, I don't and never have carried hate as its only myself that suffers from hate but seeing what it does to innocent people breaks the heart. I truly Hate this disease and no matter how hard I try I think I know I'll carry that hate of cancer for life.
My thoughts also go out to all you guys suffering also .
YNWA is no slogan its a way of life , a culture even.
Thank you all may god bless you all and all your loved and cared for one's.
No one on here, should ever apologize for letting off steam, especially when it concerns a loved one, life is cruel, and especially so, to those who don't deserve it, haven't lived yet etc, so you go right ahead, in fact, to anyone who is facing challenges, you have our support and respect, nothing comes before family, and in some cases, true friends That emotion, and as stated, 'hatred; for diseases like Cancer, has to be let out, so feel free, as we are all the same HH

Members online

Back