Well Being

Greetings and HH fellow carbon units
Hope everyone is feeling up to par and life is smoothing out for those who are facing challenges health wise, including mental health wise
Well, the last little while has been a whirlwind of tests, blood tests, and more tests, some of which included running on a treadmill
The following is my story of the last 48 hours: So sit back, and if you're sitting comfortably, then I'll begin
Wee flashback of 'Watch with Mother' for the auld noisers ;-)
One of the blood tests showed something 'abnormal' (Please, no comments about being from the 'Shire')
Upshot was I was schedule this morning for the 'delights' of a colonoscopy, probably some, if not many of you have gone through this procedure, and know the 'ins and outs' of it, pardon the pun ;-)
So, the last week has been 'interesting' to say the least, and the 24 hours before, was absolutely unpleasant to say the worst
I picked up the 'Prep' it's a 4 litre bottle with some powder in it, which 1 day, or two prior, you add 4 litres of water, leave in the fridge, and the day before, you drink half at 6 PM, then 6 hours prior to the procedure, you drink the other half, to say it doesn't taste very good, would be an understatement, tasted like pineapple juice, diluted with a sparkling glass of Alka Seltzer infused, angry bumble bees...that part become quite obvious within the first half hour of partaking...you drink half the jug within 90 minutes, I downed it within the first 45 minutes, due to the side effects which soon became obvious
Sorry if you're at your tea, but the burping and tummy squelching (sounded like Daffy Duck was in my stomach)...and he wanted OUT !!!
2 1/2 hours on the 'throne' as 'the world fell out of my arse'...the added bonus was the 'battery acid effect'
Now I thought I could maybe get a bit of shut eye...don't laugh...I'm referring to my eyeballs, so I lie down...alarm set for 1:30 AM, as at 1:45 AM, I get to sample the delicious beverage once more :oops:
So, 'glug glug' once more, finished the lot in half an hour...I wanted it over, and damn the icebergs !!!
Another trip to the bathroom, this time, the entire Universe showed up, and I got into bed gingerly
and thought it's 04:30 AM, so if I'm lucky I'll get an hours rest before the alarm goes off at 05:30 Am...Not so young JEDI, another half hour of shitting for Scotland/North America, I fell back into bed, as the alarm sounded
Kerry dropped me off at the hospital this morning, and came and got me 3 hours later
The IV drugs they give you leave you with no memory of anything, be it Alien abduction, or being imprisoned in the bumhole garden, so a wheelchair out to the car, where my legs weren't working and she helped into and out of the car, stumbling about with rubber band legs is always a great feeling, Kerry and Georgia were instrumental in getting me up the stairs when we got home, the added bonus was no food of any kind fro 36 hours, and nothing to drink except water, Gatorade, which helps replenish the electrolytes and after a 3 hour nap, I'm feeling half normal again
They removed something they found so I'll find out in the next few weeks whether it's nasty or not, in any case it's gone so that's a good thing
Usually they say see you in 3-5 years (apparently) but I will go through the delights of this whole scenario within 3-6 months once again, just to make sure
The nurse when I got there was great, they all were, as was the surgeon, I was asked "How did you enjoy the 4 litre prep jug ?" I replied" Oh, it's what I live for..." A good laugh at the start and thankfully I was out for the whole procedure
The noisers are a special bunch, and I appreciate the warmth, good humour and camaraderie among us
Stay safe you Bhoys & Ghirls in Green, and always, always, look after yourselves, don't put things off, get checked, and listen to your body when it is telling you something is not right
HH & YNWA
YNWA
Fs DILL that must've been quite scary in a chair and feeling weak , great to have your dearest to support you.
And great you're staying positive as ever , get a good rest buddy and you'll be back as good as new in no time HH YNWA 💚🍀

Hope everyone is feeling up to par and life is smoothing out for those who are facing challenges health wise, including mental health wise
Well, the last little while has been a whirlwind of tests, blood tests, and more tests, some of which included running on a treadmill
The following is my story of the last 48 hours: So sit back, and if you're sitting comfortably, then I'll begin
One of the blood tests showed something 'abnormal' (Please, no comments about being from the 'Shire')
Upshot was I was schedule this morning for the 'delights' of a colonoscopy, probably some, if not many of you have gone through this procedure, and know the 'ins and outs' of it, pardon the pun ;-)
So, the last week has been 'interesting' to say the least, and the 24 hours before, was absolutely unpleasant to say the worst
I picked up the 'Prep' it's a 4 litre bottle with some powder in it, which 1 day, or two prior, you add 4 litres of water, leave in the fridge, and the day before, you drink half at 6 PM, then 6 hours prior to the procedure, you drink the other half, to say it doesn't taste very good, would be an understatement, tasted like pineapple juice, diluted with a sparkling glass of Alka Seltzer infused, angry bumble bees...that part become quite obvious within the first half hour of partaking...you drink half the jug within 90 minutes, I downed it within the first 45 minutes, due to the side effects which soon became obvious
Sorry if you're at your tea, but the burping and tummy squelching (sounded like Daffy Duck was in my stomach)...and he wanted OUT !!!
2 1/2 hours on the 'throne' as 'the world fell out of my arse'...the added bonus was the 'battery acid effect'
Now I thought I could maybe get a bit of shut eye...don't laugh...I'm referring to my eyeballs, so I lie down...alarm set for 1:30 AM, as at 1:45 AM, I get to sample the delicious beverage once more :oops:
So, 'glug glug' once more, finished the lot in half an hour...I wanted it over, and damn the icebergs !!!
Another trip to the bathroom, this time, the entire Universe showed up, and I got into bed gingerly
and thought it's 04:30 AM, so if I'm lucky I'll get an hours rest before the alarm goes off at 05:30 Am...Not so young JEDI, another half hour of shitting for Scotland/North America, I fell back into bed, as the alarm sounded
Kerry dropped me off at the hospital this morning, and came and got me 3 hours later
The IV drugs they give you leave you with no memory of anything, be it Alien abduction, or being imprisoned in the bumhole garden, so a wheelchair out to the car, where my legs weren't working and she helped into and out of the car, stumbling about with rubber band legs is always a great feeling, Kerry and Georgia were instrumental in getting me up the stairs when we got home, the added bonus was no food of any kind fro 36 hours, and nothing to drink except water, Gatorade, which helps replenish the electrolytes and after a 3 hour nap, I'm feeling half normal again
They removed something they found so I'll find out in the next few weeks whether it's nasty or not, in any case it's gone so that's a good thing
Usually they say see you in 3-5 years (apparently) but I will go through the delights of this whole scenario within 3-6 months once again, just to make sure
The nurse when I got there was great, they all were, as was the surgeon, I was asked "How did you enjoy the 4 litre prep jug ?" I replied" Oh, it's what I live for..." A good laugh at the start and thankfully I was out for the whole procedure
The noisers are a special bunch, and I appreciate the warmth, good humour and camaraderie among us
Stay safe you Bhoys & Ghirls in Green, and always, always, look after yourselves, don't put things off, get checked, and listen to your body when it is telling you something is not right
HH & YNWA
YNWA
Rest well mate and wish you a speedy recovery ☘️

Fs DILL that must've been quite scary in a chair and feeling weak , great to have your dearest to support you.
And great you're staying positive as ever , get a good rest buddy and you'll be back as good as new in no time HH YNWA 💚🍀
Cheers Palomino, there's lots worse off than me, and we deal with whatever comes down the pike.
Yes, the Bhoys have hit a good run of form recently, and according to their practices, they are all on point as the weekend approaches.
Going 3-1 for the Bhoys, in spite of the usual interference by the masons in black
HH

HH & YNWA
YNWA
That sounds like a wonderful experience, D. I hope all goes well. Your fun and positive outlook on life will help you & Kerry get through this difficult time. Sending best wishes to you. YNWA. 💚

HH & YNWA
YNWA
Hope your results are positive Dill. Yeh, I've had that lovely procedure but they happy just to explore up there with the camera whilst talking to me about the lovely holidays they'd had in Scotland (they were all women btw). Lucky for me nothing found.
Another 'Fun' procedure I had this year was a Prostate biopsy. Again 2 women prepping me for. You have your legs up in stirrups and all yer danggly bits hanging down till they come wi a big wide piece of tape an tape them up oot the way to your torso, which is fine, till they rip it aff after. Then comes the other 'fun' part. An ultrasound probe up yer jacksy to 'guide' the big needle to your prostate.
All necessary of course and its for your own good.
A sense of humour is essential during these procedures, which I know you have in abundance.
So HH and fingers crossed you get good results.

As a footnote.. a pal of mine had some prostate trouble and unfortunately had to have some chemo for it. He said to me, I've had mer fingers up ma erse than Allan Carr. 🤣

HH & YNWA
YNWA
Some of what I just read was Sandman like Daffy Duck and Alien only thing missing was the markings Obi wan.
I find like you Dill that humour is the only way
Which sometimes our partners find weird
Never change bud
You take care and that wonderful family you have as support.
And your right this wee mad mental bunch off loons called the noise they get you through the bad times and make you laugh when you need it.
HH Dill YNWA 💚🍀💚

HH & YNWA
YNWA
Not a pleasant experience Dill and I hope you get the right result pal.
You've got tae keep laughing at yourself mate even when you know you want to greet.
Not the modern way but your made of the auld school stuff....keep going mate. HH !!

HH & YNWA
YNWA
Hope you’re on the mend Dill. I don’t think this is what Brendan meant by having fun! But each to their own 💚 take it easy brother 💚

Me this morning: 3:30 woke up thinking where's my wallet, keys etc,did I leave them in the locker at the hospital ?" Phew, they're on the wall unit...goes back to bed. This morning, again me: "I don't remember anything apart from being in the operating room as they out the oxygen mask on me (I had been told I would be out, and would remember nothing by mates who have had the experience) Boy, were they right. Me: I don't remember getting dressed yesterday afterwards..."You didn't two nurses did it for you" I don't remember coming home. "You wanted to walk out but they said 'Wheelchair' I don't remember coming home.."You were out like a light, and as I drove, Georgia was licking your face..." Keriiiist !!! I know how some get hooked on this stuff, not the procedure, but the 'moon juice' they sedate you with. Be well Bhoys & Ghirls, Be kind to each other, ya bams HH

Me this morning: 3:30 woke up thinking where's my wallet, keys etc,did I leave them in the locker at the hospital ?" Phew, they're on the wall unit...goes back to bed. This morning, again me: "I don't remember anything apart from being in the operating room as they out the oxygen mask on me (I had been told I would be out, and would remember nothing by mates who have had the experience) Boy, were they right. Me: I don't remember getting dressed yesterday afterwards..."You didn't two nurses did it for you" I don't remember coming home. "You wanted to walk out but they said 'Wheelchair' I don't remember coming home.."You were out like a light, and as I drove, Georgia was licking your face..." Keriiiist !!! I know how some get hooked on this stuff, not the procedure, but the 'moon juice' they sedate you with. Be well Bhoys & Ghirls, Be kind to each other, ya bams HH
Next you'll be claiming that you don't remember posting those naked photos of yourself on the "We can all use a laugh" thread! It must have been very cold in that hospital reception...

HH & YNWA
YNWA
Awe the best dill,hope all goes well mate,positivity is good medicine!!!!ps hope your ring piece calms down before Saturday’s roller coaster at Parkhead?if not jam a ice cube up it💥👍

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back