Well Being

I know what you're talking about Winter. Wee plastic doodas on the end of my kitchen tap and bathroom taps that gather all the crud. Every time I'm cleaning I give them a good scrub and I'm amazed at what comes out. It doesn't say much about the state of the water in our tanks.
Spoke with my butler he’s saying that the maids clean it.
And have loast two fingers
Where thurs a tap thurs a trap

HH 🚰

I suppose they're there to filter any 'big bits' 😱
I was thinking about it carefully considering all viable options ( 5 minute brainstorming session) and come to the conclusion ( pretending to be a smart arse) that the toilet bowl these days no matter how much its cleaned seems to have limescale every now and then. Something again that has never been the case in this hoose.
The toilet bowls are smaller these days , those eco bogs , they're shit , tiny wee poty style eco bogs, made me wonder if those plastic doodas are some kind of water saver like the bog and maybe that's why they have them 🤔
Or maybe I just need a decent kip and easter booze hasn't properly left my cistern system yet 🥴

Last edited:
I've always believed DILL, when the govt here rolls out something as controversial as this it tends to be a headline grabbing cover for something more important that's going on in the real world that they'd rather we don't focus on.
Like the number of boats just casually landing on British shores, or the number of bent MET coppers about to be charged for some sordid crime , the arms sold to the Saudis at the same time as telly adverts are asking Joe public to fund the aid effort to Yemen.
No doubt we'll soon see and hear what this nonsense is supposed to distract us from
Managing the news is what the fuckers call it

Greetings and HH fellow carbon units
Hope everyone is feeling up to par and life is smoothing out for those who are facing challenges health wise, including mental health wise
Well, the last little while has been a whirlwind of tests, blood tests, and more tests, some of which included running on a treadmill
The following is my story of the last 48 hours: So sit back, and if you're sitting comfortably, then I'll begin
Wee flashback of 'Watch with Mother' for the auld noisers ;-)
One of the blood tests showed something 'abnormal' (Please, no comments about being from the 'Shire')
Upshot was I was schedule this morning for the 'delights' of a colonoscopy, probably some, if not many of you have gone through this procedure, and know the 'ins and outs' of it, pardon the pun ;-)
So, the last week has been 'interesting' to say the least, and the 24 hours before, was absolutely unpleasant to say the worst
I picked up the 'Prep' it's a 4 litre bottle with some powder in it, which 1 day, or two prior, you add 4 litres of water, leave in the fridge, and the day before, you drink half at 6 PM, then 6 hours prior to the procedure, you drink the other half, to say it doesn't taste very good, would be an understatement, tasted like pineapple juice, diluted with a sparkling glass of Alka Seltzer infused, angry bumble bees...that part become quite obvious within the first half hour of partaking...you drink half the jug within 90 minutes, I downed it within the first 45 minutes, due to the side effects which soon became obvious
Sorry if you're at your tea, but the burping and tummy squelching (sounded like Daffy Duck was in my stomach)...and he wanted OUT !!!
2 1/2 hours on the 'throne' as 'the world fell out of my arse'...the added bonus was the 'battery acid effect'
Now I thought I could maybe get a bit of shut eye...don't laugh...I'm referring to my eyeballs, so I lie down...alarm set for 1:30 AM, as at 1:45 AM, I get to sample the delicious beverage once more :oops:
So, 'glug glug' once more, finished the lot in half an hour...I wanted it over, and damn the icebergs !!!
Another trip to the bathroom, this time, the entire Universe showed up, and I got into bed gingerly
and thought it's 04:30 AM, so if I'm lucky I'll get an hours rest before the alarm goes off at 05:30 Am...Not so young JEDI, another half hour of shitting for Scotland/North America, I fell back into bed, as the alarm sounded
Kerry dropped me off at the hospital this morning, and came and got me 3 hours later
The IV drugs they give you leave you with no memory of anything, be it Alien abduction, or being imprisoned in the bumhole garden, so a wheelchair out to the car, where my legs weren't working and she helped into and out of the car, stumbling about with rubber band legs is always a great feeling, Kerry and Georgia were instrumental in getting me up the stairs when we got home, the added bonus was no food of any kind fro 36 hours, and nothing to drink except water, Gatorade, which helps replenish the electrolytes and after a 3 hour nap, I'm feeling half normal again
They removed something they found so I'll find out in the next few weeks whether it's nasty or not, in any case it's gone so that's a good thing
Usually they say see you in 3-5 years (apparently) but I will go through the delights of this whole scenario within 3-6 months once again, just to make sure
The nurse when I got there was great, they all were, as was the surgeon, I was asked "How did you enjoy the 4 litre prep jug ?" I replied" Oh, it's what I live for..." A good laugh at the start and thankfully I was out for the whole procedure
The noisers are a special bunch, and I appreciate the warmth, good humour and camaraderie among us
Stay safe you Bhoys & Ghirls in Green, and always, always, look after yourselves, don't put things off, get checked, and listen to your body when it is telling you something is not right
HH & YNWA
YNWA

Last edited:
Could have been worse

John Clark

5 May 2024 at 23:25

Not to be a boring old fart can I say that I’ve just had a wee re-read of the “Final Progress Report to Creditors” issued by the (now, God bless them) multi-millionaire Administrators of dear old ‘Rangers of the four young men.’
That report is dated 27 September 2012.
In the ‘Definitions’ (of terms used) ” Rangers/the Company/the Club” is defined as ” RFC 2012 plc/the Company/the Club”
There can be no truth in the stupid assertion that the ‘Company’ went bust while the ‘Club’ lived on!
No, the Rangers Football Club of 1872 foundation died.
And Doncaster and the SPFL and SFA are, in my opinion, betrayers of their offices as members of any kind of sports governance body.
There is a cuckoo club in Scottish football, with a false claim to be what it is not and legally cannot be!
A false claim earnestly and assiduously propagated by the BBC and the Scottish print press.
Who would have thunk it, of the BBC?
Ach, there’s history there,of course!
What was that guy’s name? Peter Thomson?
Och aye, we know.

Members online

Latest posts

Back