transfer window

Looks like he has made his decision..

HH
He never had any 'decision' to make. He never said anything which would question his commitment Celtic. Yatao already explained that. It's another example of the extreme lengths propaganda project 'desperation' will go to for the smell of a straw to grasp at.

When CCV was out Starfelt never played with the same other defenders 2 games in a row, he even had a different keeper for one game. give the guy a break but I would like to see some height and strength at the back and midfield.
I understand what you are saying Arkay about Starfelt, members of the noise are only giving their opinion about him as they do about most players if not all players,my opinion has always been, he is not Celtic class and nothing over the last 2 years has made me change my mind about him. I will be very honest with you Arkay and tell you I had the same opinion about Greg Taylor when he arrived but that Bhoy has made me eat my words,I am not saying he is world class but he is certainly better than what I gave him credit for.. I have no doubt I will have an opinion about the Polish Bhoy but that will have to wait until we see how he performs.
I have a wee feeling Arkay we might agree about this Bhoy...

HH

When I was working at Torness power station during the construction there was a inter contractors adhoc football competition and big George played for McAlpines , he was working as a scaffolders mate , Needless to say McAlpines won the competition with George scoring from all over the park 😍.
So claim to fame I played against George Connolly .
Marky was that after he left would be nice to know he was back on his feet ..?

Marky was that after he left would be nice to know he was back on his feet ..?
I worked at Torness from 1980-83 , during this time George had some demons most notably alcohol which he was fighting by staying in the construction camp where no alcohol was permitted, he also tended to work weekends and would be transported from the camp to work and back again thus staying away from the demon .

Brendan Rodgers has revealed Liel Abada wants to STAY at Celtic after a heart-to-heart with the Hoops winger.

The Israel star has been tipped for a Parkhead exit with Turkish giants Fenerbahce topping the long list of clubs watching the highly-rated youngster and he has yet to sign a new contract. But Rodgers has told the 21-year-old he would love to have him on board this season – and he can help fire the attacker’s game to the next level.

The Hoops gaffer said: “We had a nice conversation, a really open conversation, when I came in. He sat in the office and I just wanted to know what his ambitions were and what he wanted to achieve. He is very keen and he really wants to be here to improve. But he also understands there needs to be competition when you are at a top club. That pushes you.

"Overall I like his game when I was watching from afar. I like his runs and he has a real killer instinct in front of goal.

“You don’t get that many goals unless you want to score – which I love. There are other areas we can look at to help him get to another level.”

Rodgers admitted he’s a huge fan of Abada having been watching Celtic from afar when he was in charge of Leicester City. The wide man has been a smash hit at Parkhead following his £3.5m move from Maccabi Petah Tikva in the summer of 2021.

Abada has hit double figure goal returns in his first two seasons, with 15 goals in his initial campaign and another 13 last term. He’s also weighed in with several assists but struggled for starts in the second half of the Treble winning campaign under Ange Postecoglou.

Rodgers can see the raw talent he has on his hands and he reckons the kid – who has looked lively in pre-season – can kick on again. The manager said: “I like him. I like his qualities.

"He wants to run in behind, his goal scoring record is incredible for a winger. That’s what you want – someone who can create and score goals.

“His pressing could be better, he could be more aggressive. But he’s a real threat. I like him as a guy. I always like to get to know the players so I can understand what their motivations and ambitions are.

“He wants to improve. He’s still only 21 with a lot of development left. I like wingers and he’s a very effective one. He’s quite a quiet lad. He’s got a similar mentality to Nir Bitton, who is a lovely big guy, really gentle.

“But he wanted to do well and Liel is the same. He’s likes to communicate so we’ve spoken a number of times. He knows where he can be better and where he can improve. And he will improve.”

Rodgers has spent the last three weeks assessing the Hoops squad but he’s set to ramp up the summer recruitment drive with a triple signing this week. Polish defender Maik Nawrocki will check in from Legia Warsaw on a £4.3m move, while Korean prospects Yang Hyun-jun and Kwon Hyeok-kyu have sealed their switches from Gangwon and IBusan.

Midfielder Odin Thiago Holm arrived during the break and got his first taste of action on Celtic’s tour of Japan. Australian winger Marco Tilio is also on board, but the youngster is a few weeks behind the rest of the squad having arrived carrying an injury from the Socceroos camp in June.

So Slippy G's third signing after Jordan Henderson and Moussa "Le Hunskelper" Dembele is going to be another ex-Tim. Jack Hendry will be signed from Club Brugge!

No sign yet of Slippy copying Souness & Wattie Smith by returning to Ibroke with an enormous sack of cash to suspiciously overpay £millions to help keep his old club from going bust - at least for another few weeks anyway.

Maybe Slippy never received a substantial illegal EBT payment a few weeks before like those two dodgy chatlatans despite them being employed by other clubs at the time?

Given what I'm reading in terms of BR doing a full squad assessment it looks like he has pretty much either had the conversations or is going to with them all about their futures and how he sees it.

It hasn't been widely reported yet but I'm sure I read he has suggested he spoke to Hatate and the player was looking forward to having another year playing here in the CL and the conversation went well.

Reading about the Abada update has given me hope we can still have Reo here as well for at least another year.

With the new signings coming in...the return of CCV and this positive news things are beginning to hopefully fall into place.

Jam you missed the point between the 2 and the 6 in the rankers bid... 😂
No bud this is the actual bid it’s a deal over 260 years his wages are covered by the toilet water concession
With 16 castore pope guards taps as an add on.
Mehmet will supply the taps at much cheapness rates.
He’s currently going through a medical
And learning the Sash

HH 😱😉

Back