Transfer Rumours

MJ needs to weigh his options carefully at this stage of his career. He may fancy his chances down south, but should go no higher than the English Championship as he needs game time. DU could be a good fit, but I think if it was offered a chance at Hibs could be better under Moloney, a modern Manager who had to go through similar injuries and got through it.
It's either that or stay with us, but he needs to to be hitting the back of the net a lot more as we're getting fed up with nearly's.
Think it may have more to do with what plans Ange and the CEO have upon the club going forward brimcbhoy, so Johnson might not have much say in the matter.
Think he was 3rd choice in the left hand winger behind Jota and Forrest and injuries to them gave him his opportunity, which he hasn't fully taken really, and with the lack of football over the past 2 seasons then it's no real surprise really.
Now if Ange has plans to make the squad more flexible with having more options available in team formation then Johnson opportunities become less, especially as Ange likes for us to keep hold of the ball and use it well and intelligently, something Johnstone has hardly been great at with the opportunity he was handed imo

See if MJ learns to compose himself more in and around the Box he's gonny be some player but he needs to realise with guys like Jota kicking about he needs to up his game now he's not got alot of time to do it with us I don't think
Certainly would have helped him if he had managed to get a few goals, and hoped he would for us, but could well be another player how ends up having a very unlucky career even with the potential talent he had.
Could end up becoming another Roberts I fear

And just how devastating that could potentially be with going with him and Kyogo through the middle, with Rogic behind and Jota left and Ralston right, with still plenty of other options available still based on yesterday's formation.
Scottish teams have already been shitting themselves, but I don't think they have seen nothing yet in the way we could be heading going forward
Maeda plays from the left and scores plenty. That would leave Kyogo in his best position through the middle.

Think it may have more to do with what plans Ange and the CEO have upon the club going forward brimcbhoy, so Johnson might not have much say in the matter.
Think he was 3rd choice in the left hand winger behind Jota and Forrest and injuries to them gave him his opportunity, which he hasn't fully taken really, and with the lack of football over the past 2 seasons then it's no real surprise really.
Now if Ange has plans to make the squad more flexible with having more options available in team formation then Johnson opportunities become less, especially as Ange likes for us to keep hold of the ball and use it well and intelligently, something Johnstone has hardly been great at with the opportunity he was handed imo
I'd ship MJ out in the next window. Too wasteful and predictable. He's had enough chances.

I know that our main focus has been upon the potential new players we could be bringing in, but has anyone given any thought about the players we might be prepared to release or loan.
Still a hard call to make with covid the way it is.
I still think Barkas is a better option than Bain as a no 2 keeper imo, yet if we can get a sell for him, would be happy enough to cash in also.
Can't see much of a future for Soro and Boli now either as well as Henderson amongst others.
A few also could benefit from being loaned out also, the likes of Shaw, Murray and Big O, spring to mind.
So could be a very busy January yet
I would loan those players to the likes of St Mirren and St Johnstone

Maeda aint an outright winger like Jota. He tends to run from the inside left as they used to call it. Pace is frightening and seems to glide past tackles. A great asset to commit defenders in teams packing a defence.
Very true Steviebhoy67, but judging on the last couple of games, and more so yesterday, if a change in formation and allowing someone else to potentially ease the workload of kyogo with the high press and someone else to occupy the other CB would scare the bejeesus out of any defence imo with that amount of pace and awareness.
Still say our biggest problem has been not clinical enough in front of goal, so hence remain 2nd in the league instead of actually leading it.
We totally dominate most games and yet still have a pretty poor convertion rate for chances created still.
With how Ange has shown how he likes to play the game, then I think he might be wanting to improve them current stats, which should be very exciting times for us and a big boost in andrex sales for the rest of Scotland

Other players have improved or maybe just returned to the standard they should be at since Ange has come in so he is obviously getting a tune out of them. Sorry to say that Mikey Johnston still seems to be doing the same running into players after yet another cut in from the left. Is he not listening to Ange or is he just not capable.

I remember that years ago, people kept referring to the sheepie Eoin Jess as having potential... they probably still are and he must be about 50. MJ may end up the same.

Other players have improved or maybe just returned to the standard they should be at since Ange has come in so he is obviously getting a tune out of them. Sorry to say that Mikey Johnston still seems to be doing the same running into players after yet another cut in from the left. Is he not listening to Ange or is he just not capable.

I remember that years ago, people kept referring to the sheepie Eoin Jess as having potential... they probably still are and he must be about 50. MJ may end up the same.
But then again ? Too early to give up on the kid Neil. If anyone can get the best from him, Ange can. Let's give the bhoy a bit of encouragement and let things take their course. HH

Haven't the full backs become inside left and right moving into the available spaces inside as in inverted?
That's been Ange preferred style of play to date virgo, but just got a feeling he may be willing to change formation depending upon the oppersition faced.
To give us better opportunity's, especially against the park the bus oppersition would be a huge advantage to us imo, especially as teams have become fairly comfortable with playing against our current set up that has been hampered badly with struggling to get our strongest team out on the park on to many occasions still.

Great news imo WC.
Definitely one of Ange favourite players by the looks of things and a fine footballer in his own right.
Starting to grow within the club, so onto this next step in his development now and starting to make his mark in the really big games instead of the missing in action that many have labelled him atm
He blows hot and cold but still only a young guy.Clearly a talented player though.

He blows hot and cold but still only a young guy.Clearly a talented player though.
Agreed Tony and looking at yesterday's formation gives a potential brilliant rotation option involving Turnbull and Rogic imo.
Could well save upon the current workload upon the 2 of them and able to operate where they can be more devastating and be even more valuable to us going forward imo

Members online

Latest posts

Back