Scottish Champs v European Champs, Tues 6th Sept 2022 at 8pm (BST)

That's the point hoopy m8 our team should be built to take on the best.😼😼
I wish they could be Ally but that is not very realistic. We simply cannot afford to buy ready-made world class players like Madrid so have to shop smart and try to coach players better. Also, we are playing week in week out against a much lower standard of players so simply are not used to competing for 95+ minutes against such a high level of clinical passing and finishing.

If we had taken our chances then we had a chance in getting positive result but we weren't. I wouldn't be too down about it, pal, as there were still a lot of positives to take from the game. HH

Last edited:
Looks like Leipzig might be the weak link in the group! Mind u Huns beat them so they MUST BE PISH!! 🤣🤣🤣 Draw nxt wk, pump Leipzig home & away, Shakthar at home.. 10 pts, qualified! Simple really!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣.. Right Folks mare drinks calling, shd gie it up but Fuk it! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh ffs Hoopy, don't encourage him. It won't end well🙈
Oh ffs Hoopy, don't encourage him. It won't end well🙈
FFS Steviebhoy neither did my boax. Fucking thing bew up.😡

I wish they vould be Ally but that is not very realistic. We simply cannot afford to buy ready-made world class players like Madrid so have to shop smart and try to coach players better. Also, we are playing week in week out against a much lower standard of players so simply are not used to competing gor 95+ minutes against such a high level of clinical passing and finishing.

If we had taken our chances then we had a chance in geeting positive result but we weren't. I wouldn't be too down about it, pal, as there were still a lot of positives to take from the game. HH
Yes I understand BB it's just that I have seen great European nights under the old floodlights that I was spoiled.🍀🍀

We've competed for a good part of the game against the defending champions compared to us who most of our team are playing for the first time in the champions league.
A wee bit of perspective needed.

Matt O'Reilly was playing against Cheltenham this time last year....super proud of them all ..we will win a few games this year...will we get second?? Possibly....we can certainly get third, no question

Alright Bhoys and Ghirls. Now it's because I've been spoiled under the old floodlights of Celtic park on these European nights I can carried away with our performances nowadays.If I have been too harsh my apologies just that I was spoiled, and believed that Celtic could win any game. 🍀🍀

Looking back on the goals conceded and the very fine margins that can be so costly at this level, and the 1st two goals could easily have been avoided and maybe a little to nice towards Madrid at times when a calculated team foul and a potential booking is called for.
Great teams like Madrid exploit that bit of naivety and chasing a game against such class is a near impossible task.
A 5 minute spell destroyed us tonight, but couldn't fault the effort put in whatsoever and still left with what might have been tonight.
Continue in the same vein for this European campaign and expecting far more joyous occasions than the slight disappointment of tonight imo.

Yes I understand BB it's just that I have seen great European nights under the old floodlights that I was spoiled.🍀🍀
I know. But sadly the game has changed these days. In the past the best players were spread more around the clubs. The top teams all had 3 to 6 really top players and another dozen home grown players whereas nowadays these top players are concentrated into much fewer clubs. The top 10 clubs in Europe all have a couple of dozen top tier players, so it is much harder for lesser teams to compete against them. Yes, there will still be upsets, but more often than not the top clubs will overcome poorer clubs - this happens domestically as well on a lower scale.

I believe we will do well in this group and if we learn from tonight then we will hopefully enjoy European football after the new year.

Alright Bhoys and Ghirls. Now it's because I've been spoiled under the old floodlights of Celtic park on these European nights I can carried away with our performances nowadays.If I have been too harsh my apologies just that I was spoiled, and believed that Celtic could win any game.

Members online

Latest posts

Back