Scottish Champs v European Champs, Tues 6th Sept 2022 at 8pm (BST)

Thought we did ourselves proud yes no one likes a defeat but tonight it’s was a case of no luck we got no break of the ball
But we kept at them do think Jota was overawed by the occasion and Abada he scores in the first minute he smashes the later chance again we didn’t take our chances they did but again they did our Club proud and will have learned from it.
As I said earlier
We dare to hope and in Ange The hope is Strong
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀
Totally agree mate spot on👍Wee slice of luck was all that was missing,seems the big clubs get that in bucketloads 🤷‍♂️Jota was out of sorts tonite in both attacking and his defensive duties,,,but like awe the troops have said on here( wan or two bampots excluded)learning curve,we move forward ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

Centenary season almost crushed in the celtic end as we beat dundee 3 nil-endes up in the jungle after the polis had walked us around to the rangers end first
It's OK Plummy, we believe you, no need to go through your Celtic 'Ah wiz there' history
Calm down and get involved, in a less confrontational way, who cares if somebody called you a Hun, a cunt, a fanny, or whatever else
You seem to be 'throwing the toys oot the pram a bit' and this is not the place to do that, lest you incur the wrath of the noisers, who are indeed world class wind up merchants, where sarcasm is just another service on offer

Served my apprenticeship in the 90s with a mob that didn't employ Catholics-government paid the apprentice wages-never backed down from the cants-always argued our caae

One thing to bear in mind too is this was one massive step up in class for our team. Our players simply do not have the experience of playing at this level. Before tonight, out of the 15 outfield players we put on the pit h there was a combined total of 138 minutes of proper Champions League experience (CalMac played a full 90 minutes 5 years ago and Jenz totalled 48 minutes over 3 matches). Modric and Benzema had over 19000 minutes between them, never mind the rest.

10 of their starters kicked off in last season's final.

Overall, although disappointed I think we will improve from this experience tonight.
I genuinely think Ange will use this as a learning experience, we've gone up against the best and matched them in many areas but ultimately came up short.
There's no lessons to learn putting 9 past United or 4 past the huns, but we can learn from tonight.
Years ago when PSV skelped us it wasn't really a learning opportunity it was just a wake up call that they were a completely different league to us, I really don't believe Real are a different league to us, they're better but we gave them a bloody good game and a few frights! And they're the very best in Europe.

Keep going Ange!

Just back in from the game, mug of coffee with a XLARGE Glenlivet in it, a Spliff & Christy Moore fur company.

Was driver tonight, so for the 1st time I went to a match, with no hipflask or vape. I was there to support the Celtic, thatChampions League tune sends shivers, doon ma back no sooner had I recovered, we were off & by fuck. Aye we need to take our chances at this level, 4 against RM some teams don't even get chance.
Thought the Bhoys we're brilliant tonight we fans were brilliant, nae fuckin voice left this 2 days between games nae good on ma voice box, mind you listening too my 3 disapointed geandweans explaning too my Wee Sister & Daughter tae get a grip & support the team instead of debating which player is the best eyecandy, nearly ended up in Greenock fae laughing so much, just got the Erskine Bridge slip road. as Big Ange says disappointed & determined too improve, THAT'LL DO FOR ME.. ☕🥃🥃🚬 Slàinte

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪☘️KEEP THE FAITH IN THE GREEN & WHITE☘️🇮🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Just back in from the game, mug of coffee with a XLARGE Glenlivet in it, a Spliff & Christy Moore fur company.

Was driver tonight, so for the 1st time I went to a match, with no hipflask or vape. I was there to support the Celtic, thatChampions League tune sends shivers, doon ma back no sooner had I recovered, we were off & by fuck. Aye we need to take our chances at this level, 4 against RM some teams don't even get chance.
Thought the Bhoys we're brilliant tonight we fans were brilliant, nae fuckin voice left this 2 days between games nae good on ma voice box, mind you listening too my 3 disapointed geandweans explaning too my Wee Sister & Daughter tae get a grip & support the team instead of debating which player is the best eyecandy, nearly ended up in Greenock fae laughing so much, just got the Erskine Bridge slip road. as Big Ange says disappointed & determined too improve, THAT'LL DO FOR ME.. ☕🥃🥃🚬 Slàinte

Enjoy the coffee TT BHOYS done us proud tonight

Just home from Paradise. Disappointed ? Aye, maybe a touch. Downhearted ? No chance. The players gave everything especially in the first half . Second half I thought Real upped the gears and we got to see why they're European Champs. A truly class outfit in every department. Their control of the football, both as a team and as individuals, was quite something. Add to that their athleticism and physicality , and we got the chance to see something special.
While it could be said we were the architect's of our own downfall due to a couple sloppy defensive lapses, it could also be said we really didn't trouble them too much. Their keeper for the most part, had quite an easy shift.
A wee word of praise for the support, they were absolutely outstanding from start to finish. They/we know we've a bit to go.
The work continues and we WILL improve.

Greenock...FFS...dodged a bullet there
Must have been some atmosphere tonight
Watched it without sound
Madrid stepped it up a gear and I thought we just didn't take the chances we had
Still, w'ere at the top table once again, so can't complain
HH

Back