Reliable Penalty Taker

I've always been one for thinking that our or anyones penalty taker should be a striker unless someone else in the side like st crystal palace shows a real talent and skill at putting them away only problem with that for us is half the time we don't have a striker on the field which is well weird anyway

I've always wanted my strikers to hit pens, however out of our current squad I would like to see Ajer belt a few in, although Eddie is the main man.

Corners bloody corners, almost as poor as our throw inns...
A tought when Lenny came in o that chuckles brother shit would stop me to you you to me,we have been doing it for over 2 year's we are not man/city. Play to our own ability

I've been saying for seasons now that we don't do enough on the training ground to capitalise on dead ball situations. Oh for a Nakamura or even a Griff.
I here and agree. I will add the point that we need a STRIKER. Not Eddy, not Burke, not Timo or Sinclair. We need a striker. How many times did we get crossed into the box for nobody to get on the end of it. All our front men were waiting on a striker to do the job for them.

It's the job of a striker to put the ball in the net therefore it should be a striker taking the penalties......so it would help massively to have an actual striker on the pitch.

Speaking of strikers, where the fuck is Bayo?

Beginning to think with the amount of players who disappear without a trace after signing for us that either Peter Lawell is a serial killer or there's a doorway that leads to another dimension somewhere in Celtic Park :unsure:

Whens it gonna get exciting again. The actual football i mean.

It boring the paps off me most times.

Champions grind out even on a shit day i get that but champions should also excite the senses and should overcome parked bus’s quicker.

Slow boring football is rippin ma knitting
I am ready for lots of incoming for what I am about to say but in my opinion, Celtic have killed off the entertainment in Scottish football by having too big a gap financially and therefore to big a gap in the standard of player that we have. It's the same every week. The other teams play with 10 men behind the ball and we have to try and find a way through them. They then try for a quick breakaway in the last 10 min to try and steal a goal. Unfortunately, this has ruined the game as entertainment. Apart from getting int another league, I don't know what we can do about it.
Fire away, or maybe come up with an answer

I am ready for lots of incoming for what I am about to say but in my opinion, Celtic have killed off the entertainment in Scottish football by having too big a gap financially and therefore to big a gap in the standard of player that we have. It's the same every week. The other teams play with 10 men behind the ball and we have to try and find a way through them. They then try for a quick breakaway in the last 10 min to try and steal a goal. Unfortunately, this has ruined the game as entertainment. Apart from getting int another league, I don't know what we can do about it.
It's a vicious circle, aroona, and it's fair to say that Celtic have outgrown Scottish football.

There's not much we can do about that, but the rest of the sides in Scotland have to look at the set-up and start making hard decisions. I live in an area where there are seven senior teams within a 30-mile radius. Edinburgh serves two big teams that could effectively be a giant if it was a one club city. Same thing in Fife, Lanarkshire, and the Central region. Provincial clubs are running on fumes and dependent on US and them.

It's a joke!

12yrds from goal and a free shot, professional football player should be hitting the net. Just my Opinion.
Bang on the money GS all these guys are paid money we could only dream of. They're professionals and everyone of them should have no problem doing it but sports psychological too so if they think they're shite at penalties they believe they are and so therefore they are go figure ???

Bang on the money GS all these guys are paid money we could only dream of. They're professionals and everyone of them should have no problem doing it but sports psychological too so if they think they're shite at penalties they believe they are and so therefore they are go figure ???
St.mirren san siro or the camp nou always think a professional shouldn't miss a penalty again just my opinion. HH

Aye just like the Huns did mate.....Fuck of with that pish so by running a club the right way we killed competition have l got that right? Away and have lie down and just think what your saying. Total Guff.

Sorry can't agree as every top flight division in every country has the same conditions. So the last Glasgow derby didn't excite You? Remember when we lost at ibrokes they went level on pts? Remember that had they won at CP then a real title challenge was back on? Remember the 90s? Can't agree no disrespect HH

Is it Celtic's fault that opposing teams just want to park the bus?

Hang on, we only play one team at a time. There are other games not involving Celtic, we can't be held responsible for them or the entertainment value of those games. FFS get a grip.

Members online

Latest posts

Back