our board

should we organise a petition demanding that our board stand up and start defending our club

• yes

Votes: 44 97.8%
  • no

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
This is the time for all at Celtic to get their backsides in gear and do what has been required over the last few windows instead of constantly looking at projects to sell on they need a couple of experienced players brought in if they have any aspirations in Europe and to make sure the league is won

This is the time for all at Celtic to get their backsides in gear and do what has been required over the last few windows instead of constantly looking at projects to sell on they need a couple of experienced players brought in if they have any aspirations in Europe and to make sure the league is won

Don't think there's a soul on here who would disagree with that, dmac

Andy..........if you can bottle that, I'll sell it and we'll make enough to buy DD's shareholding.

Not sure that it'll sell particularly well in glibby's pop-up shop, but if you know how to bottle vile bile then they fruitcakes would buy it by the truckload and we could sign wee Lionel with the profits.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Vile Bile. A fragrance for Sevvies! Can just see the advert now......

A black and white film with a slowed down version of GSTQ playing quietly in the background, a fat couple in XXL replica Sevco strips standing outside the Louden staring deeply into the camera, a voiceover whispers in hushed tones 'Vile Bile a new fragrance for the man and woman who live to hate, Vile Bile! :ROFLMAO:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Vile Bile. A fragrance for Sevvies! Can just see the advert now......

A black and white film with a slowed down version of GSTQ playing quietly in the background, a fat couple in XXL replica Sevco strips standing outside the Louden staring deeply into the camera, a voiceover whispers in hushed tones 'Vile Bile a new fragrance for the man and woman who live to hate, Vile Bile! :ROFLMAO:
You're a marketing genius, Andy........i'll get on the blower to Scorcese to direct. Get Brad Pitt in a fat suit and we' re off to the Caymans with billions in the bank.

You're a marketing genius, Andy........i'll get on the blower to Scorcese to direct. Get Brad Pitt in a fat suit and we' re off to the Caymans with billions in the bank.

I think we'd be onto a winner SP and why should Dave King be the only one who gets to fleece the orcs oot their giros :ROFLMAO:

That's me done for tonight bhoys and ghirls. Catch you on the next thread.

HH (y)

A much maligned man whose only crime was to spell it out in bold type.

What is it they say during their rememberences?

"lest we forget"

Well let's never forget the historic and the current cheating.
And we should never forget the lessons , this guy was a top QC usually QCs would be above the industrial language and the rivalry of natives, he saw it ran deeper, it went into institutions running deep into the minds of corruptable men, it was a poison and thats what he is spelling out a poison that corrupts and preaches hate against another set of people whos only difference is their views and opinions and the right to have their voice heard.

i agree we are all tims who love our club its a way of life for most of us but we need to get real the dark forces are gathering against us and we need to be vigilant people have previously said that dermot desmond cant increase his investment unless he takes over the club so what is stopping him if that is the case then as i said earlier we need to widen the net further investment wise because if we dont the huns surely will and we all better believe it cos they wont stop at anything to beat us

i agree we are all tims who love our club its a way of life for most of us but we need to get real the dark forces are gathering against us and we need to be vigilant people have previously said that dermot desmond cant increase his investment unless he takes over the club so what is stopping him if that is the case then as i said earlier we need to widen the net further investment wise because if we dont the huns surely will and we all better believe it cos they wont stop at anything to beat us
spot on seven,just wish we would act instead of reacting! pity the board do phuq all, those at the top are supposed to show leadership,and i'm not seein it hail hail pal!

TET I'm usually in agreement with a lot of what you say mate but with the greatest of respect I think your way off the mark on this one. To say our board have done a grand job with the money at their disposal made me spit my tea oot when I read it as they have done nothing of the sort. I'm going to put all the Sevco/King stuff related to your post aside because whatever is going on at Ibrox with finances or anything else it should not be used as a comparison, an excuse to deflect away from our own board's failures or have any bearing on how Celtic conduct their business. Peter Lawell has made it clear on many occasions that Celtic F.C. has a stand alone policy therefore what goes on at Ibrox is inconsequential to how Celtic operates and that comes straight from the horse's mouth.

HH mate.

Andy Im not a fan of the board. I fully agree they could be better in so many ways. Especially on the clubs ethics.

But Lawell is paid to a particular job, just like anybody else at any business. And the job he is paid to do is to keep the managers risk quantum under control and within budgets.

And based on that part of his job, which is the most important job at any business, he has grown the club while keeping the manager within budgets, applied risk management without emotion and has done the fundamental vital part of his job with flying colours.

I read so many places Lawell doesnt deserve a bonus?
Which Ceo would not be geting abonus for those kind of financial metrics?

Emotionally I detest the expediency over ethics. But thats the tooth and claw nature of capitalism.

But lets put the emotional stuff aside.

Penny pinching

The board have sanctioned a almost doubling the already biggest wage bill in Scotland. Thats not penny pinching.

They have on top of that implemented the most radical superficial luxury travel and chattels for the players. They have the biggest and best training facility.

They have put in fancy lights shows.

When they could have sold all the players for mega millions they tried to keep them by doubling their wages. which doesnt make them more valuable to the club either internally or to prospective buyers. Who take their current wage into consideration when making an offer for any player.

Example if mcgregor worth 10 million transfer when getting 10 k per week. Giving him 20k per week weakens the selling clubs hold on the player since they are potentially stretching their wage resources to beyond breaking point wages. And therefore crippling the clubs negotiating power should another club start dangling 100k wages. End result the player probably sells for less than 10M illion even if he playing equally well under 20k

Now most of that stuff doesnt bother the ordianry fan they just want the best players on the park playing the best football.

But thats where the money men come into play. They need to be able to work out th risks of the fiancial aspects of the club. And in that respect Lawell is genius.

Had rodgers been doing the business on the aprk nobody would care much bout lawell.

But fact rodgers doing medicore all the emotions point towards something going wrong and since rodgers had been doing well it must be Lawell

But the facts on the money side of things show clearly hence the high share price that the club is run by shrewd money men.
Thats his job therefore in that context he deserves the bonusu for the period in which we double treble.

I am no fan of Lawell.

But i will defend anyone when the facts are distorted in my opinion.

I think LAwell is smug and conniving and too Silent.

But those things arent to do with bonuses.

If Rdogers cant spot value for money
If rodgers cant galvanise the best squad in scotland
If Rodgers cant win against very weak teams then throwing exessive amounts of money at a guy who cant win with the already best players in country is not going to solve the problems at the club and if anything could finacially damage the club going forward.

You correctly state that Celtic should not be basing its finacail dealing on anyone but celtic.

And belive it or not thats exactly what Lawell does.

He sticks to making money for the club. And because he knows value inside out he wont sanction overly risky ventures.

Does that mean im a fan of his. No i really dont like him.
But I dont particularly like Most shrewd capitalists that doesnt mean i dont think they are good at what they do.

The witch hunt i refer to is the blaming of lawell for rodgers weird acquisitions.
If the players arent better than what we already have wtf are theybuying them.

Lets take the boyata debacle and the dembele debacle as examples.

Boyata 10 million offer rejected by Rodgers sanctioned. Boyata wants to leave. Rodgers says no. Club lost 10 million may get nothing keep hold of disgruntled player.

10 million down the pan.

Dembele claims he was promised big move and if it came he would have option to go.

Club reject higher bids at request of rodgers

Player feels cheated since club cant match wages throws strop sold for less than he could have been sold under bad vibes at club.

Somehow lawell got blame of both these poor management decisions.

Compper- rodgers leaves no stone unturned even goes so far as to look at thier breakfast.

Rodgers never gives him agame?????

Picked up Gamboa for 2 million not to replce A ever increasing error prone Lustig. No error prone lustig gets worse but keeps his place in team.

But board are blamed when a third high paid right back doesnt get sanctioned.

Anyway Andy

I appreciate your time and kind words.

Im on your side. I dont like LAwell. But he has done his job very very well where bonuses are concerned.

His ability to deal with communicationmsor listen to ordianry fans he has failed miserably.

But his bonus is paid for financial results.

He works under his constraints very well.
Rodgers on the other hand spills money all over the floor and therein lies the problem. Celtic cant afford to waste money while they arent subsidied by satellite TV.

I know LAwel is controvertial topic.

But i dont see anybody fighting his corner and well i always try to put an argument forward for anyone who in my opinion isnt getting a fair hearing.

Celtic fans just want the bbest players playing at Celtic.

We actaully have the bets players in scotland at Celtic but they arent firing to theier talents at the minute.

Andy Im not a fan of the board. I fully agree they could be better in so many ways. Especially on the clubs ethics.

But Lawell is paid to a particular job, just like anybody else at any business. And the job he is paid to do is to keep the managers risk quantum under control and within budgets.

And based on that part of his job, which is the most important job at any business, he has grown the club while keeping the manager within budgets, applied risk management without emotion and has done the fundamental vital part of his job with flying colours.

I read so many places Lawell doesnt deserve a bonus?
Which Ceo would not be geting abonus for those kind of financial metrics?

Emotionally I detest the expediency over ethics. But thats the tooth and claw nature of capitalism.

But lets put the emotional stuff aside.

Penny pinching

The board have sanctioned a almost doubling the already biggest wage bill in Scotland. Thats not penny pinching.

They have on top of that implemented the most radical superficial luxury travel and chattels for the players. They have the biggest and best training facility.

They have put in fancy lights shows.

When they could have sold all the players for mega millions they tried to keep them by doubling their wages. which doesnt make them more valuable to the club either internally or to prospective buyers. Who take their current wage into consideration when making an offer for any player.

Example if mcgregor worth 10 million transfer when getting 10 k per week. Giving him 20k per week weakens the selling clubs hold on the player since they are potentially stretching their wage resources to beyond breaking point wages. And therefore crippling the clubs negotiating power should another club start dangling 100k wages. End result the player probably sells for less than 10M illion even if he playing equally well under 20k

Now most of that stuff doesnt bother the ordianry fan they just want the best players on the park playing the best football.

But thats where the money men come into play. They need to be able to work out th risks of the fiancial aspects of the club. And in that respect Lawell is genius.

Had rodgers been doing the business on the aprk nobody would care much bout lawell.

But fact rodgers doing medicore all the emotions point towards something going wrong and since rodgers had been doing well it must be Lawell

But the facts on the money side of things show clearly hence the high share price that the club is run by shrewd money men.
Thats his job therefore in that context he deserves the bonusu for the period in which we double treble.

I am no fan of Lawell.

But i will defend anyone when the facts are distorted in my opinion.

I think LAwell is smug and conniving and too Silent.

But those things arent to do with bonuses.

If Rdogers cant spot value for money
If rodgers cant galvanise the best squad in scotland
If Rodgers cant win against very weak teams then throwing exessive amounts of money at a guy who cant win with the already best players in country is not going to solve the problems at the club and if anything could finacially damage the club going forward.

You correctly state that Celtic should not be basing its finacail dealing on anyone but celtic.

And belive it or not thats exactly what Lawell does.

He sticks to making money for the club. And because he knows value inside out he wont sanction overly risky ventures.

Does that mean im a fan of his. No i really dont like him.
But I dont particularly like Most shrewd capitalists that doesnt mean i dont think they are good at what they do.

The witch hunt i refer to is the blaming of lawell for rodgers weird acquisitions.
If the players arent better than what we already have wtf are theybuying them.

Lets take the boyata debacle and the dembele debacle as examples.

Boyata 10 million offer rejected by Rodgers sanctioned. Boyata wants to leave. Rodgers says no. Club lost 10 million may get nothing keep hold of disgruntled player.

10 million down the pan.

Dembele claims he was promised big move and if it came he would have option to go.

Club reject higher bids at request of rodgers

Player feels cheated since club cant match wages throws strop sold for less than he could have been sold under bad vibes at club.

Somehow lawell got blame of both these poor management decisions.

Compper- rodgers leaves no stone unturned even goes so far as to look at thier breakfast.

Rodgers never gives him agame?????

Picked up Gamboa for 2 million not to replce A ever increasing error prone Lustig. No error prone lustig gets worse but keeps his place in team.

But board are blamed when a third high paid right back doesnt get sanctioned.

Anyway Andy

I appreciate your time and kind words.

Im on your side. I dont like LAwell. But he has done his job very very well where bonuses are concerned.

His ability to deal with communicationmsor listen to ordianry fans he has failed miserably.

But his bonus is paid for financial results.

He works under his constraints very well.
Rodgers on the other hand spills money all over the floor and therein lies the problem. Celtic cant afford to waste money while they arent subsidied by satellite TV.

I know LAwel is controvertial topic.

But i dont see anybody fighting his corner and well i always try to put an argument forward for anyone who in my opinion isnt getting a fair hearing.

Celtic fans just want the bbest players playing at Celtic.

We actaully have the bets players in scotland at Celtic but they arent firing to theier talents at the minute.

Excellent post Tet.

Anf food for thought most definitely.

Well done ????

Members online

Latest posts

Back