My worst nightmare has come true

So so sorry to hear about the passing of your son mate, can't even begin to imagine what you and your granddaughters are going through right now.

My brother lost his son not too long ago in tragic and unexpected circumstances, he was a few years younger than your son, it was like my brother's whole world ended in that moment and in essence a part of him died with his boy that day.

I know everybody grieves in their own way mate but right now the only thing you can do is take one day at a time and although the pain will seem unbearable for you all make sure you talk of your boy with the girls and those close to you every day, remember all the good times you shared and celebrate his life, it's that that will give you, the girls and the rest of the family the strength to push through the pain.

For what it's worth my thoughts are with you and yours mate, my sincerest and deepest condole
A very thoughtful and well put post, S2. My brother lost his son five years back; a big part of him is lost, too. It's really not in life's script. I can't even begin to believe I could cope with such a devastating loss.

Oh McGarrell this is terrible terrible to read , so sorry for your loss, no parent should ever have to go through what you have just posted.
It's only Saturday morning that my wee sister in law sarah finally let go and passed on at 36, and now this awful news.
My sincerest and deepest condolences to you and your family , I pray that both are smiling down at us all and that they may rest in peace.
YNWA McGarrell 💔💚🙏
Sorry to hear of your loss also Winter terribly sad news today on the noise.
YNWA

Been thinking about you all day McG and I just can't comprehend what you must be going through pal..All I can say is and I reckon I can speak for us all when I say that we are here for you pal. ...sure you don't know us personally but we are all family 💔

Last edited:
On the 24 th off January my only son Daniel passed away,he had been suffering fro a back injury that was getting progressively worse he needed an. Operation that left him with a chance off being in a wheelchair for the rest off his life so kept putting off ,and off a friend off his unbekwowing to us was giving him bottles. Off oral morph to help his pain but somehow on Tuesday he must have taken to much by mistake,he fell asleep and neve woke up,at the Ross county game we got an Indian meal on the way,he forgot to give me my bank card back my granddaughter car was in getting a sensor on and I said I would pay for it so before going to the garage to pick her car up we had to go into my son's house to get my bankcard,so my granddaughter jumped in his houset get the card at 5to5,she came running out her dad's house screaming Grampa I canny wake my dad up,so I ran in the house he was still warm so I got him in the recover position stuck my fingers in his mouth and was being brainless sick my granddaughter phoned an ambulance that was there within 9 minutes bu could see his lip getting blu,I said to paramedic hes gon isn't he,he replied yes but hes not long gone we will try our best the worked on him fo45 mins then they got pulse they rushed him from biggar to wishaw,then the lost the pulse near the hospital,but got it back again bu he passed away,at 5 past 11 on Wednesday morning surounde by all his family,only consolation we have he suffered no pain and died peacefully in his,now comes the worst to have cremate,my son on Wednesday 21/2/24,at 2pm at South Lanarkshire crematorium,this I photo off his coffin,I am the proudest dad in the world off my son he fought for and got full custody off his 2 beautiful red head ,girls close 18 and Abbie aged 15,ho got sole custody off them 2 girls over there mother that say everything you need to know about my son Daniel aged 38,his first celtic game was aleague cup vayr utd in1988,i took him to celtic games since he was 2 he became the youngest head greenkeeper at 35 that I have heard about,we went all over Europe me and him,Ajax Utrecht,stuggart Luxemburg Lyon vig,vig Sevilla barçelona twice Milan 3 times and so many more,god bless son if there is one we aren't religious just good Tims that's what we was and are,so R.I.P Daniel love dad
Sincere condolences to you and your family and to Daniel’s 2 daughters, can’t imagine the pain you’re going through RIP Daniel take care YNWA

Words can never say how you feel, my son left this world 29th December 2016, aged 27 at his own hand.
Pain, emptiness and "what if's" swirl around your head. Everyone said how brave his mother were coping, I could barely keep it together.
You have my deepest and most heartfelt sympathies losing a child destroys a part of you that you never know existed.
Requiescat in Pace

Words can never say how you feel, my son left this world 29th December 2016, aged 27 at his own hand.
Pain, emptiness and "what if's" swirl around your head. Everyone said how brave his mother were coping, I could barely keep it together.
You have my deepest and most heartfelt sympathies losing a child destroys a part of you that you never know existed.
Requiescat in Pace
Sorry to hear about your Boy TT it’s a parents worst nightmare.
hope your faith gets you through
In my thoughts and prayers

HH🙏

Sorry to hear of your loss also Winter terribly sad news today on the noise.
YNWA
Thank you Mag7 , for your kind words and thoughts , Sarah my wee sister in law so young. It is terribly sad and my heart goes out to McGarrell, no parent should ever have to bury their children ever .
On a side note we've just been informed it will be March 6th Sarah's service.
March 6 makes it 19 days in the morgue without a post mortem I mean wtaf?
For all the stick that Scotland, its NHS and supporting services get it is light years ahead of England and Wales, still trying to take that in right now.

Requiescat in Pace
That's truly awful TT so sad and sorry for your loss. Deepest condolences to you it was 2016 I lost my wee ma, and a piece of me as well.
May your Son , young Daniel, Sarah, my wee ma all rest in peace 🙏
Also all those of us who are suffering in one way or another. No one is forgotten,
Micheal Duffy ' faither ' of the noise also.

This forum/site is way more, far far more than a football forum it reflects the suffering we all share in life and more .
Said before YNWA, is no slogan its the reality of the Celtic Noise and the Celtic supporters family at its best.
From the well being thread to the outpouring of love and genuine sadness that if ever a person was in any doubt about that , if they've read either they know for certain now Celtic is more than a football club , or a business its a unique club , so much so that even a Chilean football club I doubt like myself any of us had ever heard of are paying homage to the humanity on display.
Celtic supporters never walk alone , never.

Thank you Mag7 , for your kind words and thoughts , Sarah my wee sister in law so young. It is terribly sad and my heart goes out to McGarrell, no parent should ever have to bury their children ever .
On a side note we've just been informed it will be March 6th Sarah's service.
March 6 makes it 19 days in the morgue without a post mortem I mean wtaf?
For all the stick that Scotland, its NHS and supporting services get it is light years ahead of England and Wales, still trying to take that in right now.
Certainly not what your family need Winter given the sorrow they are already experiencing. I hope their love and unity gives them some kind of strength to cope.

Requiescat in Pace
Sorry to hear that TT. I cannot imagine what you and your family went through. May he rest in peace. 💚

Requiescat in Pace
Although it's impossible for me to know what you have gone, and I'm sure still go through, I think I have at least some idea of you and your good lady's pain,TT. As I've stated on another answer on this thread, one of my brothers lost his son a while back. I still see the pain in his eyes, hear it in his voice, and feel it's presence when we are together.

I just can't find words to express my deep sorrow at such awful times.

I still see the pain in his eyes, hear it in his voice, and feel it's presence when we are together.
Apologies for abridging your post to a single sentence, but, it captures all for me.
Few days ago while driving, song sung by Andrea Botticelli came over the radio:
"Time to say goodbye"
Wife commented, "What wrong", never cried, but as you say above it appears in your eyes, could not talk for a good few minutes.
Dad's have broken hearts but, society demands we never show that weakness, how often I wanted to sit and sob is countless, society only allows mother that relief.

Apologies for abridging your post to a single sentence, but, it captures all for me.
Few days ago while driving, song sung by Andrea Botticelli came over the radio:
"Time to say goodbye"
Wife commented, "What wrong", never cried, but as you say above it appears in your eyes, could not talk for a good few minutes.
Dad's have broken hearts but, society demands we never show that weakness, how often I wanted to sit and sob is countless, society only allows mother that relief.
Heartfelt thoughts to you TT.... the loss of your son is so tragic.
I agree those words from Frank brought it home as my youngest brother lost his 19 year old daughter over a decade ago but of course the sadness and loss will never leave him.
It is painful for me to see how this has affected the rest of his life but he some how keeps going as he has to as others still need his love in his family. Look after yourself TT. YNWA.

Back