Liam Scales to Aberdeen reports.

We need to get sky tv tae fuck, the way forward is to let each team negotiate their ain tv deals, the clubs aw did it during the pandemic, the 4 games v the Huns are worth £20 million each in tv income, if Celtic and the hun generate all of the income, we should take all of the income, who wants to pay for Aberdeen v st mirren? Or similar dross

We need to get sky tv tae fuck, the way forward is to let each team negotiate their ain tv deals, the clubs aw did it during the pandemic, the 4 games v the Huns are worth £20 million each in tv income, if Celtic and the hun generate all of the income, we should take all of the income, who wants to pay for Aberdeen v st mirren? Or similar dross
I truly believe that Scottish football is still being punished by the Murdoch's for daring to go against them in the 90s and that idea wouldve worked had Celtic and oldco not shit their breeks at the last minute.
Sky havent forgotten nor forgiven and you're bang on .
Until we stop taking the first next best deal we will remain behind finland and Poland etc even though those divisions put together would do well to rival the derbys sellabillity worldwide.
Few fixtures can

Last edited:
Without padding out fact or fiction LS was a Des purchase.

Looked good when given a go.
Wants mins.
Probably deserves mins.
We will buy so will he get them now or next season?
We don't know a thing about how he trains.
We don't know a thing about his lifestyle and application.
All behind closed doors.

I'd want to keep him, lad can play.

Selfishly so we have cover.
It's all of the above and Anges plan.

Jules has been on the back burner since coming back so there is always more than meets the eye with these things.

How many of the "stick on" Des signings become first 11?

I'd rather see our players go on loan to top flight football or English championship level and without option to buy unless Ange isnt convinced.
Scales to Aberdeen on loan for a season would be a good move for all parties bearing in mind how Christie returned and ajer.
I'd rather not see these bhoys go to league 1or 2 as it's a step back downwards imo, the spfl is ranked highly now and way above league 1 and 2 levels.
Rodgers got it right keeping both mentioned players in view hopefully this can continue and we'll reap the benefits.
I dont think scales has let us down domestically but if he needs game time then clubs like Aberdeen are ideal. HH
Not forgetting Michael and I's favourite, big Charlie Mulgrew :LOL:
I think the loan move up north is a good thing for us and the Bhoy
He'll get regular SPFL games and come back a much better player
He took his goal well, this season, and looks composed on the ball

HH

A loan would be good for a number of players who seem unable to break into the 1st team. Loaning to teams in the SPFL gives them the chance to play against the teams that they would be lining up against playing in our 1st team or try to get them on loan to the 2nd or 3rd tier of the English leagues were if they shine down there if we don't want to keep them we could maybe raise a decent price for them

Last edited:
With news now coming out that the starfelt injury doesn't seem as badly as feared now, calls again into the possible future of scales again imo.
Could he be used as a potential back up for starfelt or even emerge as even challenging for his position still, either way, a potential big pre season for scales could be in the offering to actually see if scales is in Ange's plans for the future, as LB wouldn't really be much of an option going forward imo now

Goodwin won't be playing him at LB.

“He is coming in as a left sided centre half, which is the position I saw him play regularly for Shamrock Rovers, and the one we believe is his best position.

“He is aggressive, mobile, very comfortable on the ball and he has all the qualities you would want in a modern-day centre back.”

Must admit to be surprised at the timing of letting scales go to the Sheep.
That's us now down to Jules and Welsh as back up for CCV and starfelt as things stand.
Still got no idea about Jules with his return from injury and Welsh never really looked to comfortable with Ange style of play imo last season.
Would have thought scales would have been the most suitable back up as a left sided CB with potentially been the most natural available within the squad.
Still think getting a potential loan signing in as cover in the left CB role hopefully is in the offering still and maybe a better decision can be made in a year's time, to get a potential troublesome position sorted out with more confidence than we have at present

Must admit to be surprised at the timing of letting scales go to the Sheep.
That's us now down to Jules and Welsh as back up for CCV and starfelt as things stand.
Still got no idea about Jules with his return from injury and Welsh never really looked to comfortable with Ange style of play imo last season.
Would have thought scales would have been the most suitable back up as a left sided CB with potentially been the most natural available within the squad.
Still think getting a potential loan signing in as cover in the left CB role hopefully is in the offering still and maybe a better decision can be made in a year's time, to get a potential troublesome position sorted out with more confidence than we have at present
Sometimes in football it's not just about game time, there are many roles you have to learn in football before you become a polished article. young Welsh has to learn when to commit to a challenge, which is necessary at some point by taken one yellow for the team and the difference between just been rash and remaining on a yellow for stupidy or inexperience. Modern game involves schooling in the fine arts of professionalism.

Sometimes in football it's not just about game time, there are many roles you have to learn in football before you become a polished article. young Welsh has to learn when to commit to a challenge, which is necessary at some point by taken one yellow for the team and the difference between just been rash and remaining on a yellow for stupidy or inexperience. Modern game involves schooling in the fine arts of professionalism.
Been tough on young Welsh also with having to act as back up in the left sided CB and seems to have had a dip in confidence imo.
Wouldn't be to bothered about Jules or Welsh as cover for CCV, but using either of them on the left of a CB partnership, doesn't fill me confidence, and don't recall Jules ever used in that position either.
At least we know now that Ange has no intention of playing the 3CB option now that many a manager is going for these days

Members online

No members online now.

Back