Celtic Pets

Last time I was in the US there was a wee tail less stray cat on the in-laws property. Two weeks after we got home 3 kittens and the maw wandered oot the woodpile. The in-laws adopted all 4. Two of the kittens have no tail. The third kitten has a huge tail and is double the size of the other two now.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 10
I'm half biffed and going through pictures uploaded from about 96 phones to pick out my favourites to get blown up for my new house. You know i love a story Jackanory....

A pic flashes a memory and I remember meeting an older fella while walking my greyhound Charlie over at my caravan in Dunoon, he immediately stops as Charlie being the sweetest dog ever, would approach every human he encountered, head down, almost shy, tail wagging and would stand beside you and slightly lean into you, just enough to make slight contact. His way of showing warmth was to do that.

So this guy pipes up, 'it's nice tae see someone with a dug that's disnae look like it's scavenging for an unattended wean tae eat'. Claps the dug, Charlie's leaning in, looking up with the big eyes, he goes a step further ' sonny take it fae me, i've had dogs aw my life, they are a man's best friend and i'll tell you why'. 'You don't need to huv a conversation wi them, don't need tae listen tae their shite. Picking shite up's easier than listening tae it. But more importantly they're the only c@nt on this planet that looks at you and isnae figuring out how to get you to play their game. He disnae want anything from you, just your attention, they love you unconditionally'.

So we had our first wean, and as you can see he was by her side. We bought a baby monitor, but when she went tae bed, he went in the bedroom too, if she made a murmur, he would come out and whine several times, turn away and go back in the bedroom waiting on you telling him it was ok.

Charlie in action below

It was a shame i had to get rid, every time i spent time with her, he would go find something of mines in the house and pee on it. Only mines and in case you didnae know, greyhounds can pish like a man thats held it in for 12 pints. Tried everything to sort it, but even behavioural therapists couldnae sort it. The only thing he didnae pish on that was mines was the wean.

I hope the sausage factory wasn't too harsh for him.....

Noooooooo, went to a farm in the Borders and spends his days in the paddock, the lady says he thinks he's a horse now. I miss the big fella, but not the smell of pish....

End of chapter 1

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    669.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0198.jpg
    IMG_0198.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I'm half biffed and going through pictures uploaded from about 96 phones to pick out my favourites to get blown up for my new house. You know i love a story Jackanory....

A pic flashes a memory and I remember meeting an older fella while walking my greyhound Charlie over at my caravan in Dunoon, he immediately stops as Charlie being the sweetest dog ever, would approach every human he encountered, head down, almost shy, tail wagging and would stand beside you and slightly lean into you, just enough to make slight contact. His way of showing warmth was to do that.

So this guy pipes up, 'it's nice tae see someone with a dug that's disnae look like it's scavenging for an unattended wean tae eat'. Claps the dug, Charlie's leaning in, looking up with the big eyes, he goes a step further ' sonny take it fae me, i've had dogs aw my life, they are a man's best friend and i'll tell you why'. 'You don't need to huv a conversation wi them, don't need tae listen tae their shite. Picking it up's easier than listening tae it. But more importantly they're the only c@nt on this planet that looks at you and isnae figuring out how to get you to play their game. He disnae want anything from you, just your attention, they love you unconditionally'.

So we had our first wean, and as you can see he was by her side. We bought a baby monitor, but when she went tae bed, he went in the bedroom too, if she made a murmur, he would come out and whine several times, turn away and go back in the bedroom waiting on you telling him it was ok.

Charlie in action

It shame i had to get rid, every time i spent time with her, he would go find something of mines in the house and piss on it. Only mines and in case you didnae know, greyhounds can pish like a man thats held it in for 12 pints. Tried everything to sort it, but even behavioural therapists couldnae sort it. The only thing he didnae pish on that was mines was the wean.

I hope the sausage factory wasn't too harsh for him.....

Nah, went to a farm in the Borders and spent his day in the paddock, the lady says he thinks he's a horse now. I miss the big fella, but not the smell of pish....

End of chapter 1
I used to "know" a bird from Dunoon, if it was your missus, eh sorry and stuff. 😺

Latest posts

Back