Celtic Pets

This boy grew up top be the undefeated champ of the neighbourhood
My wife (ex) brought him home as the girl she worked with had a we brother who used to abuse him
Horrible little bastard of a teenage boy
I didn't name him, she did...called him Muffin :rolleyes:
He was tiny, and liked to climb up your leg and onto your shoulders, as you were standing at the sink
We had him for about 15 years,Baby Muffin .jpgMuffin .jpg and he was a character
Measured him from the tip of his nose, to his big bushy tail...39 inches
Before we had our fence all round the house, we were sunbathing in the backyard one day, and a dog raced up the side of the house, and into the yard, and tried to attack him
Chaos ensued, he sat up, swatted the dog's nose, which yelped, then turned and ran, with our boy right on his heels
He could run faster than the dog, so every few strides, he'd swat his arse, and the dog would give out a yelp
A few days later, a neighbour shows up with a vet bill, wanting me to pay to have his dog stitched up
I told him his dog had come onto our property when we were relaxing, and tried to attack our cat, who then defended himself
The guy started started waving his arms, and shouting (not the best plan for him) and swearing
He left after I suggested he 'gp for a nap' with my help of course
That was the last we heard from him

Last edited:
A beautiful morning for our walk and when I sat down on a bench, she joined me
Although the treats in my pocket might have had something to do with her good behaviour
People always remark on how beautiful and friendly she is
She's an Agouti, and her colours are what helps them blend in, with the background colours in the wild
5Y8lOoO.jpg

As they are building more houses in the development, they have saved this beautiful tree in the centre of the village
aTl2VcB.jpg

Hard to believe it's one year ago today, we lost our beautiful Beau
He died in my arms on our way to the emergency vet, heartbreaking loss
This Bhoy was loved by all who knew him
A favourite of oor Michael, after I sent him some photos in a card and he told me Beau had pride of place in his house
Anyway, just thought I'd share, as I know many of you, have pets, and spoke fondly of our big, beautiful, goofy, family member
He loved everybody & everything, and he brought so much joy into people's lives, through meeting him on the street on our walks, or when we volunteered at the seniors care home, where he was adored, by the residents
He loved all the love, cuddles, and affection, they showered him with
Here's a few pics of him at his best, spreading the love to those who need it most
Forever in our hearts
As Stevie called him...'The Noise Mascot'
Thinking of our Bhoy today
HH
Beau and Maureen 1.jpgBeau Bear 1.jpgSmiling Beau  .jpg

Beau Celtic scarf 3.jpg
Beau the big bear .jpgKV Beau Leah .jpg
DILLIGAF

A favourite of oor Michael, after I sent him some photos in a card and he told me Beau had pride of place in his house
Anyway, just thought I'd share, as I know many of you, have pets, and spoke fondly of our big, beautiful, goofy, family member
He loved everybody & everything, and he brought so much joy into people's lives, through meeting him on the street on our walks, or when we volunteered at the seniors care home, where he was adored, by the residents
Here's a few pics of him at his best, spreading the love to those who need it most
Forever in our hearts
HH
View attachment 18126View attachment 18124View attachment 18125

View attachment 18122
View attachment 18127View attachment 18128
DILLIGAF
As MD would say ,,,Mon the Beau

Forever in our hearts
HH

View attachment 18122
DILLIGAF
What a bonnie dug and so full of love & character. Sending best wishes to your family today.

Forever in our hearts
HH

View attachment 18122
DILLIGAF
Oor Michael will be up there with beau throwing the ball fur him and giving him a wee treat 👍

Kerry went in to grab a coffee and I told Georgia to 'sit'
She did...right in the chair next to me ;-)
She's settled in well with us now, and she has come a long way from her first few months with us when she was not housetrained and wouldn't listen to us
Now, she let's us know when she needs to go out and we use non verbal commands which she gets first time, and loves showing off how smart she is, to anyone who makes eye contact
Hard to believe it was a year ago since Beau crossed the rainbow bridge, but she has softened the blow over the past 9 months and is a huge part of our family
Georgia seat 2.jpgGeorgia seat 1.jpgGeorgia seat 1.jpg

Kerry went in to grab a coffee and I told Georgia to 'sit'
She did...right in the chair next to me ;-)
She's settled in well with us now, and she has come a long way from her first few months with us when she was not housetrained and wouldn't listen to us
Now, she let's us know when she needs to go out and we use non verbal commands which she gets first time, and loves showing off how smart she is, to anyone who makes eye contact
Hard to believe it was a year ago since Beau crossed the rainbow bridge, but she has softened the blow over the past 9 months and is a huge part of our family
View attachment 18369View attachment 18370View attachment 18370
A beautiful dog. I don’t know who is the luckiest that your paths crossed, you or Georgia 😄👍

We've been catless for 2 months and it's shite, I miss cleaning litter trays, getting scratched, being aggressively meowed at when dinner isn't out on time, spending a fortune on food because the dinner choices were wrong, fur on my clothes, getting woken up at 6am with a paw on the face, but mostly I miss purrs. Even when things are crap a purr makes everything a wee bit better.
Thankfully we've found a new purr provider, one of these wee furry people will be our new family member, don't know which one yet they'll be with their mum for a good few weeks yet learning cat skills!

IMG-20220421-WA0004.jpg

A beautiful dog. I don’t know who is the luckiest that your paths crossed, you or Georgia 😄👍
Cheers, and it's deffo us mate, we have been blessed with all our furred and feathered, family members, through the years
She's got such a beautiful, playful, nature, and takes me longer to walk her, because everybody stops to say hello and she loves it
When I take her into the bank, all commerce stops, the staff and customers all get a chance to pet her, and she loves it

We've been catless for 2 months and it's shite, I miss cleaning litter trays, getting scratched, being aggressively meowed at when dinner isn't out on time, spending a fortune on food because the dinner choices were wrong, fur on my clothes, getting woken up at 6am with a paw on the face, but mostly I miss purrs. Even when things are crap a purr makes everything a wee bit better.
Thankfully we've found a new purr provider, one of these wee furry people will be our new family member, don't know which one yet they'll be with their mum for a good few weeks yet learning cat skills!

View attachment 18372
Aww, that's great news Hoopy
He/She will pick you when it's time to go get them
Happy for you mate

HH

The problem is Dill Catherine will pick the softest, sweetest wee kitten, and I'll choose the deranged psychotic one that's swinging from a ceiling light! Maybe we'll get 2! 😺
Years ago, we went to pick up one at the local shelter
We get there and there's two kittens lying in the litterbox
One male, one female
They'd been found abandoned in a box, in a field...there are some heartless bastards in this world
We couldn't pick just one, as Freddie (after Mr Mercury) had his paw around his wee sister's shoulder
Freddie and Kelsey came home with us and lived with us for about 12-13 years
I can see two in your futre
Happy for you
HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back