What Advice Would You Give Neil Lennon

I'd say that as well as hazard did at the penalties hes not ready yet to be our no1. That has to be Barkas who tbf has been more exposed than ever in our calamitous defence. We cant keep hoping that FF will return even though theres a fair chance of that. Hazard should go out on loan but not to lower league clubs in Scotland, top flight clubs in europe or an english championship/league1
Or2 team those divisions are cut-throat and would benefit him and us well. Ajer has to stay at rb til the seasons end, though we are probably going to have to replace him and El Hamed and Duffy. Great to see wee mikey johnstone back and how weve missed Forrest, his assists and goals. Use broony sparingly from now to the seasons end soro is ready to replace him, finally after his many years and pretenders to his throne, kouassi etc but soro is the real deal. We have a brilliant squad but dont use it well enough . I thought once more lenny left the subs late yet again and couldve cost us the cup that delay. I will say if it's a choice of lenny or lambert then lenny all day, week and year Lambert has taken the soup money too many times it offends me his name is even mentioned with the possibility of replacing lenny thanks for the memories as a player but as a Celtic manager? No thanks
I'd say the best of the worst has to be Bain.

We need a Franz Beckenbauer and a Bobby Moore, DannyMcGrain Davie Hay Bobby Murdoch etc to see us through the season. Great players every one, what we have at the moment is good players but bad management. Oh my days it was easier when we had the lions and Jock Stein.

Realistically there isn't going to be time to get anyone in before the sevco game. The transfer window opens on 1st and we play them at 12:30 on the 2nd. I'm not sure if the SPFL will be open to accept registrations before our kick-off and even if they did then it means our new signing(s) meeting his/their new colleagues in the dressing room before the game and hoping that they gel immediately on the pitch. Unless we can sign a free agent now and/or it is someone that has already played for us very recently.
Surely to God there has to be Free Agents out there that are better than the "defenders" that we have. Probably not looking though.

Never TV, his legacy is second only to the great man and is secured regardless of whether we won or lost so respectfully disagree with that, the board however? Different story its their legacy which would be in tatters. We won a high pressure game against a hearts side which I believe were way underrated by the majority of our supporters, they wouldve stayed up had the season finished imo. They're most definitely a top 6 side and it's even more reason for a 14-16 team league top flight ( I'd prefer the latter) as the difference between the championship top 6 and the SPL bottom 6 is little if anything more than a baws hairs width ☘
Maybe, but I think in any post 10 crash analysis he wouldn't cone out well. Let's hope the team turn around their woeful form, but I believe with out a real CB in for the Ibrox game and a new keeper, we will struggle. This season we are out of Europe twice, humiliated by being the worst defensive team, out of the BetFred and as I type 16 points behind. If we lose the league as well then not making change earlier will be the shout as the reason. As soon as he loses it, the Sevco press who are trying to keep him there will turn on him and start saying what the majority of Celtic fans have. You can take that to the Bank. They hate him, but see him as being there as good for their team. If everybody doesn't see that's their game, they haven't been paying attention. It's all academic, because he's safe as houses. Well, until we drop more po8nts that is. We can't afford to lose another game, and with our defence right now, that seems pie in the sky.

I think Lenny is in a dark place right now. The interviews, his body language, i feel for him. I really do. He doesn't want to be seen as walking away. The board won't sack a guy who helped clinch the quad treble. Like others I'd like him to leave on a "high" and let someone else take the strain.

Surely to God there has to be Free Agents out there that are better than the "defenders" that we have. Probably not looking though.
Hi 1888,
Any player must meet Peter Lawell's profit driven criteria of raw young players with development potential and then sell on value.
With what we need now, it immediately puts us, and Hammond, in the completely wrong market.
This man has single handedly become the biggest obstacle to TIAR, simply because he has been given free rein to do what he wants.
Our club is simply his cash cow. The be all and end all of his ambitions.
Sorry for ranting at such a celebratory time, but it is still eating away at me.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I think in any post 10 crash analysis he wouldn't cone out well. Let's hope the team turn around their woeful form, but I believe with out a real CB in for the Ibrox game and a new keeper, we will struggle. This season we are out of Europe twice, humiliated by being the worst defensive team, out of the BetFred and as I type 16 points behind. If we lose the league as well then not making change earlier will be the shout as the reason. As soon as he loses it, the Sevco press who are trying to keep him there will turn on him and start saying what the majority of Celtic fans have. You can take that to the Bank. They hate him, but see him as being there as good for their team. If everybody doesn't see that's their game, they haven't been paying attention. It's all academic, because he's safe as houses. Well, until we drop more po8nts that is. We can't afford to lose another game, and with our defence right now, that seems pie in the sky.
Someone mention pie in the sky 😋😋

Never TV, his legacy is second only to the great man and is secured regardless of whether we won or lost so respectfully disagree with that, the board however? Different story its their legacy which would be in tatters. We won a high pressure game against a hearts side which I believe were way underrated by the majority of our supporters, they wouldve stayed up had the season finished imo. They're most definitely a top 6 side and it's even more reason for a 14-16 team league top flight ( I'd prefer the latter) as the difference between the championship top 6 and the SPL bottom 6 is little if anything more than a baws hairs width ☘

If lennon loses 10IAR then I think his legacy will be tarnished in the eyes of the majority of fans. Look at brendan. What he achieved in his short time but I bet he wouldn't get many pints bought for him up the Gallowgate.
The older fans are more respectful. They remember the really bad times so they will look more at what lennon achieved. But the younger fans, who have been brought up with the dream of 10IAR, will feel nothing but anger at the man who lost it

I'm an auld yin and I must say this if lennon had walked on Sunday evening after delivering the quadtrible then he goes off into the sunset as a legend. Now he is losing creditability ever hour he stays. Time to move on don't drag it out you will o ly make matters worse for yourself and the team.

If lennon loses 10IAR then I think his legacy will be tarnished in the eyes of the majority of fans. Look at brendan. What he achieved in his short time but I bet he wouldn't get many pints bought for him up the Gallowgate.
The older fans are more respectful. They remember the really bad times so they will look more at what lennon achieved. But the younger fans, who have been brought up with the dream of 10IAR, will feel nothing but anger at the man who lost it
I really don’t get Lenny. Does he really not see that he can’t fix things (well at least IMO)? What is making him cling on? It can’t be coz he’s short of cash. If he quit now and said ‘OK I’ve taken things as far as I can it’s time to call it a day’ he would earn even more kudos from the support.
Is Lawell asking him to carry on for whatever reason? Nothing that rat and Desmond do would surprise me any more. Neil does not look like a happy camper any more and hasn’t for some time. You don’t owe Lawell anything Neil. Give him some advice about sex and travel and decide what is truly best for you. If you believe that’s hanging on doggedly then so be it but remember this history will show you as the boss who lost the 10 as well as winning the 4x3.

What does the SFA site show for the number of titles they’ve won? Last time I looked it was 54. So according the SFA, SMSM and so on they did not die in 2012. You can say they did until you’re blue in the face (pardon the pun) and you’re just pissing into the wind because you have no way to change that.
So to me 10 does count, not only for the record but to stop them claiming another one.
The site can say whatever they want it to say, liquidation and no exit via a CVA unlike Hearts who recieved one meant the huns died, when a QC and died in the wool Rangers man states they may play in blue and play at Ibrox but this entity has to earn its own history, that does it for me.
If you can buy history then there is going to be a lot of rewriting going on, incidentally whats you view on liquidation and company law and Rangers 1872 incorporated and never uncorporated?

"you’re just pissing into the wind because you have no way to change that."

The truth will always be the truth, a lie will always be a lie, no matter how many times you pretend or try and convince someone its the truth

The medias words not mine below, they saw it, reported it,

Untitled.jpg

The site can say whatever they want it to say, liquidation and no exit via a CVA unlike Hearts who recieved one meant the huns died, when a QC and died in the wool Rangers man states they may play in blue and play at Ibrox but this entity has to earn its own history, that does it for me.
If you can buy history then there is going to be a lot of rewriting going on, incidentally whats you view on liquidation and company law and Rangers 1872 incorporated and never uncorporated?
What is not clear about the fact that the SFA are crediting them with 54 titles? They’re not asking our opinion. We can all contest this till the coos come hame but that’s not influencing anything.
I don’t understand why our club doesn't challenge this..in court if need be. They claim to be the most successful club in the world and this surely has some global image rights attached. I would anticipate there is some financial gain that could be gleaned from this prestigious position. What do you think Lawell?
I think this could be challenged in court (although I’d like a corporate law solicitor’s view here) but don’t understand why we won’t do this.

What is not clear about the fact that the SFA are crediting them with 54 titles? They’re not asking our opinion. We can all contest this till the coos come hame but that’s not influencing anything.
I don’t understand why our club doesn't challenge this..in court if need be. They claim to be the most successful club in the world and this surely has some global image rights attached. I would anticipate there is some financial gain that could be gleaned from this prestigious position. What do you think Lawell?
I think this could be challenged in court (although I’d like a corporate law solicitor’s view here) but don’t understand why we won’t do this.
There is nothing to challenge the case was plaid out in the high court of Glasgow via Craig White the evidence was laid bare, we are not dealing with Law, what is in place is a commercial TV deal which goes to the SFA, so the SFA can tell the TV mob what the TV mob need to sell the deal , but the bottom line is its not company law, the club/co was dealt with, the taxman pulled the plug, no returning from the dead , creditors stiffed the end, players TUPED as contracts ended, only a football club has a licence to play football, the new *TheRangers had to apply for a licence with their new co. they can moon howl all they like, but liquidation and death is what it is, all clubs cannot fuck the punters and then come back or they would all do it and shed massive debts and not pay tax.

One other note of mention, if it was only a company that was changing in a liquidation why would you change the name to Rangers 2012 so that it looks like 2012 that is been liquidated. Unfortunately 2012 had a former name Rangers Football Club Ltd 1872 and an incorporation date and death date.

Club and company as one the company the commercial vehicle and the club the licence to play, both gone.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back