transfer window

Sorry Winter could have texted it better. The point was that they bought good players. Nothing could have been worse than those families who as you rightly texted Winter nearly closed us down. Mind you buying players then and now are very different due to skyrocketing prices and wages. Think we bought Harry Hood from Clyde for close to £30.000. Look what we're getting now a loan player who couldn't lace Hoods boots
Aye allybhoy I kinda guessed that one nae worries

Glad you're confident winter, but at the moment, all roads point to disaster. The feeling around Celtic, the board and the transfers are akin to the Covid season. Yes, we are top at the moment. By 2 points. I may be wrong, but I'm sure we may have been clear by more during the covid year at this point. (Someone will correct me)
We have won 6 in a row. Before this wee run, we hadn't won 3 in a row. Out of the 23 matches we've played this season, you could count on 1 hand how many we've actually blown teams away. There is no sign of us stepping up the gears...its been stop start.
Yes, the huns focus on beating us, not St Mirren.....but they ARE beating St Mirren....and hearts....and Kilmarnock..teams we aren't beating. We have fans living off the fact we have beaten the huns twice. But we are losing points to the teams they are dispatching.
On one hand we have Celtic fans saying the scum are shite and will drop points, while on the other, accepting we aren't playing well but will win the league. Its a bit contradictory.
Brendan said we need quality. That's the manager of the club telling us we aren't good enough and yet here we. A bloated squad full of guys who the manager doesn't believe are good enough......if that's not cause for concern and negativity then I don't know what is.
A said on a post yesterday Lubo this team of projects everyone talks about had us 15 clear at one point?huns lost beale they were rudderless!!!brendan fucked up!!don’t get me wrong a think he’s top drawer,”but he fucked up”a still think we’re a much better side than the hunz and a would rather be five points infront than five behind🤷‍♂️

Think you need too go back further lubo one post doesn't tell the story of this debacle today not even close bud , but if you want to read aw that pish be my guest. In fact the post you're replying to says it , read it, others were talking about sevco, bus passes and blogs , but you need the bus pass to get to the blog , makes total sense eh?

You're right, I've not read all the posts. But what I've read it appears that you've woken up and decided you want an argument today 😂. What I found clear, is the guys you are looking for a yes/no answer from, have, in my opinion, gave quite a detailed and insightful reason to why they feel the way they do. You've in turn have called them negative, insinuated they are huns (I understand this was a bit tongue in cheek) and referred to when someone was born to state they couldn't possibly know what real negativity feels like.
All the posters have said that yes, obviously we can win the league, although it's not a cert. I wish I had your confidence, I really do.
Our manager has said we need quality. It doesn't look like we will be getting it. That's a worry.
Individually, we have better players than the huns.....but the huns have a game plan. We don't. That can be an issue.
All we have to do is look at the Covid season. Is there a single player you would have dropped from Celtic and put a hun player in his place?? Absolutely not. And yet. Slippy gave them an identity and a plan and they won the league.....having the best players doesn't guarantee success....not all the time.

Of course. Why would you think otherwise?
I'm moaning like fuck now because there's still a chance to bring players in. But if there are no more to come then I'll be fully behind the team and the manager, although not the board.
However if I feel the manager isn't doing the best with what he's got, then I'll be moaning like fuck again.
AJ nae offence or offence take it whoever you like but you're always moaning like fuk bud

A said on a post yesterday Lubo this team of projects everyone talks about had us 15 clear at one point?huns lost beale they were rudderless!!!brendan fucked up!!don’t get me wrong a think he’s top drawer,”but he fucked up”a still think we’re a much better side than the hunz and a would rather be five points infront than five behind🤷‍♂️
Of course Esp need to be crazy to think otherwise.

Manager!!!

No one is disputing the points difference.
The issue is that we don't seem to be playing like we know this team can. There's a negativity around the club. And its not fair to put it on the fans. We lost 3 massive players. Our board didn't replace them. They causes that negativity. We have stumbled our way to January, feeding off BR telling us we need quality....that quality isn't coming...Brendan created that negativity. Jackson and the media, fed by Peter Lawwell (in my opinion) attack the Celtic fans constantly. The media create that negativity, and the board allow it.

Sorry Frank you must've missed Shammys response which I was more than happy to accept.
You'll need to go back through the thread though. You thinking I wanted everyone to say yes celtic will win the league?
Not so read back and see for yourself , Shammy said she thinks we've blew it I accepted that answer no quibbles just a thank you for someone one prepared to answer a question.
Go have a read back Frank don't be surprised if you think that suddenly you're reading the beano or similar though.
I don't never have never will force my pov on anyone and I haven't here either.
I actually read Shammy's reply, Winter. My latest response was more to address my own earlier reply. I simply can't summon the confidence to say I think we Will win the title. It would be dishonest and misleading of me to do so.

We certainly have some good, perhaps even very good, players. That doesn't necessarily equate to having a good team.

We also have some very ordinary players.

No one is disputing the points difference.
The issue is that we don't seem to be playing like we know this team can. There's a negativity around the club. And it’s not fair to put it on the fans. We lost 3 massive players. Our board didn't replace them. They causes that negativity. We have stumbled our way to January, feeding off BR telling us we need quality....that quality isn't coming...Brendan created that negativity. Jackson and the media, fed by Peter Lawwell (in my opinion) attack the Celtic fans constantly. The media create that negativity, and the board allow it.
Thing way brendan Lubo is he doesn’t know if his arse is bored or tapped to use a glesga saying,,,one minute he states he needs four quality players then he says he’s happy way what he has??then he defends the board against the fans??we are allowing the hun media to manipulate us and brendan isn’t helping??stop all the underhand innuendo..and be fuckin straight..this same crap happened in the ten season and we had disgraceful scenes outside Celtic park mainly caused by the fuckpig press up here,,,,,season ended on that night for sure….brendan needs to make his fuckin mind up if he’s up to the task!!we have the best squad of players when all fit than anyone else in this league,play a system that suits them🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Think you need too go back further lubo one post doesn't tell the story of this debacle today not even close bud , but if you want to read aw that pish be my guest. In fact the post you're replying to says it , read it, others were talking about sevco, bus passes and blogs , but you need the bus pass to get to the blog , makes total sense eh?
Ally's comment about bus passes was from a bit of banter on here earlier today. It was probably on another thread but you obviously missed the string of posts. To summarise, a group of the auld ones were joking about setting up a Pensioner's Noise Forum and you'd need a bus pass as proof to be allowed in.

I think a lot of us are scunnered at the moment whether it is the transfer window, private matters or just going through a very very long January. Once we snatch Messi & Mbappe (as back up to Kyogo & Oh) in the final minutes of the window and annihilate allcomers as we ease to a double, then I'm sure we'll all be happy and sweet (even kelly on his auld tractor).

I've never seen Rodgers as a man of great principle. He left last time because he wasn't being backed by the board. But would he have left if he hadn't got an offer from Leicester ?

So as I see it Rodgers is making as much noise as he can about the lack of quality signings, without completely alienating himself from the board.

I like the huns new manager, but would I swap him for Rodgers ? No way.

So whatever happens in the next 5 hours we will come out of the window, possibly having done the worst, but still with the best manager and the best players.

We just need to make them the best team

Members online

Latest posts

Back