toljan

Agree get Simo and Ajer as the CH rest of the season unless now Frauds off he wants to stay because canny see a rush to buy him.

HH ☘️?
The last few weeks has seen Boyota back to his bombscare best. He looked great after World Cup, where he obviously had to concentrate for the full 90 mins in each game. I guess he doesn't feel that he has to do that anymore. I have never had great confidence in him because i shudder to remember what he was like before the WC. I still think we should have sold him when there was the possibility of some kind of return.

Ralston had a very good game up against Neymar. That was an acid test - I think he'll be our right-back for a good few years if we can keepp him fit and progressing.

Not sure what you class as a good game, Neymar ripped him apart...done him like a kipper for a goal that got disallowed, then done him exactly the same shortly after to score. Neymar didn't break sweat and we got thrashed. Ok he faced him up, instead of learning he tried to make it physical and still came off way 2nd best. Ralston has a huge amount of learning to do if he hopes to claim a regular spot.

:) Of course you give people time
but behave, it was only his debut as a late sub in a dour match where Henrik made a poor pass and Charnley scored a screamer,followed by a own goal in a easy win in Europe, otherwise every fan who could see or hear knew he was special and many did before he kicked a ball for Celtic.
Even the remotest thought of a comparison is more comedy than insult! Henrik was hot property, a known player across Europe, had played some time in the last world cup in what was a fantastic side! Sweden already regarded him for years prior as the best prospect they had in years! only reason we got him was because of a fall out at Feyenoord and Wim!

Did you actually see him play in Germany or have any highlights of his very limited previous in Germany?
Be interesting to see them, because before he joined I searched for and watched all, and the highlights more than suggest what he has shown to date for us, some potential bombing forward but no highlights actually defending.
If he was a midfielder, would not be as concerned because he would not be getting much game time with the choice and quality we have, the concern is he was signed as a right back.

Hope we have one but just don't think we have. Anyway good news is Ralston is back training and doubt Toljan will start a game over Ralston once Lenny confirms what he saw last night and likely as a genuine fan, witnessed watching him against Motherwell and Valencia, all his last few games where Toljan in the right back defensive position, under direct pressure has looked suspect and lacking a natural defenders awareness, been left for lost and left pulling at shirts more than one time each match.

Hope I'm wrong about Toljan, and think again as I have for Ralston, certainly not over impressed with him on debut, but difference is he was very raw because he is very young, when he started a game for us he was a kid in a man's body, but anyone can see he is built to be a defender in Scotland, and now even with his limited few more chances, he does look the part and possibly a real player in there for us. Ralston is a tough agrressive rock very similar to the KT mould.
Toljan isn't of that mould, and no coaching is going to stretch him for the SPFL, so he needs some magic quick defending feet and and awareness he has shown no signs of to date in similar game time to Ralston.

If you have those highllights from Germany where Toljan can be seen a defender in the professional adult game, be great to see.

Yeez aw fancied him at the start.

So he isn’t built like the bhoys, is a bit lightweight but i disagree with he ain’t got skills. He’s good going forward has pace, was going round opponents at the start and yes not so good on defence which lets him down.

But to basically make out he’s a banger is a bit fkn harsh bhoys.

Not aimed at anyone in particular just my thoughts on the general consensus.

My opinion only. ?

He's got everything we need as an attacking defender ,lightweight yep and has been caught out a few times but so has Tierney
He's only just in the door but is defo better than we have and i don't Ralston improving any more than he has , watched him at DU and wasn't impressed
Lustiq needed a rest i was getting burnt out

Interesting to see if we keep Toljan or we promote from within

Don't mind him really. Not a bad player. We were spoiled for years with lustig giving his best years.
I've said it from years back that he could of held a spot in a bigger club. I considered ML as top top player. Played against the best and held it well for years. We were lucky to have him. Loved the overlapping with Mathews when they played together fit. What a right sided defense we had, could attack and was solid. I'd need Toljan to stick his head above the parapet and do something of note before I'd want to chuck the £5m or more needed

Not that impressed with what i've seen so far from him if i'm being honest noticed he gives the ball away a lot and he's clearly no the best defensively ,not any better than we already have but hope he improves .

Not sure what you class as a good game, Neymar ripped him apart...done him like a kipper for a goal that got disallowed, then done him exactly the same shortly after to score. Neymar didn't break sweat and we got thrashed. Ok he faced him up, instead of learning he tried to make it physical and still came off way 2nd best. Ralston has a huge amount of learning to do if he hopes to claim a regular spot.
Neymar. A £200M player ripped him apart? Oh, right then let's bin him. If he can't do it in a one off game against the most costly player on the planet then he's no use to us.

Gie yersel peace.

Neymar. A £200M player ripped him apart? Oh, right then let's bin him. If he can't do it in a one off game against the most costly player on the planet then he's no use to us.

Gie yersel peace.

Got to say theta makes sound sense ??

Hail Hail T.S,ralston along with broony wiz the only one who turned up for the battle against sevco!!!!

Michael, my friend, gonna take that freaky looking moniker down. ??

C’mon pal. Do it for me yer pal ?

Not convinced about him either. Some good touches going forward, but as a defender I think the jury is out. But, the jury was out when Lustig first arrived, so the lad needs time. I hope he does it. Still leaves with getting a permanent solution when he leaves and so far I can’t see us splashing cash on him.

Toljan has been ok, not great. I'd hope we can sign better for less in the summer.

Chat about Lenny bringing back Lustig is hopefully nonsense (though I can see it happening). Lustig has been a brilliant Celtic player but he plays like an invalid now and costs us goals.

When's Ralston back? He might be the best solution till the summer.

Back