The photograph thread

Here is a very interesting image I"d love to share. I will admit that it isn't mine but I know that the owner will be too humble to share it on here.

View attachment 25428

"Lennono stands out as one of the top photographers within our group, bringing an exceptional level of knowledge and skill to wildlife photography. His expertise spans both the technical aspects and the artistic nuances of capturing nature's beayt, making his work truly remarkable. Beyond his professional accomplishments, Lennono is deeply aligned with our group's purpose, offering not just his photography skills but also his passion and dedication as a great friend and supporter of our cause"

Congratulations, pal. It is fully deserved and you should be very, very proud of this fantastic achievement in recognition of your wonderful photographs. 🍀☘️🍀
Nice words mate!!,and a very well done lennono well deserved mate,,keep they snaps coming👍🍀🍀🍀

White Tailed Eagle. Scotland's largest predator. 8 feet wingspan.

View attachment 25446
Super shot lennono and shows the feathers in flight in great detail.
Those feathers over its legs look almost like shin pads , mibbees use those feathers to slow and land from high and low speeds but how each part of its body appears feathered differently is excellent, the physique is something else.
8 Feet wingspan is guaranteed to take anyones breath away given our wingspan = our height approximately and I know no-one that's 8ft tall or even close.
Magnificent creature that means business well done mate 👍

Last edited:
Weird the things light can do to a camera.
On Troon beach yesterday , nae huge beached jellyfish this time but I caught this plane flying overhead just after take off from Prestwick. They're every couple of minutes planes of all types, civilian, military,unmarked, private, gets intrusive after a while, anyway,
I could barely see the screen with the sun but I just hit it anyway and got this.
It's like the plane is flying towards a vortex of light and a wee planet/galaxy at the top spinning away like a spinning top leaking atmosphere into space like Saturn's rings.
Its not though 😅
Guessing it actually is the sun's reflection? 🤷🏻‍♂️
There's a word for that I can't remember it though and I'm trying to stop googling answers to things I already know, makes the brain lazy. 😄

Screenshot_20240325_182747_Gallery.jpg

Edit; the word isnae deludamol just saying .

Last edited:
White Tailed Eagle. Scotland's largest predator. 8 feet wingspan.

View attachment 25446
Lennono your photos continue to impress mate.
I might be alone but I watch "love your weekend " on a Sunday morning on the telly.
It has a regular slot on it for photos of wildlife and countryside sent in from the public played every week.
Would be great to see some of your gems on there.
You could even use your ID from the noise ...here's the email address to attach a photo if you fancied it mate. Just describe it with your name and send.
weekend@pennylanetv.com.

I might be alone but I watch "love your weekend " on a Sunday morning on the telly.
It has a regular slot on it for photos of wildlife and countryside sent in from the public played every week.
Would be great to see some of your gems on there.
Thanks for that Mag7. I'll have a look at that. Probably better posting a 'nice' image and not one like this. Although some people get 'upset' about this kind of stuff, it is completely natural. I got lucky coming across this, and made the best of it. I got real close. More than 100 shots from when it caught the Starling, plucking it, the kill, eating some, then flying away with the rest. To me, this is Raw Wildlife. This image shows what is called 'The Mantling' when the Male Sparrowhawk covers it's prey, before the kill.
Probably not one for a Sunday morning though.

431539602_2739995826151603_1836076690486496202_n.jpg

Thanks for that Mag7. I'll have a look at that. Probably better posting a 'nice' image and not one like this. Although some people get 'upset' about this kind of stuff, it is completely natural. I got lucky coming across this, and made the best of it. I got real close. More than 100 shots from when it caught the Starling, plucking it, the kill, eating some, then flying away with the rest. To me, this is Raw Wildlife. This image shows what is called 'The Mantling' when the Male Sparrowhawk covers it's prey, before the kill.
Probably not one for a Sunday morning though.

View attachment 25457
Excellent mate , Starlings might be wee but they're aggressive wee things as well.
Aye these days weans will get a ' possibly traumatic imagery' warning appeasing bs wokery. Another great photie 👍

Took this one a while back when the wee yin was over, these two are inseparable and when Liliana shows me what she's learned lately at her jujitsu academy, Georgia gets involved on her side and the game's over ;-) Rear naked choke and I taught her how to do a leg sweep, which she uses on me quite regularly...teach them young, and they'll never be taken advantage of, instill determination and respect, she's going to be her papa's bodyguard when she's older lolLily and Georgia 2 .jpg

I like to keep an eye out and look for unusual sightings on my forages , like this puffball mushroom , don't see them too often. These are actually edible but not this one, any sign of yellowing or discolouring will give you the runs for sure so I stick to snapping them and the liberty caps I snap up but never all of them , that's poor foraging and will damage the mycelium network

View attachment 25407
Is that Sean’s golf baw

HH😱

Members online

Latest posts

Back