Scott Brown 100% legend

no kidding, small world
My folks were extras in the film
Some good laughs came out of it
HH
A small world indeed ? my ma's sadly passed 2 years ago but grew up with Frankie she used to tell me of how as a waen he would grab the Hoover handle or the brush and sing pretending to be some star lol. Before she passed through illness she wanted to knowthat he was ok as they hadn't seen each other for years and asked me to contact him for her. Obviously I said ok ma but thought how the helldo I contact Frankie Miller on the other side of the world. I found a Frankie fan site on YouTube or Google and in the contact us part of the home page I wrote away and my wee ma got her response from frankies wife first saying how he often spoke of her wondered how she was etc, followed by more emails from ma's other lost touch of cousins then Frankie himself. I had to read them out for her the emails but it melted my heart and all her cousins long time heard or seen of phoning her wanting to catch up. The funny thing is that my ma never really wanted to catch up but she wanted to know in her mid 70s that she still had family out there with the same memories as her. It was really touching heartwarming to see the satisfaction in her face when she got all those replies from people/family she wasn't even sure if they were still alive. Mothers day is a difficult time for us as it is for anyone who's lost their ma. All you can do is remember the good times and treasure them. Celtic beating rangers on Sunday for my family and I truly was beautiful for many reasons and ma wouldve loved it cos she was always one for saying "If there's a minute left Celtic are still in the game haha (even though she preferred tennis) ☺ HH

A small world indeed ? my ma's sadly passed 2 years ago but grew up with Frankie she used to tell me of how as a waen he would grab the Hoover handle or the brush and sing pretending to be some star lol. Before she passed through illness she wanted to knowthat he was ok as they hadn't seen each other for years and asked me to contact him for her. Obviously I said ok ma but thought how the helldo I contact Frankie Miller on the other side of the world. I found a Frankie fan site on YouTube or Google and in the contact us part of the home page I wrote away and my wee ma got her response from frankies wife first saying how he often spoke of her wondered how she was etc, followed by more emails from ma's other lost touch of cousins then Frankie himself. I had to read them out for her the emails but it melted my heart and all her cousins long time heard or seen of phoning her wanting to catch up. The funny thing is that my ma never really wanted to catch up but she wanted to know in her mid 70s that she still had family out there with the same memories as her. It was really touching heartwarming to see the satisfaction in her face when she got all those replies from people/family she wasn't even sure if they were still alive. Mothers day is a difficult time for us as it is for anyone who's lost their ma. All you can do is remember the good times and treasure them. Celtic beating rangers on Sunday for my family and I truly was beautiful for many reasons and ma wouldve loved it cos she was always one for saying "If there's a minute left Celtic are still in the game haha (even though she preferred tennis) ☺ HH
WOW, that's some story mate
Goosebumps reading it, very emotive
It's testament to your ma that she thought of Frankie and wanted to know he was OK
He's been through a lot as I found out when I researched after watching the film over 40 years ago
Withmy mum and dad being in it, I wanted a copy and my mate in Australia, had a copy which he sent me, it was very dark due to the bad lighting, so when I was home I mentioned it to another mate from Greenock and he said 'I see big Peter all the time he drinks in the Ex-Servicmen's, I'll get you a copy'
I treasure that film, because my Ma and Da, died in the 80's and I see my old man in the scene when the fight starts in the pub
Not a great pic, but that's my wee Da (with the Elvis and sideburns) rising and making for the exit, when it all kicks off
ENJOY mate

Attachments

• Dad in Just a Boys Game .jpg
    Dad in Just a Boys Game .jpg
    666.1 KB · Views: 3
enjoyed that mate ?some pals they 2 wur ?
Yeah and the bold Rab C as the living legend

'Gunfight at the Sugarhoose Lane'
Sugarhouse Lane was a lane in Greenock, so a lot of the stuff is pertinent to locals (like me)
Back in my day, it was Stayprest troosers, Terry's shoes, Ben Sherman shirts and big wide ties and lapels on your suit jaiket, Crombie coats etc
Fab times lol
HH

Sugarhouse Lane was a lane in Greenock, so a lot of the stuff is pertinent to locals (like me)
Back in my day, it was Stayprest troosers, Terry's shoes, Ben Sherman shirts and big wide ties and lapels on your suit jaiket, Crombie coats etc
Fab times lol
HH
A very young Rab haha wore a Ben Sherman myself mate late 90s ?

Fab times lol
HH
Sharpest trousers haha fs

Meanwhile, over on Fester Fester, a guy who seems to be overdosing on the old Deludemol, is saying Johnny Doyle had more class that Broon, NFL and Griff and would never have acted like they do.
Well I've got news for you, the late great Johnny Doyle would have had a smile as wide as the Clyde watching Broony winding your team up ya clown.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back