Salzburg Coach allegedly in the frame.

Nobody gonna argue with that, but still Celtic gave him the platform and he was snaking along behind the scenes with a budhist mantra pretending butter wouldn't melt.

Worth remembering the chasm of wealth he had over every other team too. But still he wanted more and more and more and pretended he was in it for long run while double talk snaking his way out the backdoor on a moonlight shadow.

I prefer honest straight talkers at Celtic.

If you are looking for honest straight talkers as successful managers, then you will wait for a long time. The insecurities of the job and the need for quick results caters to con men. We will see if Lenny can do as well as Rodgers. While I like him im not one hundred percent sold just yet. A third treble might work wonders for my resolution.

Failing a third treble to Lenny, however, I will take results over straight shooting any day. its a dog eat dog world in football and Celtic are in a battle for survival that depends on continuing to get the results we have been getting. So if our next permanent manager is a bit devious im good with it as long as he gets results.

And as far as honest straight talkers at Celtic.....im not sure Lawwell qualifies. His actions or lack thereof on Resolution 12 and other issues have been obfuscatory and devious consistently. He is our liar without doubt but far from a straight shooter.

nothing much there to disagree with TET

. my disagreements with the board are on what the definition of keeping the club healthy is. the incredible pots available for modest european success werent there in fergus era. people have to live in the era they are in and not some perfect past. strategies must adapt to conditions.

really you and i are arguing over net 5mm or so expenditures for buying two really good center backs with upside and selling boyata on instead of hoping and praying he would reup in his last year. its the rigid approach that i dont like not the underlying principles.

and the other issue is that i think we should buy and groom replacements BEFORE the players leave rather than waiting till they do and then scrambling. Boyata was a mess when we got him and took at least a year to get on track.

i like lenny and think he will do well too. i have always liked lenny. but he walked away from us once for much the same reasons Rodgers did....didnt feel we were ready to spend to insure that we would qualify for the cl. so its an issue for us with any manager not just for a mercenary.

and rodgers definitely is a slider. the best managers often are...mourinho etc are no prizes as human beings. being ruthless and a con man goes with the territory im afraid. expectations run very high and you are hired to be fired.

he was not a bust at bringing players in...dembele, boyata, roberts, french eddy, ntcham were prizes. he really didnt bring that many in. our transfer budgets werent very big. sevco usually outspent us. where he excelled was developing what we already had...rogic, mcgregor simunovic etc etc etc. even broony got better, getting a second golden age.

and re limited funds he did fine at celtic. winning every trophy you are in, undefeated in a league season, sixty nine straight domestic wins, two trebles in two years well on for a third. and qualified for the cl groups two years in three. you dont have to like the man to respect the results. if he waited till close season and moved on you could rest with that. his manner of leaving was way beyond despicable but taking the passion out of the equation it was fun while it lasted.

look the guy is a grade A asshole but he left us much better than he found us

you and i are closer in view than you might think. i am a bit of a counterintuitive thinker and look for balanced views on everything so when emotions run hard like they are with celtic fans right now i tend to lean against the wind. think ajax model and we will be fine.

Sevco outspent us according to msm

I doubt they paid as much for any of their signings.

Celtic however have doubled the op costs to 87 million last year

sevco turnover is 30 million last year

that's 59 million player wages last season compared to around 34 under Ronnie.

so no sure about sevco outspending us

most of their signings are bosmans and loans

I think Ronnie squad was made better by Rodgers but still think Ronnie could spot talent better than Rodgers. just couldn't gel them or convince them to win the trebles.

But who knows maybe Rodgers got best out of Ronnies players.

Big Ronnie was honest though and for that I will respect the man much more than ill remember Rodgers.

Rodgers done well but the amount of cash he got for it was excessive
With the gulf in wealth Celtic should be winning mostly every trophy every season. So long may that continue.

But it might just make the league even less competitive over time and like Jock stein said without fans Football is nothing.

So I hope big money scamming in football ends the clique and brings back the competition

"i like lenny and think he will do well too. i have always liked lenny. but he walked away from us once for much the same reasons Rodgers did....didnt feel we were ready to spend to insure that we would qualify for the cl. so its an issue for us with any manager not just for a mercenary."
I dont think BR left because the funds were not there for him to achieve a CL qualification, i think he left for Liecester money and not a vision of taking Liecester anywhere, thats a no goer. I think achieving a CL spot was there for him but to be honest and now the blinkers of in BR we trust is gone, we begin to see how shite some of his performances were in Europe, the board i believe if they were honest would probably in hindsight believe had they gave Lennon the same funds, he would get us over the line all the time. He did it against Barca with guys like Tony Watt and he created an atmosphere that blew Barca away a feat that had their players comment on the atmosphere and describe it as the best they have ever witnessed, no mean feat.

perhaps you are right. perhaps i am. but what he said was "i have taken celtic as far as I can" which is usually code for they wont spend on players to make the team better so im leaving" If nothing else BR knows manager-speak. As to what is in his heart I dont think either of us has a better chance of knowing. its all a guess.

perhaps you are right. perhaps i am. but what he said was "i have taken celtic as far as I can" which is usually code for they wont spend on players to make the team better so im leaving" If nothing else BR knows manager-speak. As to what is in his heart I dont think either of us has a better chance of knowing. its all a guess.

Or means i am out of dodge the guy up the road is offering me 147 000 per week, i'll just give the fans the usual cliche taking you as far as i can. No problem BR loser at least you have confirmed your limitations some though you were the messiah but you are really just a naughty boy.

Anybody who sneaks off in middle of the night having said he here for long term makes Rodgers a glib and shameless liar. And anybody who works under one of those is asking to be used abused and discarded.

its a sign of serious mental illness.

its called psychopathy

lying to deliberately deceive in glib and shameless manner, with excessive self believe way beyond talent, impulsive, unable to accept blame or fault, excessive aesthetics, excessive love of money, no efficiency, way over the top, superficial charm, grandiose self worth, take credit for others talent, blame others for own errors.

All good sevco men traits.

Sevco outspent us according to msm

I doubt they paid as much for any of their signings.

Celtic however have doubled the op costs to 87 million last year

sevco turnover is 30 million last year

that's 59 million player wages last season compared to around 34 under Ronnie.

so no sure about sevco outspending us

most of their signings are bosmans and loans

I think Ronnie squad was made better by Rodgers but still think Ronnie could spot talent better than Rodgers. just couldn't gel them or convince them to win the trebles.

But who knows maybe Rodgers got best out of Ronnies players.

Big Ronnie was honest though and for that I will respect the man much more than ill remember Rodgers.

Rodgers done well but the amount of cash he got for it was excessive
With the gulf in wealth Celtic should be winning mostly every trophy every season. So long may that continue.

But it might just make the league even less competitive over time and like Jock stein said without fans Football is nothing.

So I hope big money scamming in football ends the clique and brings back the competition

no sevco spent on numbers but a buck is a buck. their spend was bigger than ours both years with or without the bosmans and then they spent even more on settlements to off the mistakes, which were about 90 pct of those in the door.

ronnie was honest and we dumped him and the fans loved it when he did. the fans drove him out.

re op costs: remember we pay taxes on declared profits. therefore smart clubs inflate expenses in big revenue years for non cash items to avoid being taxed. celtic's expenses are heavily managed in that way. watch the ebitda line. when a business is bought or sold thats what the buyer looks at. we are very healthy there which tells you expenses are WAAY overstated. business as usual and Lawwell's true forte. celtic will NEVER declare a big profit but the cash balances will continue to grow.

the league is not tenable with 40 teams. as a celtic fan you cant control the league and you cant fix it. there should be maybe 12 teams in the whole country. then you would get a decent competitive league. Long term we need to get better access to tv revenue through a cross border shift of some sort. Right now we need to earn prizes and accumulate cash for the day it comes. the spfl is fucked and we have to get out eventually but not before we have a lot more trophies than sevco :)

no sevco spent on numbers but a buck is a buck. their spend was bigger than ours both years with or without the bosmans and then they spent even more on settlements to off the mistakes, which were about 90 pct of those in the door.

ronnie was honest and we dumped him and the fans loved it when he did. the fans drove him out.

re op costs: remember we pay taxes on declared profits. therefore smart clubs inflate expenses for non cash items to avoid being taxed. celtic's expenses are heavily managed in that way. watch the ebitda line. when a business is bought or sold thats what the buyer looks at. we are very healthy there which tells you expenses are WAAY overstated. business as usual and Lawwell's true forte. celtic will NEVER declare a big profit but the cash balances will continue to grow.

the league is not tenable with 40 teams. as a celtic fan you cant control the league and you cant fix it. there should be maybe 12 teams in the whole country. then you would get a decent competitive league. Long term we need to get better access to tv revenue through a cross border shift of some sort. Right now we need to earn prizes and accumulate cash for the day it comes. the spfl is fucked and we have to get out eventually but not before we have a lot more trophies than sevco :)
our op costs doubled by 35 million over 2 seasons not including player purchases.

Anybody who sneaks off in middle of the night having said he here for long term makes Rodgers a glib and shameless liar. And anybody who works under one of those is asking to be used abused and discarded.

its a sign of serious mental illness.

its called psychopathy

lying to deliberately deceive in glib and shameless manner, with excessive self believe way beyond talent, impulsive, unable to accept blame or fault, excessive aesthetics, excessive love of money, no efficiency, way over the top, superficial charm, grandiose self worth, take credit for others talent, blame others for own errors.

All good sevco men traits.
it is very possible that every manager in the epl now that wenger is gone is a sociopath with psychopathic overtones.

it is very possible that half the british parliament are psychopaths. especially this parliament.

lots of ceos of successful companies are borderline or outright psycopaths. anybody who digs firing people has more than a touch of that in them.

in the end we have to win football games. that is the key. everything else is regrettable but not critical. FACT.

The key to our sucess is our board
Financial Highlights

• Group revenue increased by 12.1% to £101.6m (2017: £90.6m)

• Operating expenses including labour increased by 14.1% to £87.1m (2017: £76.3m)

• Gain on sale of player registrations of £16.5m (2017: £2.3m)

• Acquisition of player registrations of £16.6m (2017: £13.8m)

• Profit before taxation of £17.3m (2017: £6.9m)

• Year-end cash net of bank borrowings of £36.1m (2017: £17.9m)

• Year-end net cash, net of debt and debt like items, of £27.0m (2017: £13.4m)

20 million increase first season 15 million more next

that's 55million in just 2 seasons before a player was bought.

Sevco didn't come close to that
Our player roster aged successfully and was paid accordingly. 55mm is roughly what Ajax spent this year. Business as usual

The key to our sucess is our board
Financial Highlights

• Group revenue increased by 12.1% to £101.6m (2017: £90.6m)

• Operating expenses including labour increased by 14.1% to £87.1m (2017: £76.3m)

• Gain on sale of player registrations of £16.5m (2017: £2.3m)

• Acquisition of player registrations of £16.6m (2017: £13.8m)

• Profit before taxation of £17.3m (2017: £6.9m)

• Year-end cash net of bank borrowings of £36.1m (2017: £17.9m)

• Year-end net cash, net of debt and debt like items, of £27.0m (2017: £13.4m)
our board needs some adjustments.

it is very possible that every manager in the epl now that wenger is gone is a sociopath with psychopathic overtones.

it is very possible that half the british parliament are psychopaths. especially this parliament.

lots of ceos of successful companies are borderline or outright psycopaths. anybody who digs firing people has more than a touch of that in them.

in the end we have to win football games. that is the key. everything else is regrettable but not critical. FACT.
Well the games a bogey then.

And it will die sooner rather than later.

Because psychopaths can't work with empaths and psychopaths cannot obey anyone so team is over.

its no sport then

And in world run by psychos money becomes worthless and the nukes will fly

Our player roster aged successfully and was paid accordingly. 55mm is roughly what Ajax spent this year. Business as usual
See you can't stay on topic.

I'm talking sevco v Celtic expenses and rather than admit we dwarfed sevco with expenses you switched to Ajax again.

they get bigger bang for their buck.
they get access to cheaper better talent eager to play in that league.

we can offer better wages but less first team chances and probably less talented coaches in a colder country against teams who can't afford to keep grass let alone good players.

And you want more money to crush these Diddy teams?

Heres a daft question.

Manhattan, which areas in football are you out of your depth?

See you can't stay on topic.

I'm talking sevco v Celtic expenses and rather than admit we dwarfed sevco with expenses you switched to Ajax again.

they get bigger bang for their buck.
they get access to cheaper better talent eager to play in that league.

we can offer better wages but less first team chances and probably less talented coaches in a colder country against teams who can't afford to keep grass let alone good players.

And you want more money to crush these Diddy teams?

i dont think your analysis of the dutch league is that correct. Yes they are better but not overwhelmingly so It is a triopoly rather than a duopoly like ours.

And they may get a better crack than we do at talented 19 year olds but there are more than enough to go around.

The kids want to show their stuff in Europe in the CL and that is the selling point for Celtic. Ajax doesnt make the one of the dutch leagues CL spots every year because there arent three spots even available. Celtic can...or could assure people that they were in with a reasonable seed and were making the groups regularly under the current regime....until this year.

Back