R.I.P. Sinead.

What a very sad loss. I always felt Sinead displayed the full gambit of human emotion. Anger, for sure. The struggle between loving life, and yet at the same time trying several times to end it.

Being subjected to abuse, both physical and sexual as a youngster, I would think, have played a big part in her mental illness at different stages of her all too short ife.

There's a terrific article by Simon Hattenstone ( The Guardian, I think) ) where he probably sums up the tragic story ...

"perhaps the most heartbreaking thing about her dying so young is its inevitability"

A victim as much as anything else. I hope she has found peace.

Last edited:
R I P Sinead. You were beautiful soul who went through mental health issues, I see celebrities praising your fight against everything you saw wrong with the world. But as Morrisly said where were you when she needed you. Tributes all well and good but hypocrisy we don't need. Rest with your son in great peace and thank you for being yourself. The world will miss you.🙏🙏🙏🙏

Shuhada' Sadaqat (previously Magda Davitt; born Sinéad Marie Bernadette O'Connor.
Why did she change her name to Sinead O'connor?

I mind when she shaved her hair off and the result was stunningly beautiful, had a crush on Magda must admit.

Poor lass suffered terribly losing her 17yr old son last year.

That song , 'nothing compares 2 U ' was/is a beautiful song and moreso when you become aware of its meaning , I didn't know until recently that Prince wrote that song but she owned it R.IP

This is all over irish radio and papers today. Talking about how great she was. The exact same media that fuckin treated her like shite. Shower of fuckin hypocrites.
No doubt an unbelievable talent, but a very troubled soul.
Very troubled Deadner. Those who are coming out with all these good things to say about are scum ,where were they when she needed support help from those same people.Sinead never got it rest in peace my beautiful soul.🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

You know Ghirls and Bhoys I'm so delighted that you are all given the greatest tributes out there for Sinead a troubled soul. You all make me proud as there is no hypocrisy shown from the members of the noise. Celebrities wake up smell the coffee you let her down, where we you all when she needed help, too busy making money and sticking two 🤞 up. Sinead my darling rest in peace with your beautiful boy. 🙏🙏

I was never really a big fan of Sinead's music, but her voice was beautiful and I admired her rebellious attitude and standing up for her beliefs (even if I didn't always agree with everything she said). She suffered a lot of heartache and it was a tragedy that sadness dominated her life since her son took his own life.

Sky Showcase/Documentaries were debuting a documentary about her this coming Saturday night. It was made by a journalist who has known her closely since before she became famous. I assume it will still be shown and will be even more poignant after yesterday's tragic events.

365631478_671960431634170_4716634943950699112_n.jpg

Members online

Back