Pre Season Games

Preseason friendly or not.. if we can lose 6 goals against a moderate team then wtf will happen against the likes of Citeh/Bayern in the CL.
Just not good enough..period.
😡😡
This is a training to get fit excercise and these players know that that’s what preseason is about.
They’re not a moderate team bud they’re top of their league.
Again anther 90 plus minutes of fitness same with the next game then home for more warm ups it’s also good for the manager to see the strength and weaknesses of the players
Thought Taylor was way off as was Haksabanovic but there was some great performances from Hatate and Maeda as well as Abada.
Also thought at least 3/4 goals were offside
And Oh was bundled over any real game that’s a penalty.
So all in all fitness ✔️
Onto the next match ✔️
No more injuries 🙏
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

The big plus of this is that Rodgers has now she first hand just how woeful our defensive unit is without CV. We need another quality central defender immediately. Alsi, I would jeep Scales over Kobiashi.
Without a doubt POD the biggest wake-up call we have had in a long time.
I knew Carter Vickers would be missed before the huns 3-0 game but I only realised how badly we cant do without him today, Starfelt and Kobyashi do not gel, This was not a great team we played today this was a very fit team we played so maybe we can say this was our get out of jail today card because of the difference in fitness levels.. If we are to pick up where we left off last season then we need a strong replacement to play beside Carter Vickers, a strong left back,and a solid midfielder..
That will get us through till January,maybe by then Bobo Jnr will have appeared..

HH

This is a training to get fit excercise and these players know that that’s what preseason is about.
They’re not a moderate team bud they’re top of their league.
Again anther 90 plus minutes of fitness same with the next game then home for more warm ups it’s also good for the manager to see the strength and weaknesses of the players
Thought Taylor was way off as was Haksabanovic but there was some great performances from Hatate and Maeda as well as Abada.
Also thought at least 3/4 goals were offside
And Oh was bundled over any real game that’s a penalty.
So all in all fitness ✔️
Onto the next match ✔️
No more injuries 🙏
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀
I would be happy to be wrong again JamSam67 if what you said proves to be right but unfortunately I have my doubts about a few of these Bhoys,I dont doubt their skill I doubt their consistency, as we know to be winners we need to be consistent,the tale end of last season is a reminder to us that we need to be on our game every game.

HH

Aye its a friendly , aye were only 3 games in they're ½way through
Still this was the glamour game and imo we should've played the best we have, whilst not risking players too much.

Used the Osaka game to give the young kids a game since many played against Portimonense.

10 goals some game, really enjoyed that but I'd liked us to have taken it a little bit more seriously than our second half side and last ¼s performance seemed to have indicated.

I'm not complaining, well I am a wee bit, but I'm also aware we must protect our main men and give the kids a chance.

That said , you want to win these games ( I want to win these games, high profile ones friendly ir not )it was played at great pace though Id've been happy with a draw i thought it was plain to see that the Injection of the number of kids halfway to the last 20 minutes onto the field showed in experience or the lack of rather.

Seigrist was left exposed at all bar perhaps one of the goals he conceded at his near post so whilst not impressed by his performance, hard to criticise him for those goals conceded.

Summers looks good , not good enough yet to hold down a position imo though, or to break into the team even, other than some minutes at the end of some SPL/domestic cup games we have won with 10 minutes left I can't see anymore than that for him this season might be worth loaning out for a season.

We were good , far better than I expected all things considered but our B and fringe team ( which it mostly was) latter second half weren't good enough, i would like to watch that game again.
Was an exciting friendly , disgusted with muscat 's player time wasting in a friendly.
Some things never change ( just the venue they play in is the same and the attitude) he'll hate taking part in a Celtic promotion that's not involving Ange anymore.

Rodgers will have learned a lot from this but I won't hide my disappointment at believing this was the wrong game for those changes as we were better than them in their stadium up until those factors came into play around 70 minutes.
Could see our circumstances taking their toll around then.

One of our goals looked VARy offside but the penalty on Oh ?
Don't need to see that twice to guess biasedly it was one ( Japanese no likey Koreans) .

Very happy with our first 65-70 minute display and think we'd beat them in competitive fixture at full strength even taking into account the probably 15, 000 -20 , 000 crowd in a huge 72k stadium .
I also think that they will feel the same ( relief) , aye they won but where they are at in the season and fitness to us it was clear to see the joy on their faces at the end, that for me said it all.
An achievement for them beating us , a top European club.

Couldn't see the crowds majority numbers because some fool seems to have installed TV platforms in the main stand at every stadium in the world meaning we never see the majority of those who turned up cos the cameras are facing wrong way , so could only see the bottom tiers but main stand would've been full to near full.

Great to hear the number of bhoys singing " Celtic Glasgow! " so we know plenty of the troops were there.
Even if we didn't get a good look at them unless I missed it.

Aye its small gripes for a friendly and those present won't forget that game in a hurry.

Harts going to have to cut out the usual , him and startlefoot.
Hart especially for its not guaranteed he's our no1 for the season to come, yet, regardless of how big a personality he is in the dressing room we simply cannot afford that in Europe, startlefoot as well though he can be forgiven knowing jacynta never made breakfast jammy... .....toast and jammy breakfast.

Impressive Celtic given we've only been on a plane for the majority of the last few days.

Minor gripes, not enough kids up to standard ,major positives our main men more than so.

Enjoyed that bar the result as I honestly believe we has that game until the early second half and wanted to beat them in their own backyard.

I think we showed enough to let it be seen in the first hour that regardless of how good they are we are better.

I'd place them top 3or 4 in SPFL division .

Keep the faith and give our main men more time if possible in high profile games.

That'll do for now HH 🍀

(Part 1/25 )

Last edited:
5-3 now. Poor back post defending from the youngster
A quite intense pre season game(opposition half-way through their season). Hatate looks the business already, Starfelt disnae know what to do with the ball( good pace and a decent defender). Early days but we were playing decent football until all the subs came on, usual pre season stuff.
I know it's early but we need a centre back and a keeper not a plethora of wingers.
looking forward to Sat. The Big test will be Wolves in Dublin.

Without a doubt POD the biggest wake-up call we have had in a long time.
I knew Carter Vickers would be missed before the huns 3-0 game but I only realised how badly we cant do without him today, Starfelt and Kobyashi do not gel, This was not a great team we played today this was a very fit team we played so maybe we can say this was our get out of jail today card because of the difference in fitness levels.. If we are to pick up where we left off last season then we need a strong replacement to play beside Carter Vickers, a strong left back,and a solid midfielder..
That will get us through till January,maybe by then Bobo Jnr will have appeared..

HH
Well Respectfully GS , I'm slightly surprised by that reaction.
Not at losing , I thought it was a big ask in short time and travel included etc.

Still it's nothing new, we've known this for sometime about our defense.

This is not an ordinary team this is Japanese champions on their home turf and our kids couldn't cut it (jmo) in the time they had which isn't surprising to me , our kids mostly V their internationals.

We're this competitive, fact scrub that we're better than them and think they know it, how many sides will hit them like we did this season?

This is the club Ange won Asian champions league with?
Yet only when our kids, too many I thought weren't up for it did our trials and tribulations in Galsgow>Portugal (2xclosed games)> Glasgow ( somebody forget their toothbrush?)
What was the point in that? Just more jet lag. Then Glasgow to Japan its a lot to ask.

I'm happy enough with what I saw, my brother thinks Osaze could be the answer, I think lawal could be but apparently so far anyway Rodgers is favouring Welsh as our back up.

I'm not sugar coating anything afore I get slated but remembering that's our 3rd game and they're onto halfway stage , at times it looked to me like they were blowing out they're ar*es more than us and that was without Kyogo.

Many lessons to take from it, but yes defence is the main area of reconstruction which is required foremost so I agree with you and POD there.

Not just the football on the park, perhaps in hindsight we should've gone there or Korea first to train and then play our tour, then finish back via Portugal, Dublin, Glasgow, I'm no expert but that imo would surely have put us in a stronger position ,fitness wise, less jetlag , less finance and more time to let the Koreans ( couldve trained there if not played) and Japanese see more of us , smaller carbon footprint aye loads to take from it .

Dislike losing but cannot call them an ordinary team because they aren't.
If they were why we buying their manager and players?

Defense and Keeper , positions to improve upon yes but not as bad as I feared tbh hoping for better against Osaka but can't forget its md3 of pre-season with plenty time for reinforcements .

Mon eh squiggly hoops HH

Back