Moussa

Unfortunately I doubt Desmond cares much at all, only time he was apparently moved to even lift a finger was when sevco board jumped up down all around him at Ronnies semi final penalties loss.
Desmond is into so many business and ventures, it's understandable from his point of view.

One thing re Dembele and people claiming he seemed to be more injury prone than most!

bit irrelevant now but the claim does not add up.

His match appearances in the last 2 seasons compare closely for example to even our Genuine Golden Bhoy KT.

think it is more that most of us accept that when he is playing and on form, he was a different class and missed when not available or on song, in denial and looking to convince ourselves he is no loss.

He's Gone, Go Griff and Eddie, but! this has been badly handled what ever way it is looked at and something is wrong at the club that this mercenary virus is now so obvious for a few.

Never been a fan of signing up has-been retired former EPL stars, imagine being a player at Celtic and hearing about the money they have earned.
Because these old stars are past it, you can forgive some of the more naïve ones thinking they are as good as the slow old Kolo fella for example and that they should be on similar mega bucks and before you know it, the spoiled brats start feeling sorry for themselves even imagine in their heads that they are somehow poor, scraping by only having several grand a week spare.

Money in the game is insane and obscene, more reason why words spoken and a culture of not 'promoting' the reality we are a selling club is so important.

As people have said, BR is not faultless, do not understand why he so often tells the press the obvious about wages being 3 or 4 times elsewhere!! He won't mean to but he is by default diminishing Celtic, point is the world knows the EPL is insane, he does not need to be promoting it.
He should be instead promoting the likes of KT and how money when enough is enough and more important things in a short life than sitting on a bench among other unused multi millionaire subs.
Unfortunately I doubt Desmond cares much at all, only time he was apparently moved to even lift a finger was when sevco board jumped up down all around him at Ronnies semi final penalties loss.
Desmond is into so many business and ventures, it's understandable from his point of view.

One thing re Dembele and people claiming he seemed to be more injury prone than most!

bit irrelevant now but the claim does not add up.

His match appearances in the last 2 seasons compare closely for example to even our Genuine Golden Bhoy KT.

think it is more that most of us accept that when he is playing and on form, he was a different class and missed when not available or on song, in denial and looking to convince ourselves he is no loss.

He's Gone, Go Griff and Eddie, but! this has been badly handled what ever way it is looked at and something is wrong at the club that this mercenary virus is now so obvious for a few.

Never been a fan of signing up has-been retired former EPL stars, imagine being a player at Celtic and hearing about the money they have earned.
Because these old stars are past it, you can forgive some of the more naïve ones thinking they are as good as the slow old Kolo fella for example and that they should be on similar mega bucks and before you know it, the spoiled brats start feeling sorry for themselves even imagine in their heads that they are somehow poor, scraping by only having several grand a week spare.

Money in the game is insane and obscene, more reason why words spoken and a culture of not 'promoting' the reality we are a selling club is so important.

As people have said, BR is not faultless, do not understand why he so often tells the press the obvious about wages being 3 or 4 times elsewhere!! He won't mean to but he is by default diminishing Celtic, point is the world knows the EPL is insane, he does not need to be promoting it.
He should be instead promoting the likes of KT and how money when enough is enough and more important things in a short life than sitting on a bench among other unused multi millionaire subs.
Money is killing the game. Bosman at the time was thought to be Great but great for who, the player, the club or the supporter ...only one winner here the mercenary "......how much money do u need to live a wealthy life??? Ffs these guys are earning more in one week than we can earn in a year....." I luv Celtic but these RICH prima donnas are doing my tits in........always chasing the money Dembele had a smile on his face as wide as the Clyde 3 days ago he can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.......... Money matters more to him

Once his tweets had a go at manager and he turned up sulking at training he had to go. Read brendan statement tonight it was his decision to knock back deal yesterday but his decision to sanction the sale today due to Dembeles negativity on team and the board backed him on it.

We can bleat all we want but Lawell will defo get another bonus cos he's just increased the share price by its biggest ever hike of 18.5 percent. So majority shareholders luv him.

the Celtic board and Peter Lawell better remember that! 10IAR IS NOT NEGOTIABLE

Agree but what is now a sad reality is the PLC management have allowed a chink of light at the end of the tunnel for the zombie club to even breathe.

We could be forgiven for assuming that PL and the Board are not even looking to think big in terms of the playing side of things, have no ambition or even a dream aim of winning anything ever in Europe, no investment unless there is already a proven profit.
They must have been assuming the light system would be a PR plus showing Celtic on CL nights.
Assumed as matter of fact the squad was just great.

I read the share price is going through the roof in the last month approx. A quick calculation shows around a 18% monthly increase, must be great for those who can afford to buy and sell shares for profit and are also 'in the know'.
I have a few shares for near 20 years and only bought to feel part of and help Fergus's plans for Celtic, had no idea what price was until sites posted this week!
Still a much lower price btw then the offer price in special invitation letter sent out personally by photocopy of Fergus autograph in Autumn 1999.
I thought then I was safe investing a bit of spare money at the time and would be helping the youth development of players, that was I am almost sure the gest of (sent from anyone else would have been considered a begging letter) the Celtic share holders special invite.

I could not care less about the few shares I have but I love the club and want to see a team not a light show or in any way impressed with unspent supposed profits on a bottom line.

Personally no longer trust PL to be involved with any player negotiations and want a independent scouting system in place. one not told what to do by either BR or PL, one that is proven. John Park or who ever was scouting for him will do for example.
Only them to identify players.
We are now going to have to hope we do not get a run of injuries, because our cover is kids in development. An absolute joke window that has no credible excuses, not even funny for Frankie Boyle.

Last edited:
Where are Rangers getting the money to finance all these signings and wages.
Season ticket money and their going into debt banking on Europa league group stage money, which has worked. Also most of their signings aren't paid up front their paid in instalments due throughout length of contract so they've prob only had to pay out 2 to 3 Mill initially and they also got cpl of free agents at no cost and 4 loan players at no cost so it doesn't amount to much except in wages.

Agree but what is now a sad reality is the PLC management have allowed a chink of light at the end of the tunnel for the zombie club to even breathe.

We could be forgiven for assuming that PL and the Board are not even looking to think big in terms of the playing side of things, have no ambition or even a dream aim of winning anything ever in Europe, no investment unless there is already a proven profit.
They must have been assuming the light system would be a PR plus showing Celtic on CL nights.
Assumed as matter of fact the squad was just great.

I read the share price is going through the roof in the last month approx. A quick calculation shows around a 18% monthly increase, must be great for those who can afford to buy and sell shares for profit and are also 'in the know'.
I have a few shares for near 20 years and only bought to feel part of and help Fergus's plans for Celtic, had no idea what price was until sites posted this week!

Personally no longer trust PL to be involved with any player negotiations and want a independent scouting system in place. one not told what to do by either BR or PL, one that is proven. John Park or who ever was scouting for him will do for example.
Only them to identify players.
We are now going to have to hope we do not get a run of injuries, because our cover is kids in development. An absolute joke window that has no credible excuses, not even funny for Frankie Boyle.

Once his tweets had a go at manager and he turned up sulking at training he had to go. Read brendan statement tonight it was his decision to knock back deal yesterday but his decision to sanction the sale today due to Dembeles negativity on team and the board backed him on it.

Not getting into the negative stuff, I'll be watching my team on Sunday at 4 am
Dembele did a job for us, for a couple of seasons, him and his agent can go on about their business, I for one, will not waste any more time on them
Don't have to look at him sulking any more, that works for me
Their integrity bypass, is working
COYBIG

Season ticket money and their going into debt banking on Europa league group stage money, which has worked. Also most of their signings aren't paid up front their paid in instalments due throughout length of contract so they've prob only had to pay out 2 to 3 Mill initially and they also got cpl of free agents at no cost and 4 loan players at no cost so it doesn't amount to much except in wages.

Definitely and the king zombie has thrown what were his last dice because he has seen the future and has regular nightmares of the future and episode 10 where he and his kind are finally destroyed.
He is trying to stop episode 10 being made and beyond any comprehension our director is giving the zombies a break, a chance to breathe.

I'll always cheer Celtic on even if they have to turn out the reserves, but when that has not got be the case and when Celtic fans pay for it all! I'll keep wanting improvements and potential fulfilled, not much to ask as BR himself stated, before his defined modest improvement plans were ignored either on purpose or through incompetence.

I think this thread should be now removed and never mention this huffy judas prick again. He tweeted that he loved Celtic and the supporters. Well if that was the case , why leave us in the lurch at the last minute with no time for a replacement. He's a huffy money hungry arsehole who came from fuckin nothin and I hope he goes back to nothin. Fuck him!

Irony is, we've been in Champs league since he got here. Not surprised he's fecked off to a team still in the CL. Maybe if we hadn't had a dire summer and fucked it up then he'd still be here....

I believe it to be a case of going where the money is, plain and simple
Lyon can offer him way more money than Celtic
If someone offered 3-4 times what anyone's making now, it would give food for thoguht to a lot of people
Will watch OL progress with interest after this, won't care one way or another if they do well, as Celtic are my team

At the start of the Dembele transfer, i thought someone at Celtic had gave MD the chance to speak to Lyon to talk terms. Then BR says he wont be going unless we have a replacement. So who gave MD the authority to talk to Lyon on thurs. PL, BR or Both. This is an important question that needs answered, cos if BR did not sanction MD to talk terms with Lyon but PL did amd sanctioned those talks behind BR back, then he has undermined our manager and backed to him into a corner. which makes this even worse a situation. as then we had the farce of the cryptic tweets. After that it was always going to be a done deal and certainly has left a bitter taste in my mouth regarding MD. Because those tweets were directed at our club and people within our club who are more important to our club than MD.

THIS is CLASSIC:
Last words to Eric J Wilsonon Twitter who paraphrased an iconic monologue from a well-known film: “Choose Lawwell. Choose Willo Flood in Jan 2009. Choose Tony Mowbray. Choose Ronny Deila. Choose no living wage. Choose undermining a double treble-winning manager with circa £30m for Dembele, Armstrong and Sviatchenko but only a quarter spent on Edouard and being three positions short. Choose to risk 10 in a row.”

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...ussa-dembele-seals-transfer-to-lyon-1-4793386

THIS is CLASSIC:
Last words to Eric J Wilsonon Twitter who paraphrased an iconic monologue from a well-known film: “Choose Lawwell. Choose Willo Flood in Jan 2009. Choose Tony Mowbray. Choose Ronny Deila. Choose no living wage. Choose undermining a double treble-winning manager with circa £30m for Dembele, Armstrong and Sviatchenko but only a quarter spent on Edouard and being three positions short. Choose to risk 10 in a row.”

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...ussa-dembele-seals-transfer-to-lyon-1-4793386
a

This isn't really about Dembele. It's about our club, our executives and how poorly they have performed in the transfer window.

The big issue now is how has this effected Brendan Rodgers, he has seem another side of the club over the last few months, I doubt this was presented to him in May 2016.

Members online

Latest posts

Back