McGowan names Celtic’s SPFL signing target

Video Celts

Administrator
Stephen McGowan is reporting that Liam Kelly is on a list of Celtic’s summer transfer targets. The Daily Mail reporter has a long track record of being very accurate when it comes to Celtic transfer stories but doesn’t go stronger than saying that the Motherwell ‘keeper is on a list. With his contract expiring and as a member of the Scotland international squad it would be understandable to…

Source

Continue reading...

Kelly out of contract, big Joe off, not really a story that takes much imagination.
True it doesn't and its probably amongst the easiest pay cheques for whichever Daily Mail churno put it together.
What would be a story is the " Celtic targets list " to replace big Joe.
It is something we all are looking around at , at the moment.
Found myself wondering about zander Clarke watching his saves against us recently but that's not always a great barometer , goalies play well against us often because they're called into far more action than normal circumstances and we've seen a few Dundee and utd keepers signed that have come our way almost entirely on their form against us.
Joe Hart, his experience and presence around the squad, he has real stature, is only as the end draws nearer being fully recognised , what he's achieved here, arguably playing as well now as he's ever done since he was city no1.
It's ok and expected that Celtic will have a list of potential targets with many names on it, it will take a keeper with big personality/belief in themselves to fill Joe Hart's gloves.

Worth the big bucks a good goalie Forster and Harte, compared to Bain and Barkas,
Found this about big Fraser ( who I think would be another sensational goalie signing from spurs ) under Fraser Forster annual salary ( doesn't make for good reading unless you're Fraser yourself)

$3,900,000 yearly salary.
2022-2024 Free Agent
Fraser Forster signed a 2 year , $7,800,000 contract with Tottenham Hotspur F.C., including an average annual salary of $3,900,000.
In 2023, Forster will earn a base salary of $3,900,000, while carrying a cap hit of $3,900,000 for 2023/24 season, or £75k pwk excluding bonuses.

This deal runs until 30 June 2025 and at 36 big Fraser is just 1year younger than Joe Hart, if Fraser had remained at CP even longer just I'm convinced he'd have been the England #1 longer and more like what we expected of him.

$4 million per year, probably has the interests of other top 5 nation clubs still willing to pay the same, ipswich ?
Sad day when we're priced out the market by clubs like Ipswich no disrespect to any tractor boys but the scale of clubs is night and day and all that's wrong with the game is a club like Ipswich having more financial clout than European elite pedigree club Celtic.
I don't blame big FF for going back down south and getting paid obscene amounts of cash for being a sub keeper, $4 million a year he'd be crazy not to.
Can't have both though, true footballing legend ( here at Celtic) or top flight footballer reached the glass ceiling but got super minted in the process?
Not bad options either, have a feeling personally we have someone in mind and have for a while, it's not going to be Lunin or kelleher we know that much, FF also unlikely the Motherwell keeper is really the first realistic one heard so far.

Last edited:
Celtic still have young Tobi Oluwayemi on our books as well. English-Nigerian He's represented England at every stage from U15s up until the u20's in 2022.
He's on loan at Admira Wacker Austrian 2. Liga club, still only 20 his contract is up this June 24. Maybe early for him yet but he was close under lenny last spell got to the bench , more through necessity possibly?
Interesting to see what happens here because I remember Celtic giving Conner Hazard something like a 7 or 8 year contract once , the longest Celtic contract I've ever known but he never made it very few home grown or nurtured do as Celtic goalkeeper.
Tbf to Hazard he will always be remembered for his huge contribution in the Scottish Cup Final, that penalty shoot out performance 2020 3-3 v hearts , the day we won footballs one and once only quadreble treble, in this instance he can truly say he did get to the top with Celtic if only for a short time this was his 3rd appearance, he still lived the dream and was Celtic's hero on the day 👏

There's a brilliant wee bit in commentary " IS THIS THE MOMENT CELTIC'S EMPIRE CRUMBLES?" screams the wee fanny commentator. 2 saves later and ...nah..but the first ever side in the world to win 4 trebles on the bounce?
You bet ya wee turd girfuy 😅💪🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back