Joe Hart Appreciation Thread

Vigobhoy

I just want to register my appreciation for the big man so that he knows. YOU WILL BE MISSED.
A wonderful signing, A great professional and a shining example to young pros coming through.
Not a bad word to say about him. I wish he were here for another year. THANKS Joe.

Joe has been a brilliant signing for us. I remember when he was linked with us there were a few fans questioning him on here because Pep had replaced him at Man City because he wasn't good enough at playing out from the back with his feet. I argued that not being good enough for a side aiming to win the Champions League did not mean he wasn't good enough for us.

Personally I think he really would have been a real star in world football 15-20 years earlier when goalkeeping was all about shot stopping before the sweeper-keeper role became king. But then he would never had needed to come to Celtic.

Joe has come across as a very articulate leader and winner. He has been a great influence on his teammates and also always goes out of his way to encourage opponents too. His instant reaction to saving the tie winning penalty against Aberdeen was to go and commiserate with the opposition goalie.

Personally I thought his performances had dropped off early this season. Possibly due to the constant chopping and changing of our defence. But he has returned to his highest level again since he announced his forthcoming retirement. He has eliminated the silly mistakes that had started to creep into his game and some of his vital saves have been crucial to our current run of results.

I think Celtic have been as good for Hart as he has been for us. It hss allowed him a bit of salvation and more success late in his career when he must have thought those glory days had gone forever.

Thanks Joe. You will always be welcome to return anytime. HH 🍀☘️🍀

Joe has been a brilliant signing for us. I remember when he was linked with us there were a few fans questioning him on here because Pep had replaced him at Man City because he wasn't good enough at playing out from the back with his feet. I argued that not being good enough for a side aiming to win the Champions League did not mean he wasn't good enough for us.

Personally I think he really would have been a real star in world football 15-20 years earlier when goalkeeping was all about shot stopping before the sweeper-keeper role became king. But then he would never had needed to come to Celtic.

Joe has come across as a very articulate leader and winner. He has been a great influence on his teammates and also always goes out of his way to encourage opponents too. His instant reaction to saving the tie winning penalty against Aberdeen was to go and commiserate with the opposition goalie.

Personally I thought his performances had dropped off early this season. Possibly due to the constant chopping and changing of our defence. But he has returned to his highest level again since he announced his forthcoming retirement. He has eliminated the silly mistakes that had started to creep into his game and some of his vital saves have been crucial to our current run of results.

I think Celtic have been as good for Hart as he has been for us. It hss allowed him a bit of salvation and more success late in his career when he must have thought those glory days had gone forever.

I was against signing Hart at the time. Dont mind admitting Big Joe has proved me and all the other doubters wrong. He will be missed as player and as an influence in the squad.

I was buzzing when we were linked with him and even more so when we signed him. The guy has done it all and the experience he's built up over the years in the sport has been a massive benefit to us.
I also love the fact that he has taken the club into his heart. I believe we have made a fan of him.
He's well spoken and articulate, not like the absolute buffoons, like Boyd and Miller. So if he doesn't go into coaching or management, he'll end up on Sky Sports or BBC talking about the English game, where, if he needs to, he will set the arrogant English pundits straight when they belittle Celtic and Scottish football.

Unlike so many big name signings who've swanned up from England, Joe did not boast about how he was going to do this and that. He always showed total respect to Scottish football and the other clubs. Realistically he could go on for another couple of years but he obviously knows that his body is starting to creak and has decided to leave while he is still playing well.

He clearly loves being up here and loved the chance to resurrect his career with one final successful flourish when it looked like it was just petering out to retirement.

What a great signing big Joe has been for us he's been my player of the season the amount of times he's saved our bacon this season especially when we only had a makeshift defence big Joe was thier to stop the invaders, a bit like the tank in the film fury Joe was the rock. Cheers Joe Hart and thanks.

A think if there’s anyone way a bit of foresight at celtic you get the bigman signed up for another season while bringing in his replacement,,let him coach him through the pre-season and onwards, he’s nae chance of going the whole season playing (saying that he’s never been injured?)…but there might be a good coach in him🤷‍♂️

Big Joe has been terrific for Celtic in what seems like a very short period of time.
He's been an inspiration to everyone around him and fully appreciates the Celtic supporters.
This guy is the joint highest winner of the golden gloves award winning it on four occasions.
We probably haven't realised it but we had a world class goalkeeper who's done it all in the game and for me a massive reason why we have been able to win our last two league titles.
Like any goalie he's had his moments but the feeling overall is exactly what Vigo says in his post headline ...appreciation.
Thankyou Joe let's hope you go out a winner in these last few weeks. All Hail Joe Hart !!

I'm o

I'm one of those doubters, Bridie. I certainly had my reservations, but (for the most part) I'm delighted to have been proven wrong.

Fair to say that he certainly doesn't dominate his box the way a big, jacked up lad like he is should and he perhaps doesn't move his feet quickly enough to get to those postage stamp shots (especially at free-kicks). I still get palpitations when he has the ball at his feet, but besides all that - he has been a terrific signing and has arguably been our player of this calendar year (thus far).

Since January, he has made some massive saves at key times in big matches and there is absolutely no doubt that his presence, leadership and character in the dressing-room has played a massive part in the last 3-seasons.

It's an oft-repeated phrase about players who: "get it" when they play for either us or them, but Joe Hart does seem to fully comprehend the ethos of Celtic and what the club represents to the fans.

In his time here, there have been no prima donna antics, tantrums or proclamations of greatness. All we have witnessed is a dedicated pro who took a pay cut to play football and who has repaid the club handsomely in return.

Wherever Joe's future takes him, he'll always have a place in the hearts of Celtic fans and I'm pretty sure we'll have a place in his heart (no pun intended) too

Love the big Heid and shooders bhoy
He came as a punt and has dispelled all our notions of a pension pot top up
He came he saved and he gets it and Celtic
Joe Hart deserves the Legned Title.
I’ve already said elsewhere I really hope he becomes a goalkeeping coach with us.
He would be a great person driving our young and first team keepers to new heights. A dream maybe. But whatever he chooses
Thanks Joe 💚💚💚💚💚👏

HH JH🍀

I'm one of those doubters, Bridie. I certainly had my reservations, but (for the most part) I'm delighted to have been proven wrong.

Fair to say that he certainly doesn't dominate his box the way a big, jacked up lad like he is should and he perhaps doesn't move his feet quickly enough to get to those postage stamp shots (especially at free-kicks).
You have a lot more knowledge about playing goalkeeper than anyone else on the Noise, SP. I'm interested in what your thoughts on the reasons why all of our recent goalkeepers have not dominated the box as you'd imagine a GK of their size should do?

Is it the way our GK coach Woods insists on them playing? Or do we target buying goalies who play this way? Is it the way modern football has gone and goalies prefer to remain rooted to their goalline when defending? Or a combination/none of these reasons?

I'd say Boruc was our last keeper that would dominate his box. Fraser Forster was a beast of a player but relied mainly on his short stopping ability when defending set pieces. Craig Gordon was the same and so is Hart. It drives me mad seeing so many crosses into our 6 yard box that our goalies are not even challenging for. I'd rather have a keeper clean house and clear the ball rather than stand on the line relying on their reflexes to save any header/shot.

Now we have enjoyed a lot of success and some brilliant goalies in recent years, but is that because of - or despite - using this style of goalkeeping to defend set-pieces around our goalmouth?

Members online

Back