If Sevco can get around Fair Play rules by “funding from within”, why can’t desmind do the same?

You assume the prices of players will increase. But thats not certain. Its isnt likely that more moeny than present can be poured into football. If anything the risks are so great that the bubble could burst at any moment.

Also our market is much less secure than subsiidised leagues. If we buy a guy from EPL he will very unlikley sell from us for more than we bought him unless he is coming at deep discount. And then if he deeply discounted wouldnt he be a risk that he aint the grade?

Lets say we had 200 million for harry Kane

Say he comes her sets world on fire. Do you think teams will pay 300m to get him?

I doubt they would because his current 200million is way above his actual value added and the reason he can be held by spurs is they can afford his wages whereas we cant afford his wage sand probably need to punt him at discount to get him off the wage bill even though we want to keep him.

Say man utd offer tierney 200k pw and 20 million for him. We cant afford his wages he might want to stay but then we would be ripping him off cause he really should be earning 200k+ if players of his standard get that amount.

And alsthopugh he would be worth 60m illion at Man Utd he will only ever be a 20-30 m player at us.

TET we need to improve thecsqyad to win the league and secure CL money. If we don’t have the cash flow now, what would you suggest when taking into consideration the opportunity cost of doing nothing and their all in working?

We then jeopardize future £60m to save £5m a year payback.

If you think our squad has enough to guarantee both the league and CL qualification right now, I think you might be in a minority of one.

Borrowing to ensure we have enough to secure future money is required. I would prefer we had the resources, but being over cautious in the summer cost us £60m. Another hesitant move like that and we are in trouble with our operating costs.

Doing nothing and hoping got us to this point, doing the same again will screw us. That’s the real risk. Not a long term soft loan from our top guy billionaire,

It's not even a business they're running at Mordor - and any financial expert knows it.

More like a rotary club with member contributions.

I might try their tactic with the taxman tho...

"Where did you get all this cash you haven't declared?"

'Eh, somebody geid us it from within, like...'

TET we need to improve thecsqyad to win the league and secure CL money. If we don’t have the cash flow now, what would you suggest when taking into consideration the opportunity cost of doing nothing and their all in working?

We then jeopardize future £60m to save £5m a year payback.

If you think our squad has enough to guarantee both the league and CL qualification right now, I think you might be in a minority of one.

Borrowing to ensure we have enough to secure future money is required. I would prefer we had the resources, but being over cautious in the summer cost us £60m. Another hesitant move like that and we are in trouble with our operating costs.

Doing nothing and hoping got us to this point, doing the same again will screw us. That’s the real risk. Not a long term soft loan from our top guy billionaire,

Im suggesting we get a better scouting team that can find cheap better players or we will be struggling badly in 5 years

We need better players but we cant afoord better than we have unlkess we find the hard to find bargains.

With op costs at 87 million we need to offlaod the dead wood and become risk aware and calculated risk taking.

You may think we are doing nothing but I dont think thats the case. They are justs truggling to find value aded players willing to play at our wage limits.

Going above the wage limits isnt doing something positive. Its running at loss and overly gambling.
If the club cant win the league with the wage structures currently then Rdogers aint atop manager.

Even with Sevco hemouraging money we are spendingw ay more than them per season.

Even if they6 won league they would be hemouraging losses every year at there current burn. They are gambling excessivly that the market with stay stupid and even grow.

We have a top finance team at Celtic thye may not be everyone cup of tea but they know risk better than most of the other clubs.

And they are not doing nothing they are risk assessing the current situation and if they dont buy in this market it because its too risky and will most cerainly be loss leading.

Also because other clubs know celtic are very top finance aware. When they bid on someone they think this mob make fortunewith their purchases. So lets take a bidding war and grab taht player they going for.

Alos clubs selling will feel ripped off by celtic. Groningen got buttons for van dijk we got massive payment and bonus on top. Had groningen had lawell they probly would have cut a better deal.

So when celtic come sniffing the selling club will get an auction going to get best deal for them and clubs will come looking coz celtuic have been so good at spotting value.

Lots of different variabvles at play.

Add in Rodgers poor record at spotting the good value players and add in the extra compteition we arent doing so well with pruchases any more.

Back