Hunpumpin thread.

The truth is we gave it a good go and if we had enjoyed a wee bit of luck would have had a deserved lead at half time against the Champions of Europe. Then anything could have happened and we may have held on for a positive result.

Sevco were annihilated again against a side that lost their best players in the summer. They were extremely lucky to be only 3 down at half time and Ajax eased off completely for the ehole of the second half.

Plus they are an entitled bunch who have believed the over-hyped nonsense that the Scottish media fill their heads with.

We had right to be proud of our team - their fans are right to be embarrassed by their team's second consecutive no-show.
Captain TavPen replaced at half time
Ajax are no joke
Could have been a hammering for the zombies
VAR seems to working fine, they thought they'd scored but hauled back for offside
Wonder if they'll try to stop it from being introduced in the SPFL
HH

Tom English wrote on the BBC "It was a dreadful performance. The players were outplayed and out-thought, the manager was poor, and Ross Wilson has to take a chunk of blame for the recruitment. They are a worse team now than they were last season. Defensively not good enough, the midfield a non-entity, and offensively not at the races."

I had formed the impression from the SMSM that Carlo Ancelotti had Gio posters on his wall.
B..but didnt they piy £4 million fur Davies?
Then play a midfielder there instead.
Could it possibly be that Davies isnae a GVB signing?
Hes spent his budget and parks is laughing away to the bank

Thier last two games cost them 8 goals and they face Aberdeen on Saturday the Ref will have to pull a couple of Pens out the bag to save them,hope they get hammered come January they will be looking to buy with what it will cost millions that they haven’t got could be a good Christmas Folks…….I know it’s a bit early just dreaming

I’ve heard reports from different sources the Huns are being sold again

News to break next week, not a rumour.

Rangers International FC PLC getting sold again, Douglas Park has taken back his money (owed) mostly from the Champion’s League and Castore 2022 income

Hence why there was a board decision not to sign any new players until January 2023 transfer window

John Bennett, Deputy Chairman along with a Hong Kong consortium to takeover
You’ve misheard BB…goin by the pic its the HONK HONK consortium…22F4366C-85CC-4BFE-98AD-E5D14126F305.jpeg

I’ve heard reports from different sources the Huns are being sold again

News to break next week, not a rumour.

Rangers International FC PLC getting sold again, Douglas Park has taken back his money (owed) mostly from the Champion’s League and Castore 2022 income

Hence why there was a board decision not to sign any new players until January 2023 transfer window

John Bennett, Deputy Chairman along with a Hong Kong consortium to takeover

The return of the lying king is on the cards if this happens methinks…

Aye, talking tae one of the local bogslurpers who's just back from Amsterdam. Tae quote him, 'Where's the money gone?' 2 seasons of NO investment, season book prices up 10% every season since they've been back in SPL.

The fans are now realising that, their Klub is being run by crooks, KARMA HA HA, 😂😂

The Guardian report from Amsterdam, “Gio take your garbage home“ was the song they were singing last night.

Where Rangers go from here in a Group A that also features Napoli and Liverpool may not be pretty. This was an ugly display featuring a defence that failed to defend and a sieve-like midfield that was an open invitation for Ajax to execute their clever pass-and-move play.
At the break the Dutch champions had enjoyed 74% of the possession. If there was a number to rate the invention of their opponents then zero would not have been unfair on Rangers, whose manager, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, seemed to have instructed them to sit as far back as possible and hope that they could somehow conjure a goal.
As the final whistle neared, Van Bronckhorst had to endure the Ajax faithful gleefully sing, “Gio, take your garbage home,” their delight surely enhanced by him being a former Feyenoord player. This was a second 4-0 reverse on the bounce, following Saturday’s humiliation at Celtic.
“It’s eight goals [allowed] in two games – too much for Rangers, that can never happen,” a sombre Van Bronckhorst said. “You can lose a game but not with so much difference. The level we reached in the first half is not the level needed to be competitive in the Champions League – there was a difference in passing, movement, thinking.”
At the start of the second half Bob Marley’s Three Little Birds rang out, its “don’t worry about a thing” line particularly apt for Ajax due to Rangers’ refusal to offer anything that might concern. Had Van Bronckhorst given his charges a roasting at the interval? The way they continued to stand off Ajax suggested not. At this juncture three changes were made – Rabbi Matondo, Ryan Jack and Leon King for James Tavernier, Scott Wright and Malik Tillman as the manager shifted to a novel 5-2-3 shape. But even when Borna Barisic did find Ajax’s net later on VAR ruled (correctly) that Ryan Kent was offside.
Rangers had understood how Alfred Schreuder’s men hoped to prosper from the start: have Daley Blind or Devyne Rensch feed balls to Steven Bergwijn and Dusan Tadic further along the full-backs’ flanks and hit Mohammed Kudus, the frontman, or a midfield runner. Factor in another Steven– Berghuis – dropping into pockets and Ajax were operating as their storied pedigree demands.
Berghuis created Ajax’s opener from a more conventional mode by delivering a corner from the right that peppered Jon McLaughlin’s goal: James Sands failed to pick up Edson Álvarez and he rose under no pressure to head home.

This, 17 minutes in, was the opening calamity for Rangers and spoke of a team still reeling from the Celtic trouncing. Already it was a mismatch. Even when Rangers launched a foray Wright, running in from wide, could not stab a toe at a cross with Remko Pasveer’s goal gaping. The Ajax team were as vibrant as Johan Cruyff Arena had been when transformed into the flag-waving cauldron that greeted Rangers’ ending of a 12-year absence from this stage of the competition.
Schreuder was soon celebrating again. Kudus passed to Berghuis and his effort beat McLaughlin via a ricochet off Sands – a midfielder asked to fill in at centre-back. Moments later Kudus engineered a supreme solo effort, collecting on the left, twisting and surging forward, by-passing Tavernier, the Rangers captain, as if he were a schoolboy, before hammering in off the far post. This was game over with 11 minutes left of the opening half and Ajax continued to coast despite a summer talent-drain headlined by Antony’s €95m move to Manchester United and which also included Lisandro Martínez (United too), Sébastien Haller (Borussia Dortmund) and Ryan Gravenberch (Bayern Munich).

Rangers lack of defiance pointed to Van Bronckhorst, strangely, being unable to rouse his troops despite this being a glamour occasion against one of the continent’s A-list names. In the closing phase Kudus went close to weaving through in Ricky Villa, 1981 FA Cup final-style to score with an equally memorable finish before a last-ditch challenge stymied the 22-year-old Ghanaian. With 10 minutes left Bergwijn latched on to Jack’s sloppy back-pass to give Rangers a second, humiliating 4-0 reverse on the bounce.
Van Bronckhorst said: “I told the players [afterwards], ‘Welcome to the Champions League – this is the level you have to reach.’”

I watched that game, they made Liverpool look like the Huns last week
Also watched the Bayern game, Sane & Mane are different class, bet Liverpool wished they still had them, after that performance today
This could be the best CL yet as some of the football on display is scintillating

HH
I don't know the situation that led to Mane leaving liverpool.
Hes a huge loss though and it shows in liverpool's start to the season.
Salah isnt getting the same service as in previous seasons .
I'd argue that Mane was just as important to liverpool as Salah.
Perhaps he wanted out , theres nothing you can do about that but they really are missing him.

I don't know the situation that led to Mane leaving liverpool.
Hes a huge loss though and it shows in liverpool's start to the season.
Salah isnt getting the same service as in previous seasons .
I'd argue that Mane was just as important to liverpool as Salah.
Perhaps he wanted out , theres nothing you can do about that but they really are missing him.

Mane was the targetman he brought Salah into play with his layoffs, don't think alls well in Liverpool team just now.

Afternoon Troops, I've been thinking this for a while now but why has it not dawned on the Huns or the media that the reason sevco played well in Europe last season is because they're trying to put themselves in the shop window and get a move? It can't be just me that thinks this? Is there something really feckin obvious I'm missing here? (Other than they can't bear to think it.)

Back