Hearts v Celtic, Tynecastle, Sunday 3rd Mar, 12 noon

Its hardly anything you wouldn't expect, was hoping for something a bit stronger as we are and have been scotlands dominant side for donkeys now.
Naismith I see saying they deserved the win ,fair enough but include the fact they were up against 10 men and reflect the fact that wasn't a fair game.
Course why would he ?
They should have demanded to hear the audio between Beaton and Robertson and how they justified changing the on field decision. They should also call out Beaton who has previous against us. I'm of the opinion that refs in this country are appallingly bad and incompetent, but in the main not corrupt. Beaton is the exception.
Hearts didn't deserve to win. Even with 10 men, and not playing particularly great, Celtic dominated possession, created the best chances and Clark had more saves to make than Hart. Hearts were the better team and deserved to win at CP in December but not yesterday. That win was totally down to Beaton and the red card.

They should have demanded to hear the audio between Beaton and Robertson and how they justified changing the on field decision. They should also call out Beaton who has previous against us. I'm of the opinion that refs in this country are appallingly bad and incompetent, but in the main not corrupt. Beaton is the exception.
Hearts didn't deserve to win. Even with 10 men, and not playing particularly great, Celtic dominated possession, created the best chances and Clark had more saves to make than Hart. Hearts were the better team and deserved to win at CP in December but not yesterday. That win was totally down to Beaton and the red card.
Agreed, Gary. Our league suffers from some very poor refereeing. Beaton, however, is corrupt.

Gives us everything for sure Winter. The argument is whether that's good enough .
On the defensive side, it's good enough domestically, the reason he got his move in the first place , still up a level and it's not, but I'll take a celtic player giving everything they've got every day of the week Frank over players like Turnbull who turned up when he felt like it imo.

It's all good and well moaning about Mibs but that paragon of impartiality Dermot Gallagher says all the VAR decisions were spot on
On behalf of all Celtic supporters worldwide, I'll say Fuck off Dermot you absolute archaic moon unit
FTH and FDG

I think a lot of fans are being harsh on Iwata. He has hardly been given a chance all season despite some of those chosen before him being off form. When he has come in he has done really well. I think yesterday was a fairly unique set of circumstances where he was missing our biggest player/captain, we were down a player so our midfield was being over-run, our defence behind him were poor and there was nothing going on in attack. Despite me posting the team-sheet at the start of the game I had forgotten Bernardo was even on the pitch and was thinking we'd have to bring him on at half-time, he was that anonymous.

Yes, he was poor and did get caught in possession for the disallowed goal, but there were much worse than him on the pitch yesterday (O'Riley, Bernardo, Maeda, Scales, Taylor, etc) and sadly there are a number of players who have under-performed for weeks in a row and yet still got selected.

I'm prepared to give him a proper run in the side, but it seemed like many fans were desperately waiting for his first poor performance to write him off (not suggesting you are doing this here, as I know you definitely are not).
Like yourself mate I didn’t think iwata done too bad!!considering the other two midfielders decided to go visit Edinburgh castle for best part of the day!!!oriley showed zilch,,Bernardo!!well canny even rate what he contributed??daizen was fuckin rotten!!ano it’s easy with hindsight but brendan could’ve shored up the defence and midfield even took a draw coz hearts were fuckin rank..one up front..welsh or lagerbielke into the central position,big scales oot left,Taylor forward,🤷‍♂️it’s easy this manager game 🤣

We would defo struggle without calmac mate …let’s hope after the wee break we can hit a good run and if we win every game then win league with 4 points …that other mob are not great either they hit some form but killie away and Motherwell have shown they are not unbeatable
Love your optimism mate but it’s misplaced..yesterday day was the day to win the title,,
Allowing for the absolute cheating cunts,our players mostly all shat there boxers!!!could still have put in a performance??make no doubts as rotten as the hunz are they won’t be allowed to drop another point from now on in….if our lazy shower a board members don’t make a fuss right now,,this mob will just do as they please till the seasons end😢

Poor wee souls at the refereeing fraternity issuing a statement...

This has led to the SSFRA committee declared themselves “extremely disappointed and concerned by another weekend of targeted and personalised criticism of its members”. A statement issued to the PA news agency read: “It has become too easy throughout the course of this season for managers and clubs to turn the focus – and resultant fan ire – on to match officials, often to deflect from team performance and results. We fully appreciate the importance of matches, especially now as we head into the defining period of the season for the destiny of the championship, European and top-six places, as well as relegation and play-off matters.
“Nonetheless, match officials should be able to carry out their duties without fear of them impacting their personal lives, their personal safety and the safety and security of their families. It is regrettable that criticism, which we generally accept is a part of the game for players and coaches as well as referees, has become much more frequent, disproportionate, and personalised towards our members. Everyone involved in Scottish football has a responsibility to behave professionally and respectfully and to understand the consequences of their actions.”

Poor wee souls at the refereeing fraternity issuing a statement...

This has led to the SSFRA committee declared themselves “extremely disappointed and concerned by another weekend of targeted and personalised criticism of its members”. A statement issued to the PA news agency read: “It has become too easy throughout the course of this season for managers and clubs to turn the focus – and resultant fan ire – on to match officials, often to deflect from team performance and results. We fully appreciate the importance of matches, especially now as we head into the defining period of the season for the destiny of the championship, European and top-six places, as well as relegation and play-off matters.
“Nonetheless, match officials should be able to carry out their duties without fear of them impacting their personal lives, their personal safety and the safety and security of their families. It is regrettable that criticism, which we generally accept is a part of the game for players and coaches as well as referees, has become much more frequent, disproportionate, and personalised towards our members. Everyone involved in Scottish football has a responsibility to behave professionally and respectfully and to understand the consequences of their actions.”
If they were any good at their jobs, for which they are well paid, and do so voluntarily, they wouldn’t have to worry what anyone had to say.

"It is regrettable that criticism, which we generally accept is a part of the game for players and coaches as well as referees, has become much more frequent, disproportionate, and personalised towards our members."

No, what's disproportionate is the amount of cheating Hun bastards within your little boolin' club brotherhood.

I’m sure we pay to have this var shite!!!so why not just refuse to have it or pay for it a Parkhead??fuck them,it was actually better when we didn’t have var,now it’s just a free for all on us!!!….the talk before a ball got kicked yesterday was what impact Beaton was gonny have??
100 percent agree mate the mistakes with VAR is a disgrace (if going to use it then hire capable people from outwith Scotland)that’s only way it will work….if we can’t get that then refuse to pay and if other clubs want to use it then they can pay it

Souness, Lennon and Stubbs hate it, EPL or SPFL it's absolutely woeful the decisions being made, they had a good point (imho) that former professionals should be either in charge of VAR or sitting there with the Huns running it, to give a professional footballers point of view, it would have to be unbiased former players of course, but it's another idea for the SFA to look at...which they won't as that 'might' make it a level playing field HH Anyone know (apart from the obvious) the criteria for becoming in charge of VAR ?

Back