Griffiths gone…… a sad end to something that could have been legendary!

Alf Tupper -the tough of the track was a character in a comic. He lived on a diet of fish and chips and seldom trained but kept winning. Griffiths tea cake episode, turning up overweight and unfit reminds me of the comic book character. He was his own worst enemy -what a waste of talent.

See that the thing with players like him they tend not to invest any money or even put some away its all spent in the here and now got a feeling he will be toiling for a wage wen he's done playing he sbud maybe get over to the US for a total new start away from everybody
Agreed, he needs to screw the nut for a few years, got to the States or somewhere they will pay him big bucks, China maybe, and think about his future. The Hun would love to see him on his arse.

Unfortunate but everyone could see his career was over at Celtic with the problems off field and the mental health issues taking its toll on him. Always had Ability to produce a goal or two from nowhere and was great to watch when on his game but safely those days seem like a distant memory for him and us.

Needs to get his arse out of Scotland as a fear his problems are only just starting a greater striker scored some wonderful goals but like most ex Hibs strikers the hangers on were in the background

wish him all the best and thanks for the memories

I actually hold fear for where LG is within his career and life as it is now.
To go from hero to zero and only memories now, is a very sad state of affairs for someone blessed with the gifts he once had.
No surprise that the club made the decision it did, and even sadder LG last appearance in the hoops had to be tainted with booing in his ears.
More disappointed that he couldn't even reignite his career at Dundee, which only highlights how bad things must be for LG currently as Dundee are hardly in a position to turn away the talent LG once had.
No doubt the career of LG is finished within Scottish football and possibly faces the biggest decision now within his life as to what his future potentially holds.
The demons within LG still seems to be very much in play within still, and very much hope he can now address them, but fear there may be little chance if he remains within Scotland still.
Still believe he can salvage a career as such, but only if he is willing to gain the professional help he clearly needs now and can restart elsewhere as for all the great memories he gave us are also tainted with the bad ones the rest of Scotland wants to torture him with still.
Needs a new beginning imo, and hope he can find some comfort in the future and finish his career on a high still, but could still be a long way off if he is to make a bad decision now.
Wish LG all the very best for the future and no-one should ever under estimate the dangers mentel health issues can have upon a person, even someone blessed with the talent LG had.

Leigh Griffiths has given me a lot more happy memories than he has sad memories.
In all my time supporting this club I have never come across a bigger wind-up mechant of the huns than Leigh.
We all know Griff lived and breathed Celtic and as much of a loss as he will be for us I think Griff realises how big a loss Celtic will be for him.
I wish Griff and his family all the very best in his next venture..
Thanks for the memories my friend..

HH

The very best of luck to Leigh Griffiths. He gave me a lot of pleasure. Yes, some downsides, but overall I will have very fond memories of him. I agree with Kelly, he should head off to another league, and hopefully one that will reward him well financially, and where less baggage will follow him. Go show them Griff.

In fairness to griff the covid outbreak never done the guy many favours!!nor did the twats running our club at that time!No making excuses for him,he’s a hairy arsed man that shoulda known better how to keep himself fit,but when he’s lying around his sofa makin Tiktok vids eatin a kebab someone should have been sitting up taking notice!!but that said the whole club was a disgrace before during and after the ten in a row season...hope he goes to USA!!anywhere away from Edinburgh...best a luck wee man(miby aberdeen way broony?

See that the thing with players like him they tend not to invest any money or even put some away its all spent in the here and now got a feeling he will be toiling for a wage wen he's done playing he sbud maybe get over to the US for a total new start away from everybody
I believe LG still has some goals in him, and if he gets the right help, and guidance, should he choose to take it, he can come out of all his past turmoil and remake himself
No rear view mirror, just get his head screwed on right and get down to business
He's young and him and his family can enjoy life and put the bad stuff behind him
Best for the future to him and his family

HH

Members online

No members online now.

Back