Get a grip Celtic noise - Lets be positive

Shane Duffy

6th Oct -Travels 2 Slovakia
8th Oct - evening - Captains Ireland in international play off v Slovakia - full 90 mins plus extra time & pens (solid performance 8)
9th Oct -travel back from slovakia
11th Oct -Plays 90 mins against Wales 0-0 (solid performance 7)
12th Oct - travels to Finland
14th Oct -plays 90 mins lose 1-0 Ireland better side (average 6)
15th Oct - travels back from Finland
17th Oct - expected to play 90 mins in a mid morning kick off & carry Welsh a raw kid in defence who at 2nd goal (go look again) is frozen just watchin goldson within kicking distance.

Inside 9 days a semi-fit Duffy plays over 5 hours of international competitive football
on top of hours of air n coach travel to and from Ireland Finland Wales & Slovakia

havin 2 put up wiv match changing false positives n farce testing Ireland team went thru
& d disappointment of losing a play off spot on pens, Ireland were by far d better side in play in each game led by Shane Duffy.

So unless u seriously imagine sevco r a better team den Slovakia & Wales & Finland national teams.

It's just a wee bit simple n ignunt, to write off or blame Shane Duffy for Saturdays shambles

There's a lot of shit goin on Larry that we're only hearing in dribs and drabs. Duffy supposedly wasn't fit to play Saturday with an abscess in his mouth after getting two teeth removed. He said he wasn't feelin well, but was asked to play anyway and because of the situation, he played and has since been slaughtered for it.
Lennon only shows up to training on Friday, the same as Martin O'Neill used to do, but he's not Martin O'Neill. He was quoted after the last Hun humiliation that after watching the game back for five minutes he got sick of it so he switched it off. Stating there was no point in watching it as he would learn nothin from it. That to me is someone with a huge ego, something we all know Lennon has. Over half the team are sick of his bullying and his lack of tactics. He's fallen out with several players and staff members. The exact same shit as what happened at hibs. I could go on as that's only the tip of the iceberg.
I understand what you're saying about replacing the manager now could have a chaotic effect on the squad, but at least it would measured unlike the mess after the snake left.
Rumours on other sites strachan takes training tells lennon who to pick and players don't like strachan

Rumours on other sites strachan takes training tells lennon who to pick and players don't like strachan
I'm not sure if Lenny has always managed like this? It seems like a bizarre way to operate in my opinion, but if he had totally trusted assistants who advised him properly and he just did the Brian Clough role of motivating the players before the game then I'd be delighted with that if he continued to deliver the same level of success and exciting football. However, something has clearly broken down (we have discussed at length even when winning trophies how he is missing a trusted sidekick) and improvements in their operation need to be implemented immediately.

Don't know John, but the implication is, it's shoogly peg time for Lenny.
To true MD, I will go as far to say he has the next 2 games at most to save his job. A response after Saturday a must not in terms of a result more so in a preformance, a good result will be a much needed boost to everyone.
Sunday is a must win game as none of us want to fall any further behind more so in these so uncertain of times.
Will lenny be able to deliver? we will all know in a few days but confidence in him to do so is at a very low rate as things stand

I'm not sure if Lenny has always managed like this? It seems like a bizarre way to operate in my opinion, but if he had totally trusted assistants who advised him properly and he just did the Brian Clough role of motivating the players before the game then I'd be delighted with that if he continued to deliver the same level of success and exciting football. However, something has clearly broken down (we have discussed at length even when winning trophies how he is missing a trusted sidekick) and improvements in their operation need to be implemented immediately.
I só agree BB, with bizarre being such the right word to use. If we could make sense of some of his decisions to date, it would make them so much easier to understand. I am in the failed category as I can't make any sense of them whatsoever

There is none so blind as he who will not see. Docco pointed out some of the things in the original post, but let me reiterate:

Unless it's baseball, championships are never won in October.

Few, if any, games have been played so far where 11 regular starters were on the pitch at kickoff. But injuries heal and we historically are a stronger team as the season progresses.

Covid changes everything, from the board room to the pitch, and the team that adjusts best to that will prevail. We're doing a pretty good job in that department.

We still have a game in hand.

To the grateful delight of some people here, I purposely stayed off the forum because I knew it would be a world-class, Olympic-caliber shitshow after the loss. Clearly it exceeded my expectations, even four days later.

Sure there's room for criticism, and most of it is valid. Some of it is not, but regardless those in places of power in the club are clearly working on it, out of view from the public and the fans.

It remains to be seen who is keeping the faith and who isn't.
I was in good humour today until I read your such pompous posts. Who do you think you are to question anyone's views with your smart comments, and the cheek of ya to dare question any fellow celts faith to the cause this season.
All these threads on this forum of late, concern our confidence in lenny. If it came down to a vote of confidence in lenny then judging by most people's feelings he would be out of the job much to most people's disappointment. So to question our faith, should never be bought into question as the faith in us achieving the magical 10iar remains strong with or without lenny.
And everyone is entitled to a view weather we agree or disagree except huns as they have no view just 💩on top of there shoulders

Yon Phil Mac fella is yesterday's man.....not relevant anymore and his "scoops" carry no substace
I am not going to rule anything out just yet also have no control over what will be, will be. It is becoming increasingly harder to make a defence for Lennon as we can only judge what we see out on the pitch. As much as we would love him to succeed he is failing as things stand. Of course with such disappointing performances he will become the focal of the attention and the easiest of targets with a very easy story to give weather its true or not goes with the territory

Am thinkin back here....Big Jock never had bother like this...Tommy Burns didny hae bother like this...Martin O'neill didny hae bother like this....ffs even Rodgers didnae hae bother like this......WGS did...just a wee bit....but it was sorted pronto.....Lennon furst time here ...didny hae bother like how it is now....Am a bit worried.....If we dinny get it sorted for the Aberdeen game....how long dae we gie him ????????????? :unsure:

There is none so blind as he who will not see. Docco pointed out some of the things in the original post, but let me reiterate:

Unless it's baseball, championships are never won in October.

Few, if any, games have been played so far where 11 regular starters were on the pitch at kickoff. But injuries heal and we historically are a stronger team as the season progresses.

Covid changes everything, from the board room to the pitch, and the team that adjusts best to that will prevail. We're doing a pretty good job in that department.

We still have a game in hand.

To the grateful delight of some people here, I purposely stayed off the forum because I knew it would be a world-class, Olympic-caliber shitshow after the loss. Clearly it exceeded my expectations, even four days later.

Sure there's room for criticism, and most of it is valid. Some of it is not, but regardless those in places of power in the club are clearly working on it, out of view from the public and the fans.

It remains to be seen who is keeping the faith and who isn't.
The game in hand is against Aberdeen, is it not? They are actually on a reasonably good run so being only 1 point behind after playing them is certainly not guaranteed.

We have had 11 games and NL still hasn't worked out a decent formation. In fact, we have had more games because of our enforced extended route to the Europa League group stages. Our last three games against secvo have been a disgrace with only The Wall preventing sevco from putting the League Cup in the cabinet where the Petrofac Cup currently takes pride of place (well, the only place!).

Covid might change many things but I have every suspicion that sevco wouldn't declare any positive tests (after all, they didn't declare their lack of testing during pre-season) so it will affect other clubs more than them.

Raising questions about performances after a series of miserable displays with the worst saved for the most recent is not a failure to keep the faith, it is what should be expected if the team or the club drops below an acceptable standard. NL will get criticised if the team underperforms, PL will get criticised for resolution 12 and for trying to bury the cheating of Rangers.

The league may not be won in October/November but if we don't watch out we could take steps to lose it.

Last edited:
Yon Phil Mac fella is yesterday's man.....not relevant anymore and his "scoops" carry no substance
Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but one sure thing is, everything is not as Rosie as you are tryin to make out.
This isn't about the Hun game, it was just the straw that broke the camels back. Anyone who thinks things are fine behind the scenes is totally fuckin blind.
I don't like to see Lennon or anyone else sacked. I would love to see him steady the ship, but unfortunately, and this is why I didn't want him to be brought back, he leaves a trail behind him like a snail. Look at what happened at Celtic the last time he left. The place was in a fuckin mess with the players doin and eating whatever the fuck they liked. Fat arse commons being one of the ringleaders. That was all down to Lennon and Ronnie the poor fucker had to pick up the pieces. That man got slated right left and centre. He should be made a saint for the mess he inherited. Look what happened at hibs. He fell out with half the team. And supposedly he didn't quit and supposedly he wasn't sacked, but he was just ushered out the side door.
I hate the idea of changing manager in mid season because of the risk involved, but it will soon be time to shite or get off the pot.

Am thinkin back here....Big Jock never had bother like this...Tommy Burns didny hae bother like this...Martin O'neill didny hae bother like this....ffs even Rodgers didnae hae bother like this......WGS did...just a wee bit....but it was sorted pronto.....Lennon furst time here ...didny hae bother like how it is now....Am a bit worried.....If we dinny get it sorted for the Aberdeen game....how long dae we gie him ????????????? :unsure:
I am still of the opinion that all is not well behind the scenes lennono. The reason why I can not make any sense of the fact we still have the players intact bar the wall, and the replacements within the squad should have made us stronger. The formation that was so successful last season, is not working this.
So many good valid opinions as to why it is not working just yet but think time is now against lenny to get it sorted out to the degree of Sunday afternoon will give us a more definitive answer

Members online

Latest posts

Back