Fisiani is Dr Patrick McCarthy

Thanks for all the best wishes. I have fronto temporal dementia and it was first diagnosed a year ago. Amazingly have barely noticed any change in a year and when I had an MRI there was no shrinkage in the frontal or temporal lobes which was a bonus. My diagnosis was confirmed with a lumbar puncture and I suspect that my cortical load is helping me. I'm able to walk and talk and write a textbook. I'm even giving a lecture in January. It will eventually catch me but I will work at anything that I can do and ignore the memory issues I have. I will follow Celtic till the day I die.
👍👍🍀

Dementia is an ever growing problem. The number affected will grow rapidly as the population bulge ages. There are several variants of the condition and the most common is called Alzheimer's but there are several other varieties. I have the fronto-temporal type. Estimates in NZ is that the current 70,000 in 2024 will reach 170,000 in just 2050. Our health sytem barely copes with 70,000.

Good luck my Celtic friend,got bad arthritis in both knees but my saying is,if I can stand up I can play golf,and I do 4co codamol a spoon full off morphine and am off round the course on my buggy,so you keep playing as long as you can ,my other saying is a bad game off golf is better than a 12 hour shift on a wee brush lorry,

Good luck my Celtic friend,got bad arthritis in both knees but my saying is,if I can stand up I can play golf,and I do 4co codamol a spoon full off morphine and am off round the course on my buggy,so you keep playing as long as you can ,my other saying is a bad game off golf is better than a 12 hour shift on a wee brush lorry,
Have you tried taking Turmeric (with black pepper to aid absorption)? It does help arthritis a bit (I'll need it in the future for my knee). The quinine in tonic water is supposed to help as well - if there is some gin in there then that probably helps to numb the pain as well.

Take care MCG. You'll Never Hobble Alone.

Have you tried taking Turmeric (with black pepper to aid absorption)? It does help arthritis a bit (I'll need it in the future for my knee). The quinine in tonic water is supposed to help as well - if there is some gin in there then that probably helps to numb the pain as well.

Take care MCG. You'll Never Hobble Alone.
I've tried tumeric but didn't work ,I got one new full knee replacement but wasn't happy withe result ,and it put me off getting the other one done cheers anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back