Feynoord v Celtic tue 19th KO 8pm CPT

Mooy and starfelt arent better than the projects we signed and were not even guarantedd starters last season

Jota was a project signing who could cut it. got big offer. let him go. team is not worse for him leaving in slightest because we have strength in depth on left wing imo

We were so far ahead of value v wages actually paid that we cannot replace any of our players with better players since our market is devalued in comparison to the buying leagues.

The only reason we get good prices is we have players who get scottish wages but could earn much more in another market and we add value to them if they get gametime.

you cannot add value to ready made player and you cannot afford his wages if he actually ready made good enough for celtic upgrade.

So they wont be coming
Unless they forego their big wage for dream to play in hoops and well thats unlikely imo unles dude is scottish or irish.

We cannot afford wages of better players guaranteed better that is and any new signing with better wages than our top earners will probably need to be matched across our top players and that quickly cripples club if you go over safe working capital

We have best players in Scotland imo
We have best coach
We have good enough players to earn shot at CL since they actually earned that shot

Lets hope they continue to earn that shot
Mooy was very underrated and none of our new CBs look better than Starfelt who had formed a solid partnership with CCV.I also think Jota looks miles better than any of our new wingers.Opinions eh?

Mooy was very underrated and none of our new CBs look better than Starfelt who had formed a solid partnership with CCV.I also think Jota looks miles better than any of our new wingers.Opinions eh?
Jota had an x factor, but it wasnt guaranteed every game and if im honest i think maeda was first team starter ahead of him.

I liked mooy

we need CM rather than AM imo

But Mooy was done and i think he retired

Was Mooy better than Reo or calmac

not imo

Starfelt was bombscare under press imo

good player

not better than current CBs so far but our current CBs havent had chance to synergise.

We have team who get paid less than they could get elsewhere.

our players are all good players. finding good players is hard
finding better players who will continue the value added wage structure is very very very hard.

the wage exponential for next level players is so big that just 1 of those superior wages will cripple club who doesnt have sky funding to cover wages.

Finding next level players who are willing to forego the market rate of wages is nearly impossible

trying to afford these wages without the sky tv bonus funding will result in quickly running into cashflow problems and then fire sales will need to happen if its not addressed

the increase in ability of next level players is minimal but the wage increases are exponential

finding the correct wage structure to maximise value added both on off pitch is very very very hard

We have one of the best sides in europe

its very difficult to add value to a very good team unless you can compete in market with other very good teams in europe

Maintaining our team at its current level is very hard and even harder when you dont get the big tv bungs that the other big european clubs get guaranteed.

Therefore upgrading team is very unlikely as i think we are peaked if the market tiers remain similar going forward. We are no longer top tier market participants yet we still find enough good players to maintain above our market ratings.

getting even better players than we currently underpay will not be easy, even if we had 100M in bank because 100M doesnt get you many good enough players and how are you paying this dude now you have ratched up the wage bill.

its impossible when sky gives more money to minnow clubs in big leagues who are now financially crippling us in many ways. guaranteed by sky bungs

Last edited:
I think we have upgraded every position we lost players this season

I dont think we are weaker team

New style

At least as strong as last season if not stronger. released lot of dead wood brought in guys who can impact first team and strengthened squad.

Could we have signed better?

of course

Did they try?

I hope so

Did the better players reject Celtic because they could earn more elsewhere or perhaps didnt fancy Scottish football as base?

Dunno

I think board splash cash no problem on certainties but in this market there are no certainties in our wage range.

Blame TV companies imo

Celtic board should be trying to get best value into club

over spending does not add value ever. Even if you can afford to. You just throwing money away which could have been better employed. like in an annuity fund where you dont touch the cash and the interest every year gives you larger wage budget

id much rather we spent wisely won Scottish league and hope the bubble goes pear shaped and we arent in it. game needs sporting reformation before it dies.

And throwing money doon a hole wont make club win more points in europe at least not any more than we can get under our current constraints.
Think it's too early to say ( for me) that weve upgraded TET, I'd love Palma or Tillio, Nawrocki to prove you right but for now I don't see the upgrade.
Palma hasn't played 90 minutes yet but looks a player that wants to take on defenders but he'll need to do that and score and assist to be an upgrade on jota.
I hope he can be that guy of course I do but it's too early to tell, early signs are it's no upgrade though jota disappeared in some games, once Abada is back fit I think he and and Maeda will still be no1s in their respective positions. HH

Think it's too early to say ( for me) that weve upgraded TET, I'd love Palma or Tillio, Nawrocki to prove you right but for now I don't see the upgrade.
Palma hasn't played 90 minutes yet but looks a player that wants to take on defenders but he'll need to do that and score and assist to be an upgrade on jota.
I hope he can be that guy of course I do but it's too early to tell, early signs are it's no upgrade though jota disappeared in some games, once Abada is back fit I think he and and Maeda will still be no1s in their respective positions. HH
Upgrade is impossible imo when the players you are selling now get much more than we can afford wage wise.

We might have upgraded but we have invested wisely imo on players who can be good enough to keep team from significantly degrading.

Alternative is pay the wages that player can get elsewhere, forego the big fee received and hope his form continues and hope you dont need to sell players at discount coz we have breached the safe wage levels.

Without the offsetting income needed to retain players market are willing to buy at good prices then the risks of poor form destroying your club through inability to pay your underperforming players.

You might say look at the carrot of 70 million in bank

But its meaningless if you breach your sustainable wage thresholds

We do have room to move but the players who are upgrades cost too much on wages and the upgrades will not be enough to get more points in CL imo

you would be throwing money doon pan for players who are marginally better on pitch but not nearly good enough to get more points regularly at CL levels

I hope the market inflation pressures created by tv incomes arbitrarily allocated and therefore created bubble for good enough players, i hope it bursts. But the powers in charge (probably tory types) want the huge slices of these bubble prices rather than an actual sporting game.

Blame board

Sack them for all I care

But the real problem will remain with new board

And having nothing in bank and players you cant sell is not upgrading team sustainably

They need to buy cheap with superior scouting and hope the new batch are capable of competing at same levels or better than last bunch who we can no longer afford the market offered wage level

70 million might give a team chance to close gap on us in scotland
but it has very little impact on the the players Celtic fans want at club and imo unlikely to make dent in CL levels any more than policy this board are utilising.

Its what they are hired to do.
Keep club financially healthy and maximising income which requires being best you can on pitch.

Therein lies the balancing act
how do you compete with financial juggernauts who shop at harrods when you are forced to buy from Paddys market.

Do you start buying from harrods without the required income to compete at the top end of market?

So far injuries aside none of the centre backs are better than Jacynta’s fella
And time will tell if they are. We buy projects if they do reasonably well we sell them with more experience than when they arrived. Starfelt is away a better player than when he arrived his stats prove it regardless of what his doubters say
And the project replacements are learning on the Job in the Cutthroat League
No way for a club with £70 million in the bank to operate we need experienced players in certain positions they cost money but Peter didn’t want his bonus spoiled.
Our manager wanted strength and Physicality he got skin and young muscle
Again time will tell if these projects are the ones I hope so

HH🍀

So far injuries aside none of the centre backs are better than Jacynta’s fella
And time will tell if they are. We buy projects if they do reasonably well we sell them with more experience than when they arrived. Starfelt is away a better player than when he arrived his stats prove it regardless of what his doubters say
And the project replacements are learning on the Job in the Cutthroat League
No way for a club with £70 million in the bank to operate we need experienced players in certain positions they cost money but Peter didn’t want his bonus spoiled.
Our manager wanted strength and Physicality he got skin and young muscle
Again time will tell if these projects are the ones I hope so

HH🍀
He has more market exposure for certain, at least markets that matter for the bigger wage clubs.

He also has huge international exposure and therefore less risky for cultural problems of homesickness.

I liked him as player but he was one of the players in our team that we could replace quite easily if not easily upgrade.

I dont think starfelt in that defence would have significantly improved our result?

Same goes with Jota imo

And I think Mooy on his last few games form would have been serious liability in our midfield.

Did we upgrade these squad players,

No idea but Im quite hopeful we added value on pitch and squad with the signings we made.

I would have liked a VVD type perhaps big legia defender can fill that gap in our defence
I would have liked a Stan Petrov or Lambert or Lennon type in centre mid hopefully the young holm and other new guys step up their game.

I would have like a Paulo di canio or Moravcik type to replace Jota but the new wingers might be good enough?

I dont think we could afford the wages of any of the players we once could afford.

Scootish football incomes dont allow the wages these guys could expect in todays game. Thanks SKY

Mair fitbaw the night....Gonny watch the Liverpool game, starts at quarter tae six.....Huns are on at 8pm...hae a wee look, see how they are doin...If they score, turn it ower.....If they are gettin beat. keep watchin .. I reckon if they don't win, Beale and his team will take some booing

Upgrade is impossible imo when the players you are selling now get much more than we can afford wage wise.

We might have upgraded but we have invested wisely imo on players who can be good enough to keep team from significantly degrading.

Alternative is pay the wages that player can get elsewhere, forego the big fee received and hope his form continues and hope you dont need to sell players at discount coz we have breached the safe wage levels.

Without the offsetting income needed to retain players market are willing to buy at good prices then the risks of poor form destroying your club through inability to pay your underperforming players.

We do have room to move but the players who are upgrades cost too much on wages and the upgrades will not be enough to get more points in CL imo

you would be throwing money doon pan for players who are marginally better on pitch but not nearly good enough to get more points regularly at CL levels

I hope the market inflation pressures created by tv incomes arbitrarily allocated and therefore created bubble for good enough players, i hope it bursts. But the powers in charge (probably tory types) want the huge slices of these bubble prices rather than an actual sporting game.

Blame board

Sack them for all I care

And having nothing in bank and players you cant sell is not upgrading team sustainably

They need to buy cheap with superior scouting and hope the new batch are capable of competing at same levels or better than last bunch who we can no longer afford the market offered wage level

but it has very little impact on the the players Celtic fans want at club and imo unlikely to make dent in CL levels any more than policy this board are utilising.

Keep club financially healthy and maximising income which requires being best you can on pitch.

how do you compete with financial juggernauts who shop at harrods when you are forced to buy from Paddys market.

Do you start buying from harrods without the required income to compete at the top end of market?
I’m seriously starting to think you’re Peter Lawwell big man 😂

Everybody knows I thought Starfelt was a diddy with concrete boots. IMO Rocky was a big upgrade on Starfelt. If only he could stay out of the treatment room.

I am a little disappointed in what I have seen of Palma. He looks like a winger running in treacle. He seriously needs to work on his speed IMO

Blame board

Sack them for all I care

Where is it you reckon we've upgraded ?

So who is this winger who's better than Jota who's the CB who's better than Starfelt, and who's the midfielder that's better than Mooy?????
Mooy had a handful of good games - a few very good ones. I think Holm will be better than him for one. Big Rocky will be just as good as Starfelt - Scales seems to be and Welsh always was - are we forgetting big Carl's mistake a game act ? Jota was hot and cold too - I suppose players of his type always are - on his day really good but we won a watch getting the money we got for him - a guy who cant get a game in Saudi !!
Not denying we should have been more ambitious in the window - I thoght BR would have a few great contacts for boys just outsie Prem teams. Maybe its the wages - or our sht league. Next game against a mob of hammer throwers in a tin shed on a a plastic pitch ? Cant see McTominay signing up for that.
And we should have bought Shankland and O Hara - maybe Strain too. iMHO.

I am a little disappointed in what I have seen of Palma. He looks like a winger running in treacle. He seriously needs to work on his speed IMO
Too early for me to be disappointed in Palma Vigo he's only played what...45 mins v Dundee and similar in rotterdam?
Too soon to make an informed judgement.
He's a player who appears to want to take defenders on and granted we've not seen enough of that just glimpses, hopefully when he's bedded in and has more minutes under his belt he can deliver , in the SPFL at least. Going to take more than what we've seen for me to judge his ability.
Will have to really step on it to reach jota or abadas contributions.

Where is it you reckon we've upgraded ?
I think we had such a strong squad that losing few of the squad who were valuable plus lots who were not valuable was good business. And I trust scouts from past record that players they suggest replace the players we can no longer afford are good replacements.

I dont think we can afford instant upgrades but the potential of new batch has more than offset the loss to squad

Still think we have too many players.

But the upgrade players I would like are in wage bracket beyond out model

We either break model and become debt sustaining scam capitalist club like most of the best teams on pitch- madness imo

The middle ground theory does not exist imo

just buy 10 million players thats all we ask

its not cost that matters its the wage that they want to play and motivate them.

And thats the stumbling block

Short term wasting money on wages that wont make team more valuable is madness in a bubble market

If Jota -still a project costs 25 million and 10 milion wages per year. you will struggle to upgrade that player- think they might have pulled it off if the winger is as good as he looks in videos

Legia are a top team imo. And the big defender looks like a good buy if he isnt crocked.

holm is miles better than mooy in few games ive seen him

mooy 3 years ago was decent player, past it these days imo. easily upgraded

I really dont care about competing in europe

Scotland is our market and thats all I care about.

I would only buy from Scottish market but i realise that policy prossibly would not win Scottish league. But the players we sign from abroad are usually only marginally better if they actually are than Scottish players these days.

Last edited:
I’m seriously starting to think you’re Peter Lawwell big man 😂
Dont like dude. But not because he crap at his job. because I dont like his face and sleekit silence.

one thing I am not is silent in face of controversy

But that does leave me open to the abuse I get.

sack the dick. I have no problem with him being sacked but his record of doing his job effectively is strong.

Wouldnt touch his job with a barge pole. Does he benefit from his sleekitness. yes

I try not to be sleekit. I try to be straight to point. And I call it as I see it without fear or favour.

Probably why I am disliked by sleekit people.

Mooy had a handful of good games - a few very good ones. I think Holm will be better than him for one. Big Rocky will be just as good as Starfelt - Scales seems to be and Welsh always was - are we forgetting big Carl's mistake a game act ? Jota was hot and cold too - I suppose players of his type always are - on his day really good but we won a watch getting the money we got for him - a guy who cant get a game in Saudi !!
Not denying we should have been more ambitious in the window - I thoght BR would have a few great contacts for boys just outsie Prem teams. Maybe its the wages - or our sht league. Next game against a mob of hammer throwers in a tin shed on a a plastic pitch ? Cant see McTominay signing up for that.
And we should have bought Shankland and O Hara - maybe Strain too. iMHO.
Agree with Strain definitely. Think we should still go for him in January.

Latest posts

Back