Corner Kicks

stubhoy77

Unbelievable how many corners we get in a game & very little comes from them.No imagination whatsoever plus our main striker takes them,so frustrating.

Other teams are happy to concede a corner to us as there hasn't been any real threat from one in a while whereas our defending at corners can be panicky

Strange that Lee Griffith's takes these and yet whenever seem to get anything from his deliveries. If we are not winning first balls productively and have little chance with seconds , surely its time we took such a dangerous player off corner kick duty and deployed him in the danger area. Free kicks from the right , which may suit his left peg would still be his but maybe he pulls rank too often with other dead ball opportunities? We should try different answers to this conundrum

Not been a threat from set pieces for a few years now. Either hit first defender or over hit corners most times. And free kicks are a joke.

I reckon we got 12 corners against St.Johnston & got absolutely nothing from them.Surely this must be a priority in training,even trying something different each time as anything’s better than what’s happening just now.HH

It concerns me that Griffiths takes them when he is our main goalscoring threat. He should be in the box for knockdowns stramashes and sclaffs. Saying that Calmacs corners are mince. As for Ntcham.....?

It concerns me that Griffiths takes them when he is our main goalscoring threat. He should be in the box for knockdowns stramashes and sclaffs. Saying that Calmacs corners are mince. As for Ntcham.....?

And there lies the problem....

Back