Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

Looks like Eddie gonna see his contract out from what we are seeing and hearing . No bids in for him. Will certainly affect our transfer targets and I suspect is already doing just that. Cmon Eddie get tae so we can keep the positive momentum going and get the bods in.
if he's intending on playin the knt then he can see out the rest of his time on a lowland league bench if were gonna lose out we shouldn't be alone in it

if he's intending on playin the knt then he can see out the rest of his time on a lowland league bench if were gonna lose out we shouldn't be alone in it
Totally agree with you, he shouldn’t get back into lennoxtown, can train on his own at barrowfield, travels to EVERY RESERVES GAME, even if hes “injured” if he wants to play funny buggers, so can the club😡😡

Thanks to O'Neill
Was this not a similar issue we had had years ago with big Bobo and it ended up costing us a packet?

I don't think any of the blame lay at Bobo's feet from what I can remember (but please correct me if I'm wrong). From what I can remember, he activated an extension by playing a certain number of games. A which point the club wanted him off the pay role, and basically dragged him through the mud in the media and didn't play him (basically trying to force him out).

Players aren't at fault for signing contracts offered to them by the club.

I don't think any of the blame lay at Bobo's feet from what I can remember (but please correct me if I'm wrong). From what I can remember, he activated an extension by playing a certain number of games. A which point the club wanted him off the pay role, and basically dragged him through the mud in the media and didn't play him (basically trying to force him out).

Players aren't at fault for signing contracts offered to them by the club.
I think the problem was he knew he would not be getting picked by Strachan and then backed out of a transfer to Sunderland who were willing to match his £28K/week salary (in 2008) so he could stay with us and puck up his wages for sitting in the stands. Yes, he was within his rights to do this but he knew it was draining the resources of a club he professed to love.

I remember this quote being attributed to Bobo Balde, during a discussion he allegedly had ,with Peter Lawell
"You are the CEO of Celtic Football Club"
"I am the CEO of Bobo Balde"
It was also alleged, that he refused to sign a non disclosure agreement with the club, when he wanted to move to Sunderland
He was loved by the supporters as he was a warrior for the cause
Not gifted by any means, but he was feared around the league by the opposition, and with good reason, fearless in the tackle and built like a brick shithouse
The game today has been ruined by agents, and players who think they're the next Messi or Ronaldo, imho

Last edited:
I think the problem was he knew he would not be getting picked by Strachan and then backed out of a transfer to Sunderland who were willing to match his £28K/week salary (in 2008) so he could stay with us and puck up his wages for sitting in the stands. Yes, he was within his rights to do this but he knew it was draining the resources of a club he professed to love.
ONLY thanks to O'Neill who was happy to dole out contracts and money to over the top guys like Bobo. By the way I remember well, Strachan was brought in on the remit of significantly lowering wages an lowering the age of the squad on a rebuild. The damage was done by O'NEILL

Bobo is one of the reasons I could never warm to strachan. He treated the bigman like shit.

Bobo is one of the reasons I could never warm to strachan. He treated the bigman like shit.
Obviously none of us know for definite as to what was happening behind the scenes, but I always thought the stand-off was between Lawwell and Balde.

It was duch a waste as I think he was the highest paid player in Scotland at that point, who could still have done a job for us and yet he was wssting away in yhe standa.

I still love the passion and commitment on the pitch of the fella.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back