Celtic v Livingston, Scottish Cup Qtr Final, Sunday 10th Mar, 2.30pm KO

The pairing of Welsh and Scales was/is a worry.

With all the injuries we have in central defence at present, would you bring in Tony Ralston at right back and temporarily play Alistair Johnston alongside Scales?…
I don't think Lagerbielke is as bad as he's been made out.
Would have him in before Welsh to be honest.
Big Scales looking nervous when CCV not there.
But we have had so many permutations in the back line that it's inevitable they look like they have never played together.
Johnston has just started to get back to something like himself so maybe not a good idea to ask him to try a new role.
We are just about getting away with our inadequacy in defence but I fear that's gonna bite us big time on this run in unfortunately if CCV continues to miss out.

The pairing of Welsh and Scales was/is a worry.

With all the injuries we have in central defence at present, would you bring in Tony Ralston at right back and temporarily play Alistair Johnston alongside Scales?…
What’s the point of Lagerbielke has he really been that poor Christ scales was on his way out got some game time.
I don’t think Lagerbhoy has been given a fair crack methinks he’s a political pinball between the manager and the imperfect Family Lawwells
To me there is a player in there

HH🍀

What’s the point of Lagerbielke has he really been that poor Christ scales was on his way out got some game time.
I don’t think Lagerbhoy has been given a fair crack methinks he’s a political pinball between the manager and the imperfect Family Lawwells

HH🍀

I’d prefer seeing him alongside someone with a bit of pace. And that lack of pace without CCV is a problem for us at present…

That’s the whole back line problem with our CB’s no pace it’s ok to drop back a few yards
when pace is a concern
But get your concerns

HH🍀

Our lack of pace at the back hinders us when we want to play a high pressing game imo…..mibbies that’s why that’s dropped off quite a bit.

One of the positive things about the CCV/Starman partnership was they both had pace, and having pace can compensate for things and get you out of bother at times. Our defensive record with those 2 playing together was excellent, contrary to some opinions…😉

Our lack of pace at the back hinders us when we want to play a high pressing game imo…..mibbies that’s why that’s dropped off quite a bit.

One of the positive things about the CCV/Starman partnership was they both had pace, and having pace can compensate for things and get you out of bother at times. Our defensive record with those 2 playing together was excellent, contrary to some opinions…😉
Aye Starfelt was an easy target painted by the Medja and our own fans. But him and CCV were unbeaten as a pair in Scotia.
We’ve deffo went backwards since he left and CCV has been injured 😉
£3 million doesn’t get the finished article

HH🍀

Last edited:

HH🍀
Well he played great against the hunz at ibrox outwith one hiccup,but he settled down and was solid..think you might be correct with the political bit??scales and welsh give me the fear😬😬

Back