Celtic v Hearts Saturday 4th May 3pm (2am 5th in NZ)

Cant see BR do anything other than start with the same 11 as started at Dundee.
Personally would rather see Iwata start than CalMac as the captain doesn't look even close to being fit. Scales is now a definite started until the end of the season, no point in hoping that Nawrocki will get a chance as he won't unless there are injuries to CCV or Scales.
Hopefully Maeda is fit enough for place on the bench.
The Hearts we will see will be totally different from the pathetic team who roll over and gets their tummies tickled against their big cousins. They'll be leaving the boot in and going at us from the start. Stop Shankland and you are well on the way to a result. We owe them a tanking for the last two results but any type of win will do.

I think calmac will start over iwata as this is the dress rehearsal for the tribute act /derby. Hearts have nothing to play for other than wanting to get a result favourable to the chances of the tribute act. I think these two games in particular was the reasoning behind why Rodgers only used 3 subs last time out, to give cal and Reo minutes in their legs as both aren't, or weren't last outing fully fit,hopefully another week training has brought both even more up to speed. After Reo hit the post last time out he faded very quickly it was a gamble not to replace him with Bernardo I thought.

Not convinced that Rodgers can get away with only using iwata, Palma and Idah against hearts, who will play this like the cup final they couldve been in.
Like everyone else those long balls to the back post concern me as does the running at our defence , something they will definately try and exploit.
Taylor has had a reasonably decent season despite repeated mis- matches in defence when at times its looked like he's been giving away a foot in height at corners and scales has struggled with crosses as well, CCV doesn't look 100% yet either.
Oriley like kyogo can be very quiet for long periods and then just adds some quality to something and makes the difference but we can't have that absence for too long this game Bernardo is a good option to bring on if Matty's heads still pondering life in Madrid.
Hope scales takes confidence from his new deal , something Celtic had to do with clubs sniffing about and repays that faith by lifting his game once again for this final push.
Daizen in the squad might get a late run out , Yang is simply too much of a risk at this point for me so same again kuhn and Forrest, kuhn is improving I do think that , his tracking back is better , was better at Dundee his distribution to kyogo has to improve but I like his willingness to run at defenders , some low cut backs mixed in with his crosses and wee Kyogo will find those.
It's another huge massive game that can be a prelude to set us up for winning this title at home against that mob which would be so so sweet , aye getting ahead of myself I know. Dragging myself back to present day I am confident of the win , I expect a tough test, tougher than we've had against Dundee it would be great to record a clean sheet but just outscore the opposition and get the points by any means necessary. 3-1 Celtic on the day ( today). I'd love to see a swashbuckling display, dominating the midfield and rattling in goals for fun especially against this mob , since that has been few and far between this season any win at all will be fantastic.
Just get the basics right , no loose passes or giving the ball away from comfortable positions we should be fine.
Cmon bhoys a monumental push, backed by a full house get the 3 points and go on to write one of the stories Rodgers was just talking about HH

7.10 am the whole hoose is wakened, young yin thought we'd slept in ffs.

24 & like a wean at Christmas oan match days, going for 3-1 The Bhoys, but really 3pts is all the matters, put the pressure oan the Tribute Act tae get a result, nae Connor Goalieson apparently a knee injury in training, but truth be known Souttar stood oan his hand

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪☘️COYBIG☘️YNWA☘️🇮🇪🏴

Plenty of emotions going into this one today .......excitement nervous anxious anticipation.
It's only all about today and nothing else ....I suspect this is gonna be a nerve jangling day that will test the blood pressure to the max.
VAR/MIB will feel they've got a clean slate to lay one on us today I fear ....given the nonsense review manufactured earlier in the week.
I still feel like we are playing with four of our star men not fully fit in CCV Johnston Calmac and Hatate and maybe add Maeda to that list now he's miraculously back.
So no doubts this game is gonna be tough for so many reasons ....no room for any passengers fully fit or not. Any score that gets us over the line by any means necessary!!!!

Can I just say a massive thank you to Tommybhoy8881 for allowing my old man to use his ticket today.
He was absolutely buzzing when I was able to tell him that I could possibly get him to the match.
He's been climbing the walls since he found out he was going!! He's heading into the Gallowgate at 11!!
Thanks Tommybhoy!!!

Last edited:
Can I just say a massive thank you to Tommybhoy8881 for allowing my old man to use his season ticket today.
He was absolutely buzzing when I was able to tell him that I could possibly get him to the match.
He's been climbing the walls since he found out he was going!! He's heading into the Gallowgate at 11!!
Thanks Tommybhoy!!!
That is magic Lubos ....we'll done Tommybhoy 🇮🇪👏

Can I just say a massive thank you to Tommybhoy8881 for allowing my old man to use his season ticket today.
Thanks Tommybhoy!!!
That Tommybhoy is quite a good lad, for a sevco fan! Does your Dad know it is actually a season ticket for Ibrokes?

Just kidding. Well done again Tommy. That is a wonderful and very thoughtful gesture. I hope Lubo's old man gets to enjoy a famous and memorable victory for the Hoops. Hail Hail. 💚

That Tommybhoy is quite a good lad, for a sevco fan! Does your Dad know it is actually a season ticket for Ibrokes?

Just kidding. Well done again Tommy. That is a wonderful and very thoughtful gesture. I hope Lubo's old man gets to enjoy a famous and memorable victory for the Hoops. Hail Hail. 💚
Well let’s hope we win and Scales gets a hat trick or crabby laddie will be on the moan
Seriously well Done Tommybhoy great thing to do👏💚👏💚👏

HH🍀

Back